Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

Since when are DmC games sub-par hack and slash titles? I'm pretty sure they set the genre for these games so high in the first place, considering this new re-boot is newer than Bayonetta, then yes I am surprised they haven't improved on it.

Since when are DmC games sub-par hack and slash titles? I'm pretty sure they set the genre for these games so high in the first place, considering this new re-boot is newer than Bayonetta, then yes I am surprised they haven't improved on it.

Compare studios then.

Bayonetta: the creator of the original DMC and Viewtiful Joe's pride and joy. The studio that created Okami, Vanquish, Resident Evil, Anarchy Reigns, Mad World, the upcoming MGR: Rising and motherfucking Godhand.

This game: Heavenly Sword and Enslaved.

I mean really. One has shown to be amazing through the quality of games that mostly defy time and are still playable while the other thinks they are good when they are mediocre.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2

Heavenly Sword and Enslaved are under rated games to begin with, besides Vanquish and Mad World are mediocre games too, but I see your point but it still should be an improvement since DmC is a popular hack n' slash franchise, and since this is a reboot they really need to put their hearts into reviving the franchise.

Bayonetta has aged a bit now, honestly i think Rising looks tons better than Bayonetta, but DmC should really be at least near Bayo's status, at least!

Edited by Super Snowiko

Heavenly Sword and Enslaved are under rated games to begin with, besides Vanquish and Mad World are mediocre games too, but I see your point but it still should be an improvement since DmC is a popular hack n' slash franchise, and since this is a reboot they really need to put their hearts into reviving the franchise.

Bayonetta has aged a bit now, honestly i think Rising looks tons better than Bayonetta, but DmC should really be at least near Bayo's status, at least!

tumblr_lrs96a0pSz1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

That is all there needs to be said, really.

• Thumbs Up 4

oh whatever, as if i'm going to bother continuing to converse my points with someone who uses an image macro gif to reply.

I think it's a mistake to judge a studio entirely based on their previous output. Batman Arkham Asylum was a licensed game maybe by a team of relative nobodies and it ended up being one of the games of the year. Judge the game by it's own merits ( ie: the demo I guess ) rather then pitchforking and rioting against it due to some perceived injustice done by the development team.

• Thumbs Up 2

Remz, I like Ninja Theory, and honestly, gave this game more attention than most would have. I played and still like Heavenly Sword for what it was and if you type in Enslaved in the search menu, guess who started that forum for that game?

But the sheer pretentiousness of this studio cannot be ignored. Everything about this game has been snobbish as all hell. From the video game journalists calling the fans whiny for complaining about the changes that did ensue but rationalizing as "white hair derp derp" , Tareem being a snobbish prick, the half-assed social commentary about how the world is out to get you and media is all about lies because "fuck the establishment, man," and to the blatant mechanic rip from Heavenly Sword that no longer resembles DMC,this game...no this entire development process for such a mediocre game has been one fuck off to fans of previous games and the series. And when they give us a demo, it no longer resembles DMC of the old, but a clunky ass game that should have been a new ip. The self-righteousness of Ninja Theory throughout the entire process has thoroughly worth the contempt and their effort from this demo was lackluster.

Rocksteady started out as nothing and earned their big name through spectacular games. So did KojiPro. So did Valve. So did Arc System. So did Platinum. They don't walk the Earth and expect fans of their series to give them respect and they do not have the arrogance to act like the sun shines out their ass and they are beyond any criticism. They earned their reputations. Ninja Theory has done nothing to act like they are above theirs.

• Thumbs Up 7

oh whatever, as if i'm going to bother continuing to converse my points with someone who uses an image macro gif to reply.

Here is an actual reply then. Mad World was not a mediocre game. Vanquish sure as hell wasn't. Vanquish was a breath of fresh air to 3rd person shooters and had a different take on it. It was original, fresh, and damn entertaining since it got a 9 from IGN and it was pretty critically acclaimed. It was not mediocre in the slightest. Mad World brought something new to the Wii and it may be similar to No More Heroes, but it was a great game. DMC is Dante's Inferno. And no, the Devil May Cry series has hardly been known for sub par hack and slash. That is why most of the fans are complaining about this game to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 8

PG have made even Infinite Space. Why noone remembers Infinite Space?

I know, it's nitpicking; it's not against your point blush.png

PS: and Valve is kinda overrated. I said it.

Edited by Teoskaven

So... This is a thing.

qcUop.jpg

Do Ninja Theory not realize how utterly stupid, ridiculous and unintentionally hilarious this is? I mean, come on, now.

• Thumbs Up 7

So... how did she die? He kiiled her, or something?

Nope, Mundus killed her.

Speaking of which, the visualization shown when Vergil is explaining what happened looks hilariously stupid, too. Especially the part with Sparda, who looks utterly ridiculous, unlike the classy motherfucker in the original series.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... This is a thing.

Do Ninja Theory not realize how utterly stupid, ridiculous and unintentionally hilarious this is? I mean, come on, now.

From all the artwork I've seen for this game, the only pic I can consider cool is the one with the half naked angels lying on the floor.

The one with Dante fingering himself in a bathroom and this are just fucking awful.

