Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

So if I'm right and this game does play a lot like heavenly sword, This new game will be based off a game taking heavy inspiration from God of War which took moderate inspiration from the first Devil May Cry.

Okay, the appearance is one thing, but I will stab a kitten if they fuck with the system they've had since DMC 3 and do something like GoW. Freaking pointless.

Wait did I just say that. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Onlynet, a Capcom Europe staffer, had this to say:

"It's Dante in his teens... the game is still very DMC. Didn't you guys have a bad haircut when you were younger?! The Dante gamers are familiar with is one that understands and embraces his powers, using them to dispatch enemies assuredly, with style and a trademark wisecrack. Taking a young Dante allows us to introduce a raw, more visceral combat fuelled by powers that he is yet to comprehend or have control over.

For those of you concerned while Ninja Thoey are creating the game they will be working with a team at Capcom that contains a number of staff that have worked on previous Devil May Cry titles, including Hedaaki Itsuno who has been involved in all four, who are there to ensure that the Devil May Cry DNA continues."

Linky-link

So it IS a prequel and (most of) the original team is helping on it. NERDRAEG has subsided, slightly.

So I was right. It's a prequel to everything.

Here's $20. Looks like I lost that bet. :lol:

But all is well then...somewhat. It's strange tho, I always assumed that Dante's hair was always white since he was born with him being half demon and all that. I suppose that his hair greys/whitens at around the time he hits his late teens or something.

All and all, old Dante, new look. Seems that the folks at Capcom intend to keep the very same wisecracker despite the change.

So does this mean we get to see a new look for Vergil as well? :)

EDIT: Holy shit, I actually see what Chooch was talking about when he said it looked like a younger Dante...WTF is he doing with a cigarette? Isn't he underage? :lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Chaos: Yeah, I'd always assumed his hair had always been that colour, as Vergil also has that hair colour. Maybe his hair is naturally white, but he's dying it in this trailer.

My raeg has subsided. I am now looking kind of forward to this game, hm.

Chaos: Yeah, I'd always assumed his hair had always been that colour, as Vergil also has that hair colour. Maybe his hair is naturally white, but he's dying it in this trailer.

But that wouldn't make any sense for FOUR characters to want to dye their hair the same shade of white, and if I remember correctly even Sparda had white hair along with his sons and Nero.

Plus, dye is suppose to come of with water isn't it...or something. I just know that Dante has had his hair wet more than several times.

I'm sticking with the idea that his hair greys. Makes more sense to me than dying his hair that color, mainly because of his half-demon heritage. Of course, that wouldn't be the only time my guess was wrong.

Who knows, maybe his white hair is the result of him mastering his powers in this game, since he doesn't know how to control them at this point in his age. He did say in the very first game that he's had powers since he was a kid, even though he's a teenage hoodlum of some sort (hey, he had to do SOMETHING pretty bad to end up chained in a prison cell).

I think he means the brown hair is color. And water doesn't wash it out unless it's that spray stuff :lol:

What worries me more now, is that Ninja Theory is making. Sure there will be people from the originals, but I still don't trust NT. Heavenly Sword was extremely boring to me.

I'm a big fan of the Devil May Cry series, I've owned all of them and only disliked DMC2. If the gameplay is solid I'll certainly give this one a shot. I't's a bit bloody weird seeing Dante without the white hair, but I can't complain or see anything newly horrible in his design and attitude in this new game. I mean he was a punky little twatmunch in DMC3 but the game still rocked. Plus in the new one he puts out a cigarette on an enemies face, which is just fucking funny and awesome. He looks a bit emo but if the gameplay is up to standard I'll simply get used to the new Dante as I enjoy playing the game.

Well, action looks alright, new Dante looks like shit. That's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

Why'd they need to change? God of War lasted 4 games without changing its style. This is Sonic 4's "Green eyes" thing taken to the extreme.

Also, inb4 crawling in my skin joke

it's basically like they've gone from asian hipster kid to western hipster kid with dante, so whatever... lol.

I hope the gameplay is up to snuff, more then anything

To put it simply: What is this shit?!

Srsly, that's not DMC, that's not even Dante! Who the hell is this fool? I hate you now, capcom. R.I.P. DMC. We all loved you.

tehfucke.jpg

Nuff said.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 3

So I was right. It's a prequel to everything.

Capcom themselves don't know what the fuck it seems to be anymore and they're contradicting themselves at their forums. At some point they say its a prequel to DMC3 but at other times they say its also a reboot.

A reboot is not a prequel.

Fuck.

EDIT:

Someone asked Hideki Kamiya (creator of Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc.) what he thought of "DmC" compared to Bayonetta and his response was simply: "Whatever."

