Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

dmcninjatheorycapcompsm.jpg

Eh, felt like adding fuel to the fire.

This is from Playstation Magazine Issue 66 for those who want to know.

"More European." What does that even mean??

Although it kinda makes sense why I dislike the look and feel of the game now. It's because I'm English. The English are genetically programmed to hate anything to do with Europe.

I'm a bit mixed in regards to whether developers should listen to their fans. I mean, I could understand the reactions that came with DmC's Dante because we went 4 games with a white haired Dante before getting him with black hair and a new haircut. Heck, even before the series came this far, fans criticized Dante for how he was in DMC2 on the way he acted than the way he looked. Heck, we've seen previously in this topic some where okay with the black hair so long as he still had his hair style (despite Jim Sterling saying they ruined him more).

But when it comes to other things, such as Cole having hair in Infamous 2, that's where I raise an eyebrow over trivial fan complaints. The series just got the green light for a sequel and they wanted to show time has past and so you're complaining about the character having hair? If this was the third game, then okay I wouldn't be able to hold that claim so easily.

And I'd rather not get into the whole trivia regarding Sonic's green eyes when Sonic 4 came out.

I never see change as bad in itself than it is how you go about the change in the first place, but obviously a lot of gamers tend to react with nerdrage when you so much as change any small feature regardless of whether you intend to keep other things the same. But explaining that would be a mess that I'd rather not get into.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just watched the videos on the last page and fuck you all, I'm liking the look of the game. Yeah, the dialogue is cheesy, but the game itself looks like over-the-top fun. 

Just noticed that Zavvi has all 3 pre-order bonuses with the PS3 version at £37.95. 
DmC: Devil May Cry (Pre-order Includes Gold/Bone Pack and Vergil's Downfall DLC) PS3
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dmc-devil-may-cry-pre-order-includes-gold/bone-pack-and-vergil-s-downfall-dlc/10600557.html

Xbox 360 version only has the Gold/Bone Pack listed for some reason.
DmC: Devil May Cry (Pre-order Gold and Bone Pack DLC) Xbox 360
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/dmc-devil-may-cry-pre-order-gold-and-bone-pack-dlc/10600556.html

EDIT:

ShopTo has all 3 pieces of DLC for both platforms.

PS3:

http://www.shopto.net/ps3/PS3DM01-devil-may-cry-including-bone-pack-golden-pack-vergils-downfall

Xbox 360:

http://www.shopto.net/xbox360/XB2DM01-devil-may-cry-including-bone-pack-golden-pack-vergils-downfall

Example

Nya?

I didn't know things were that bad. I did know a large group was pissed about how Capcom have been acting recently, and this is the first time I've learned one of the reasons why.

And that "The Event" fellow seems to know what he's talking about. Even a dunce like myself was able to follow and understand. lol

I find the prospect of developers catering towards the critics to be very distressing. I stopped giving a damn what they thought about anything, years ago. I still thing devs should listen to fans, but they are exceptions.

But when it comes to other things, such as Cole having hair in Infamous 2, that's where I raise an eyebrow over trivial fan complaints. The series just got the green light for a sequel and they wanted to show time has past and so you're complaining about the character having hair? If this was the third game, then okay I wouldn't be able to hold that claim so easily.

Like this for example. Really? Complaining about a little hair? Really?? Good grief...

I still don't understand the green eye bickering about Sonic. He still looks like Sonic, sheesh.

Anyway, I've lost my apatite for this topic. The total contempt toward what was once, loyal fans, is just too much for me. I probably wont be buying anything from Capcom or Ninja Theory ever again. Unless it's pre-owned and ridiculously cheap, I suppose...

Its the not the hair that makes it bad. Its the fact that the lead character is now a try hard frat boy and the story is about the news/advertising. I dont wanna play as a fucking frat boy and listen to his annoying one liners and i also dont give a shit about news/media storylines. The only thing going for this game is the graphics. Cant wait for bayonetta 2!

Just a warning, NSFW.

Ninja Theory, masters of tasteful sex scenes and storytelling, everyone!

... Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick. This isn't mature, this is immaturity at its worst.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 6

...Eugh. Why, just why? What purpose does that serve? Why couldn't Mundus just be doing something with his comically large piles of money or whatever?

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

Having played the demo and not had any fun with it whatsoever, I'm already well past the point where I could believe this game is worth any of my time, let alone my money.