More vids:

I don't want to talk about this because we already know that I hate this. I'm getting Metal Gear Rising.

I think I missed the "battle" part of the boss battle.  All I saw was nonsensical cutscenes.

... The fuck did I just watch...? That... please tell me that's one of the first bosses. I would have thought that to be a breeze even as a little kid.

ALSO BREAKING NEWS YOU'RE FIRED HURR DURR IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE'S DEAD AND HE HAD SAID BREAKING NEWS HA HA HA THIS GAME IS SHIT.

Edited by Pissy Dissy
  • Thumbs Up 6

Compare studios then.

Bayonetta: the creator of the original DMC and Viewtiful Joe's pride and joy. The studio that created Okami, Vanquish, Resident Evil, Anarchy Reigns, Mad World, the upcoming MGR: Rising and motherfucking Godhand.

This game: Heavenly Sword and Enslaved.

I mean really. One has shown to be amazing through the quality of games that mostly defy time and are still playable while the other thinks they are good when they are mediocre.

Oh god I really can't disagree with this Capcom really made a bad move by getting rid of clover for no good reason those guys are like the answer to my sonic game needs in action game form.

If nothing else I do kind of like Vergil's role in this game, if not Vergil himself (he's not bad, just kinda boring compared to his original self). It was only hinted with one line in DMC3 that he and Dante used to have some kind of partnership, so I am honestly interested in seeing them team up and Vergil actually try looking out for his brother, even if it won't last obviously.

ALSO BREAKING NEWS YOU'RE FIRED HURR DURR IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE'S DEAD AND HE HAD SAID BREAKING NEWS HA HA HA THIS GAME IS SHIT.

I may be playing Devil's advocate here, but I've seen much worse jokes in other games and no one gave a fuck about and if this was in other game I assume that people would also not give a single fuck about it.

Anyway, this is supposed  to be Devil May Cry, you hear a lot of this crap in the other titles from the series.

I may be playing Devil's advocate here, but I've seen much worse jokes in other games and no one gave a fuck about and if this was in other game I assume that people would also not give a single fuck about it.

Anyway, this is supposed  to be Devil May Cry, you hear a lot of this crap in the other titles from the series.

The difference being is that Dante does not take himself so fucking seriously. He is essentially having a good time doing what he is doing. Jesus, I get that the series was narmy, but that was intentional. Ninja Theory was brought along for this project to improve the writing and by the looks of it, we could have just got the DMC we had before if this is the improvement of the quality of writing that they brought.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I missed the "battle" part of the boss battle.  All I saw was nonsensical cutscenes.
Because most of the actual gameplay for the boss battle was skipped in the video. The score counter jump tens of thousands of points at various times throughout the video. The fighting was cut out. It's not that there's no fighting whatsoever, it's just that it wasn't shown.

Compare what you just watched to this older cam footage from gamescom. I understand that this game game is generating a lot of ire from the Devil May Cry fanbase (for obvious reaosns), but you could at least pay a little more attention so your complaints actually appear valid.

Edited by Shin Kuroi
  • Thumbs Up 2

Because most of the actual gameplay for the boss battle was skipped in the video. The score counter jump tens of thousands of points at various times throughout the video. The fighting was cut out. It's not that there's no fighting whatsoever, it's just that it wasn't shown.

Compare what you just watched to this older cam footage from gamescom. I understand that this game game is generating a lot of ire from the Devil May Cry fanbase (for obvious reaosns), but you could at least pay a little more attention so your complaints actually appear valid.

Ah, ok then.  My bad.

I don't particularly think battling a bunch of mooks is much better, but ok.

But the sheer pretentiousness of this studio cannot be ignored. Everything about this game has been snobbish as all hell. From the video game journalists calling the fans whiny for complaining about the changes that did ensue but rationalizing as "white hair derp derp" , Tareem being a snobbish prick, the half-assed social commentary about how the world is out to get you and media is all about lies because "fuck the establishment, man," and to the blatant mechanic rip from Heavenly Sword that no longer resembles DMC,this game...no this entire development process for such a mediocre game has been one fuck off to fans of previous games and the series. And when they give us a demo, it no longer resembles DMC of the old, but a clunky ass game that should have been a new ip. The self-righteousness of Ninja Theory throughout the entire process has thoroughly worth the contempt and their effort from this demo was lackluster.

I don't keep up to date with news and such, and am currently on the fence about getting the game, even though I also dislike change. But, did they really do all that?

I mean, sure, fans can be bitchy most of the time. But to come off all high and mighty while showing no respect to the people who's money is required to mark the game a success or failure, is beyond stupid IMHO.

I was literally this close: I__I to pre-ordering the game. It comes out around the same time as Ni no Kuni and I'm sure a hell pre-ordering that one!

But if the company are gonna tell fans to fuck off, then maybe I'll do the same. I wont get the game, simply because they don't deserve my endorsement that the product they created is something worth getting. I'll be fine with just Ni no Kuni, plus I still have much to do on Devil May Cry HD Collection.

Every reviewer could claim the game is perfection in disc form, but it wont matter to me. I can't willingly hand over my money to a company that shows so little respect towards the people who are their target audience. You wont see a movie trailer saying "Watch this movie you dumb fuckers!"