Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

I find it to be pretty decent without the hard lock on. Though I do miss Stinger.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

I find it to be pretty decent without the hard lock on. Though I do miss Stinger.

You can do it with >>+Y or triangle. Trillion stabs and all

Well, hot damn. Is good day! Anyway, I don't really get all the hatred for the way the game plays because, I find it to be pretty good in that aspect at least. The writing is terrible but, that's nothing I'm not used to coming from Capcom. Damnit, if I didn't cringe at the FUCK YOUs, though. Also, is it just me or would that scene where Dante punches the bouncer be way better if he wrote "DANTE" on the list instead of "FUCK YOU"?

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

Also, is it just me or would that scene where Dante punches the bouncer be way better if he wrote "DANTE" on the list instead of "FUCK YOU"?
Way better. hahahaha. I think clocking the bouncer was fuck you enough, and having his name scrawled across the list would be classic overly self confident dante.

but you know, fuck the establishment and shit

Also, is it just me or would that scene where Dante punches the bouncer be way better if he wrote "DANTE" on the list instead of "FUCK YOU"?

I'm most definitely in the minority, but I actually found that scene funny.

I'd honestly question if people wouldn't be okay if the old Dante did that, because we'd probably find that funny. Other scenes of Donte being a dick, eh...

I'm most definitely in the minority, but I actually found that scene funny.

I'd honestly question if people wouldn't be okay if the old Dante did that, because we'd probably find that funny. Other scenes of Donte being a dick, eh...

No, no, no, the old Dante would take the list from him, saying, "hang on, I think you're mistaken, lemme take a look at that..." Then he'd scribble his name on, hand the list back, "there it is, see?" And then audaciously stroll in while everyone else looks on in complete bewilderment.

It would fit his character so much better, and would be so much more amusing.

• Thumbs Up 3

No, no, no, the old Dante would take the list from him, saying, "hang on, I think you're mistaken, lemme take a look at that..." Then he'd scribble his name on, hand the list back, "there it is, see?" And then audaciously stroll in while everyone else looks on in complete bewilderment.

It would fit his character so much better, and would be so much more amusing.

Honestly, that sounds lame even for the old Dante when you describe it like that. And we're talking about the same Dante who's more than willing to play around countering bullets and even downright fight regular humans who try to pick a fight with him like Lady.

I mean I highly doubt that one scene would be unfitting to old Dante's character if it were the old Dante.

Is the bouncer even a demon? Proper Dante wouldn't hurt a normal dude when he can just, like, draw Alastor to sign the list into the wall next to the guy's face.

And regarding the lock on and related gameplay topics, well, yeah. This game probably doesn't need it. DMC mechanics are better suited for DMC games, after all - if you catch my drift.

huehue

Edited by Dobkeratops
  • Thumbs Up 5

Random combo video transmission.

DMD mode looks pretty good, above.

*jawdrop* How can people even do this? It's mind blowing!

*jawdrop* How can people even do this? It's mind blowing!

You should see some of the shit me and Noel do in our fighting matches.

You should see some of the shit me and Noel do in our fighting matches.

Change that to you, because I'm not amazing at all :P

I played the demo and I liked it. Yeah, hate me

Regarding something I saw...I'm loling at the people telling to buy the HD Collection...really? It's the "Buy Sonic 1 on release instead" all over again?

In fact, I think there are other points that relate this game and Sonic 4 :P.

Anyway, I think I'm going to buy this.

• Thumbs Up 1

That footage, the same huge number of puny hits that don't mean anything. Something something Ninja Gaiden 2 something something hits matter.

Why is aerial rave exclusive to swordmaster? (unlike bayonetta)

Or how about unlike Nero? Yeah, for some reason Nero was able to do those moves no problem.

Is the bouncer even a demon? Proper Dante wouldn't hurt a normal dude when he can just, like, draw Alastor to sign the list into the wall next to the guy's face.

And regarding the lock on and related gameplay topics, well, yeah. This game probably doesn't need it. DMC mechanics are better suited for DMC games, after all - if you catch my drift.

huehue

Alastor hasn't been in a DMC game since 1, for whatever reason. He's been wielding the punk ass "Rebellion" ever since, and sometimes random swords he finds sitting in the corner (DMC2).

Off topic: After carbo's video. I want a new Viewtiful Joe game!

on topic: That combo video was sick. That alone made me want to at least rent the full game. Damn you combo fiends doing better advertising than Capcom.

Alastor hasn't been in a DMC game since 1, for whatever reason. He's been wielding the punk ass "Rebellion" ever since, and sometimes random swords he finds sitting in the corner (DMC2).

Well, 2 never happened and 3 comes before he'd get it, so it's only technically missing from 4.

You're right in that Rebellion is his trademark sword, though for some reason I always think of Alastor first. Must've been the impact of acquiring the weapon (homaged in 4) and that sweet ass VJ boss already posted.

On relevant news, I finally tried the DmC demo and it was exactly what i expected:

- This is not DMC and it should not bear the franchise name, for it is not as sublime of a departure as RE4 was to RE in the slightest. Could've dodged a lot of criticism by being a new, serviceable button mashy IP - but we all knew that.

- The pretentious eurotrash indie fuck the establishment shit turns me off so bad. It's the hipster equivalent of japanese loli dating sims when it comes to the embarrassment scale.

- Cannot play this for more than 30 minutes at a time. Fantastic environmental work and colorful art style but that fucking combination of low poly shit, jerky animations, bad motion blur and horrible headache inducing depth of field vaseline filter with bleeding glow effects everywhere makes me physically ill. I shit you not, had to stop and rest my eyes midway through.

This happens in every UE game where the developers haven't retooled the setting to a less offensive level and as evidenced by their previous game, Ninja Theory love to leave it at default (or crank that shit up). If this became a PS+ freebie down the line I'm not even sure I'd bother simply because of this fact alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been kind of wanting to play this but not actually buy it. Ironically my vitriol died down a little after recently playing and beating DMC1 and 3SE, because at least this game doesn't look anywhere near as terrible as DMC2. The characters and writing are total shit but the game looks almost fun now. Hopefully a demo hits Steam when the PC version is ready to roll along, but otherwise I'd rather wait for a discount on DMC4 first.

I don't know about you guys, but the whole "City is trying to kill you" thing going on was really cool, and a fantastic play on perspective, i just don't think Dante himself handles well enough to be both a hack n' slash and a platformer, He's slow, the leap forward thing he does can be just off for precision jumps and he falls super fast, as well as his jumping being pretty jarred, it just feels clunky, unlike say... Metal Gear Rising, who seems very fluid and is also a hack n' slash combo styled game, Hell even Bayonetta had more fluent movement, and the ability to move faster, this game is looking weak compared to both of them, and i really enjoyed DmC4...

Ok, I've been wanting to get in DMC anyway, so I shall pick up the collection, and then play this and then JUDGE.

I don't know about you guys, but the whole "City is trying to kill you" thing going on was really cool, and a fantastic play on perspective, i just don't think Dante himself handles well enough to be both a hack n' slash and a platformer, He's slow, the leap forward thing he does can be just off for precision jumps and he falls super fast, as well as his jumping being pretty jarred, it just feels clunky, unlike say... Metal Gear Rising, who seems very fluid and is also a hack n' slash combo styled game, Hell even Bayonetta had more fluent movement, and the ability to move faster, this game is looking weak compared to both of them, and i really enjoyed DmC4...

You say this as if it is a surprise that Bayonetta, the top echelon of action games, has better game mechanics than some sub par hack and slash.

• Thumbs Up 3