... But that. Wow. I had no idea they'd stoop that low, and I've hated this game since its very inception. At the very least, I have to commend the game for being so comically bad that it exceeded expectations in that regard; quite a feat considering the circumstances surrounding its development.

Just a warning, NSFW.

*video*

... Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick. This isn't mature, this is immaturity at its worst.

I... I don't even...

done.gif

I quit.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just a warning, NSFW.

I was expecting a lot worse really. It's pretty silly but it's not the worst i've ever seen. I've never been a fan of sex scenes in films or games but I didn't vomit. Still gonna get this regardless of this very odd scene =P

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

UK online retailer Propel Gamer has an exclusive lenticular sleeve. Comes with the Gold and Bone packs, too.

PS3: £39.99

http://www.propelgamer.co.uk/Product-Detail.aspx?id=1506

Lenticular sleeve pic:

http://www.propelgamer.co.uk/resize.aspx?url=images/ps3sleeve.jpg&size=270

Xbox 360: £39.99

http://www.propelgamer.co.uk/Product-Detail.aspx?id=1507

Lenticular sleeve pic:

http://www.propelgamer.co.uk/resize.aspx?url=images/x360sleeve.jpg&size=270

Images won't embed because of the recent forum bugs.

Yes, Capcom thinks they can take your money by slapping paint on a clearly flawed game, extort the fans with DLC and get there desired 5 million sales and NT thinks they can substitute actual gameplay with useless tech such as the same CGI James Cameron used to make Avatar with and recording fart noises in the game

If you want to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coevhaCP324,

be my guest and spend your 60 bucks on it. And don't think that this will be fixed because it is way too close to the release date for the game to not be intended to have these problems and Tameem has already gone out on Twitter and said that these problems won't be fixed so this is the final product of the game that you are getting. A game that has been known to crash systems so people can't play anything at all and

I have no intentions of buying this for 60 bucks, maybe for 15 to give a try, but never 60.

I was just pointing out to the other dude that saying "I do not approve" won't do anything at this point.

Anyway, if I wanted to have a nice discussion about the game, this place wouldn't be the right place to do it, too much negativity, but probably you guys are right, I still need to play a "real" DMC game. Thank goddess I'm not interested in this one.

I'm a bit mixed in regards to whether developers should listen to their fans. I mean, I could understand the reactions that came with DmC's Dante because we went 4 games with a white haired Dante before getting him with black hair and a new haircut. Heck, even before the series came this far, fans criticized Dante for how he was in DMC2 on the way he acted than the way he looked. Heck, we've seen previously in this topic some where okay with the black hair so long as he still had his hair style (despite Jim Sterling saying they ruined him more).

And I'd rather not get into the whole trivia regarding Sonic's green eyes when Sonic 4 came out.

I never see change as bad in itself than it is how you go about the change in the first place, but obviously a lot of gamers tend to react with nerdrage when you so much as change any small feature regardless of whether you intend to keep other things the same. But explaining that would be a mess that I'd rather not get into.

I was disappointed when Cole got hair because at the time there were rumblings of an Infamous movie and I was hoping that there would be another movie in which Jason Statham absorbs electricity.  

I was disappointed when Cole got hair because at the time there were rumblings of an Infamous movie and I was hoping that there would be another movie in which Jason Statham absorbs electricity.  

You mean Crank 2?

sooo I saw this game on the PSN yesterday for 60 bucks...am I seeing things or is it real?

wait so is this why Capcom never listens to megaman fans on anything?

Just a warning, NSFW.

tumblr_melfmngawK1qjf2mz.gif

• Thumbs Up 8

Damn man, I can't stop playing the demo. I just fell in love with the combat mechanics (Gotta thank the Unreal Engine for that). I just kick so much ass. The fact that you can start a combo and instantly switch between weapons in the middle of it is pretty damn sick. It just gives you enough space to create your own combos (the angel link, or I think its called angel chain, one of those 2, helps alot as you can push yourself towards an enemy or push them towards you) I'll be honest I am kinda of combo geek so this game clearly satisfied me and cleared any doubts and skepticism I had about it. However I found it a bit easy even on the hardest difficultly. Good thing hell and hell is back though and some other bonus difficulty. Anyways I be picking it up first day. I understand that tons of people don't like change that the DMC universe went through---Blah, Blah, Blah same shit different day. But I am okay with it. Will be picking it up Day 1.