Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

*Video*

Awesome video showing some sick combos that you can't do in the demo. Man I am so ready for this!!!!!!

I NEED THIS GAME! Those combos look very satisfying like the Capcom guys in the video say. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I NEED THIS GAME! Those combos look very satisfying like the Capcom guys in the video say. 

Indeed, I have clocked alot of time playing the demo. Getting it day 1. I like the spiral move with the guns as you go downward to finish off your enemies. Looks sick as hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

I replayed the demo a couple of days ago and is it just me or do the guns literally not extend your combos? It feels like there's no point to them besides farming cheap scores. You're better off never using them considering how scripted things are.

• Thumbs Up 4

I replayed the demo a couple of days ago and is it just me or do the guns literally not extend your combos? It feels like there's no point to them besides farming cheap scores. You're better off never using them considering how scripted things are.

Actually you are supposed to use the guns to keep the combos going....it works for me. Thats odd.

Actually you are supposed to use the guns to keep the combos going....it works for me. Thats odd.

You don't have to do anything to keep the combo going. As long as you are not hit, the rank holds.

You don't have to do anything to keep the combo going. As long as you are not hit, the rank holds.

Really? To be honest I never noticed that. I guess I was too busy kicking ass to realize it.

Get an SSS rank and just run away from your enemies. It won't lower it and it won't count against you.  It will just hold it until all the enemies are dead.

Maybe there is something beyond SSS in the full game. Won't know that until I play it.

SSS is the highest rank established for the series as a whole, so I doubt that will be the case. But given this game...who knows?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Very, very unlikely, bordering on impossible. Considering you can get SSS ranks by spamming two combos/attacks (or in the case of Poison, just fucking one), I sincerely doubt any additional ranks would be any more difficult to attain anyway.

The style rank system in this game is a complete joke.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Not to mention that it is redundant as hell and won't at all change the cheapness of the style rank since all you have to do is parry and then counterattack a few more times.

The style system worked the same in DMC 1 due to lack of a large move set but, this game seems to have that so I don't know why the hell it doesn't require you to mix up what you do like in DMC 3 and 4.

Missed that part, DMC 1 required you to keep attacking at least, yeah. The combo would fade if you waited too long between attacks even then.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

I am seriously interested in seeing how some of you guys play this game. Because by what I just read; I must be playing the game real differently.

Thing is, we've been playing the previous titles: DMC1-4, and this one has it's differences from those games.

I still haven't played it yet, but others have, and they seem far from impressed.

Old DMC games required you to keep attacking and mixing up your abilities in order to achieve higher ranks like SSS. In those games, if you get hit, stop attacking, or keep using the same attack over and over, the rank stops building and goes back down to the lower ranks until you did something that made it go back up.

There were even statues that required this very element for you to break and receive what was inside of it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am seriously interested in seeing how some of you guys play this game. Because by what I just read; I must be playing the game real differently.

You can play it aggressively like the way it intends you to play or you can play it while taking no risks at all.

You'll get the same rank in the end.

That doesn't sound cheap at all.

And we are not trying to dissuade you from getting the game at all. If you like it, play it. We are just pointing out that the style rank is broken. I could go on about a lot of things that are just wrong about this game, but that would be pointless.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thing is, we've been playing the previous titles: DMC1-4, and this one has it's differences from those games.

I still haven't played it yet, but others have, and they seem far from impressed.

Old DMC games required you to keep attacking and mixing up your abilities in order to achieve higher ranks like SSS. In those games, if you get hit, stop attacking, or keep using the same attack over and over, the rank stops building and goes back down to the lower ranks until you did something that made it go back up.

There were even statues that required this very element for you to break and receive what was inside of it.

I mean I played every DMC, hell I even like DMC 2 (which I know tons of people hate) but this game seems no different to me in the style that its in. Infact It feels almost more satisfying when performing combos in this game than the others. I read that you can spam a certain moves and get to SSS real quick (and not only in this game I know you can do it in DMC 2 and I believe 3 as well). I swear I tried doing that yet each time I did it, it almost felt like it was taking damn near long to get there. So I switched moves and combined different ones the style was filling faster. I will admit that not having to keep attacking to stay or increase your rank was a dull move but I guess if I seriously want a challenge to that, playing a harder difficulty would be my best choice.

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 1

I will admit that not having to keep attacking to stay or increase your rank was a dull move but I guess if I seriously want a challenge to that, playing a harder difficulty would be my best choice.

Isn't one of the other major complaints for the demo about how piss easy the hardest difficulty is?

I don't think it's right for us to ruin the fun for those that may be looking forward to the game. Yet I don't think it would be fair if you didn't have all the facts either. It won't be hard to locate the relevant information if you haven't seem them yet.

I'd still suggest to rent it first if you really want to give the game a try. But I'm not the boss of anyone. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't one of the other major complaints for the demo about how piss easy the hardest difficulty is?

I don't think it's right for us to ruin the fun for those that may be looking forward to the game. Yet I don't think it would be fair if you didn't have all the facts either. It won't be hard to locate the relevant information if you haven't seem them yet.

I'd still suggest to rent it first if you really want to give the game a try. But I'm not the boss of anyone. wink.png

Thank you. And to be brutally honest, I already have the game per-ordered. I really like this game alot (as I have made it quite evident ^_^) I can definitely understand why some folks completely despise this game; (character design, emo dante, etc etc.) But hell me myself I am ok with it and not just because the gameplay is superb in my eyes. I dunno maybe I have lower standards than the average fan or gamer for that matter.

I heard that on the DLC for Vergil, he can use guns, or some form of a projectile weapon? Is that true? If so, then I find that quite interesting.

Edited by Urban Flow