Says it all.

Edited by Columind

On the hair colour:

If this is a prequel, and they're actually paying attention to what happens in the other games, perhaps that's how they get around the Devil Trigger problem.

It may be the different angles, but in the trailer, it kinda looks like the hair changes the amount of whiteness in different shots.

So, maybe 'black hair' is the normal, and fully white will be the 'Devil Trigger' for this.

Anyway, the trailer didn't look bad, but the game looks suspiciously UE3... which I'm not too happy about, if that's the case.

I don't have any experience with Ninja Theory either, but I'm going with the thought that supposedly 'bad' developers can get 'better'.

DMC is probably my favorite video game series. I was extremely pissed about the redesign but he grew on me. Hopefully Ninja Theory won't mess with the formula too much.

Well, action looks alright, new Dante looks like shit. That's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

Why'd they need to change? God of War lasted 4 games without changing its style. This is Sonic 4's "Green eyes" thing taken to the extreme.

Also, inb4 crawling in my skin joke

Beat ya to it:

And it isn't really the roots of Dante's hair that's grey, there's just this grey splotch in the middle.

Meh, most of my "rage" is gone... still, he looks radically different than the Dante we know. I mean, it looks like a total redesign of the character, down to his facial structure. I hope they make his final look closer to the Dante we all know and love, much like the developers of inFamous 2 did with Cole.

Still, I'm glad it ain't a reboot....

it's basically like they've gone from asian hipster kid to western hipster kid with dante, so whatever... lol.

Dante was always an American last I checked and his attire was either American or European in style. Although the series doesn't concern itself too much with nationality.

To put it simply: What is this shit?!

Srsly, that's not DMC, that's not even Dante! Who the hell is this fool?

That is Dante in his teens as said by an official at Capcom.

It's the same Dante, but before he could control his powers. The black/brown hair doesn't make to much sense to me at this point, but as someone said it might be something to do with his Devil Trigger. But regardless, my caution for this game has already subsided despite the design.

I'm guessing the hair cut is part of his rebellious like attire in this game.

Note the UK flag on the left sleeve

...I'm guessing he's just hanging out in the UK and got some new threads to represent the country? [/excuses]

Although it wasn't something of any concern, Dante was always more American from the way he carried himself, along with the game booklet saying that he was from contemporary America if I remember correctly. What's up with that change?

EDIT: http://scrawlfx.com/...nd-of-new-dante

Hideki Kamiya does not like the new Dante either.

I do kind of wish the main man who made the series was in on this. That's the one thing I find disappointing, but I'm going to remain hopeful that this game explains a lot of the changes as to why things are as they are. And if not, I'll just enjoy the gameplay while feeling "meh" about everything.

Wonder how this is going to turn out now.

I can only hope this game manages to keep everything decent. The change was controversial as it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just noticed this. His facial structure doesn't even resemble Dante's.

I'm just going to call this guy "Emo-Pommy-guy" from now on, since he obviously doesn't resemble Dante, at all.

...I'm guessing he's just hanging out in the UK and got some new threads to represent the country? [/excuses]

Maybe it's more self-insertion. Ninja Theory is based in Cambridge, England.

Also Kamiya with the smackdown, haha. Now get back to work on Bayonetta 2 pls.

Just a few nitpicks...

Heavenly Sword was an awesome game. There was nothing wrong with the combat. It just emphasized defense which threw alot of melee vets off.

This Dante does not look generic. Commander Shepard is generic. Cole from Infamous looks generic(Yes, I favored the new design as well because I am tired of the nearly bald generic white guy look). Altair looks generic. This Dante looks like an emaciated gamer. Pretty original but they should have saved it for a completely different series.

Again with the Emo shit? Get an urban dictionary. Normal people do wear dark clothes and smoke cigarettes. So far, he hasn't done anything resembling of wangsting so drop it.

Anyways, wow. Well if he doesn't make any wise cracks, I'm through with DMC as a story. As for Hideki not liking this game. He also wasn't too favorable towards DMC3 and 4 as well. So take that as you may.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

As soon as it has slightly-longer-than-short black hair, it's automatically ANGST EMO HIPSTER as far as the Internet populace's concerned.

Also, I don't get what the problem with the flag is. They're often featured on clothing regardless of wearer nationality or place of creation.

And another thing, Heavenly Sword played nothing like God of War. As someone who excelled in Heavenly Sword, I can tell you that alot of the moves Dante uses in the video is Heavenly Sword inspired. I can see that the weapon he uses is interchangable(Like Nariko's Heavenly Sword) and Dante doesn't have the Rebellion. In other words, Dante is just a cub...a six foot cub with an obsession with cigarrettes.

Edited by turbojet