Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayer’s Shadow

Man speaking of the OST, this battle theme kicks so much ass:

http://youtu.be/DRYCOjqcEBY

What a horribly bland metal theme.  Has nothing on the battle themes of DMC3 and DMC4.  Was bored after listening to it for the first time.  If that's the track you have to listen to every time you engage in a battle with enemies then fuck that. 

Part of me thinks this is going to be much like Sonic 4 Episode 1 in terms of reception.  It will get positive review scores because reviewers will forget to acknowledge the elements that truly made the previous games amazing, but the fan reception will be more negative because they will know. 

• Thumbs Up 6

CG Trailer

Pretty awesome trailer. Good looking CG and it seems there's a diffrent guy voicing Dante here.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

What a horribly bland metal theme.  Has nothing on the battle themes of DMC3 and DMC4.  Was bored after listening to it for the first time.  If that's the track you have to listen to every time you engage in a battle with enemies then fuck that. 

Part of me thinks this is going to be much like Sonic 4 Episode 1 in terms of reception.  It will get positive review scores because reviewers will forget to acknowledge the elements that truly made the previous games amazing, but the fan reception will be more negative because they will know. 

Hey man, each to his own. Sorry ya feel that way. Me personally I like it. As far as I know there are different battle themes, not just that one. I am not here to stop your hate-parade either, I just posted that because I thought it was a cool song and because the soundtrack was mentioned. Its clear that this game is not for everyone and I know that.

Edited by Urban Flow

If the demo is anything to go by, there is at least 3 random battle themes. Sure this one song sucks on it's own but it works when you are fighting. Well worked for me. Alone it's a very very weak metal song. Heck I can't even count this as metal. It's something.

Wow, now i absolutely no reasons to play this game: not even for the trophies.

Epic. An epic failure.

Edited by Teoskaven

Intro just screams "This is mature", and I didn't expect any diffrent from the tone of this reboot which i'm alright with.  The intro song is a little meh but whatever.

• Thumbs Up 2

...So yeah.

This is not Devil May Cry anymore.

Whatever it is, it looks awesome, and that's all that matters to me. I've not played the first 3 Devil May Cry's, but I used to have Devil May Cry 4 and played so far into it, but couldn't get into it. Played the demo for this and I enjoyed it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatever it is, it looks awesome, and that's all that matters to me. I've not played the first 3 Devil May Cry's, but I used to have Devil May Cry 4 and played so far into it, but couldn't get into it. Played the demo for this and I enjoyed it. 

That's good for you, but to the fans who played and loved all of those games, it is just a middle finger to them. This should have been a separate IP instead of Capcom trying to make money off of the Devil May Cry name. It has nothing in common with the previous series. It might as well be something else.

• Thumbs Up 7

That's good for you, but to the fans who played and loved all of those games, it is just a middle finger to them. This should have been a separate IP instead of Capcom trying to make money off of the Devil May Cry name. It has nothing in common with the previous series. It might as well be something else.

Oh, don't worry, I get that. I've kind of felt like that with the Sonic series ever since Unleashed. With this much of a change, then yeah, they probably should have made it a new IP or something. 

I like to think that with the whole Sonic stuff, the Fanbase literally went all up over Nothing, while with this here there is actually some valid reasoning for the Fanbase to complain

I mean we're talking Eye Colors Arguments vs Completeley different Character Debates, thats about as Apples 'n Oranges as it gets

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 3

Its like impossible to love both. I like the old DMC games and this new one..............why can't we get along dammit?? xD

• Thumbs Up 1

MODERN DMC FANS RULE! >:-U CLASSIC DMC FANS CAN GTFO!

Just kidding

:P

• Thumbs Up 4

I've only played DMC 3 and 4 recently and after watching this intro and all the trailers leading up to it, I have to say that american movie writers must have been involved in this game somehow cause every single bit of these look like some type of movie cliche that's been used in every R rated movie or something, im not saying the game is bad but now im just constantly facepalming at how over the top they decided to go with this.

I've only played DmC4 and this, I'm not complaining, I like the cheesyness and crude humour I'm getting from new Dante, I always crack a smile at his witty remarks and his over confidence about kicking everything that's in his way into dust.

I did feel uncomfortable watching the intro though, it seems very forced in your face like "YEAH, THIS IS A RUDE GAME, BECAUSE SEX AND BLOOD AND GORE AND SWEARING AND SHIT, CHECK OUT HOT ANGEL ON ANGEL ACTION" It's like, "yeah I got the fucking idea when I played the demo".

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of DMC4?  I started playing it recently and I'm really enjoying it, though admittedly I do find it quite difficult.  I only just beat Credo, but I really like how Nero feels, fights and controls.  The EX-ACT system adds quite a bit of depth to how Nero attacks and adds this nice element of timing.  Learning what cancels and moves to use in what situation is really key to doing well.  And landing those Devil Bringer attacks on the bosses is freaking awesome.  After having Credo kick my ass a good few times, it's wonderful to finish him off with a Devil Bringer attack and literally beat the living crap out of him while he's on his knees.  

Also, Nero is steadily growing on me.  I like his design, though I do wish his face looked a little more different to DMC3 Dante's.  At first I didn't care too much for his personality, and just felt he was an inferior, less badass verison of Dante but over time he has definitely grown on me.  He's got this nice balance of seriousness and sarcasm and he does display a fair bit of compassion too.  I do still prefer Dante though.

Bit of a discussion diversion, but still.  DMC is DMC, I don't think it's too unreasonable to discuss other franchise relevant things.

DMC4 is a great game, but it is not the greatest of the series. For one, it feels like they shoehorned Dante(you'll know what I' talking about later) and his gameplay style is not as fun to play as compared to Nero who it seems like the team put a bit more polish into his gameplay while Dante's devices are a little wonky. The game also does not allow the player to ease into it either and it assumes that you've played Devil May Cry before unlike DMC3 where it gives you an incentive to try new styles just so you can see what they are like. For example, you have to go above and beyond to try some of Nero's higher end moves such as when he got Yamato or everytime Dante gets a new toy. There is never an instance where the game forces the player to use new move or moves associated with it. It is too Japanese in it's design, and that I mean that it throws the player with a shit ton of devices and you hardly know what the hell they do. When I read complaints that it was boring, I automatically know what the problem was. The standard player is not going to want to excel in the game because it provides no incentive for it. You can if you bother to, and the reward is that you finish enemies quicker and you gain more style points but it is not enough for most western gamers to feel immersed or satisfied to nail the tricky mechanics sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 2

The combat for both characters feels great. Unfortunately Dante's inclusion in the story makes the whole game seem kind of an odd mess. You're forced to switch from Nero to Dante halfway through the game after spending most of the game getting used to Nero. Plus, Dante's missions are nothing but going through all of Nero's missions backwards. Had they separated the two characters a la DMC3SE's Vergil mode, it would have been fine, but there's far more padding in this game than there ever was in DMC1 or 3. Missions feel much longer than they need to be.

It's great that Dante plays (almost) exactly like how he does in DMC3, but considering up to that point, the game had been built around Nero's abilities and not Dante's, it feels almost unnecessary and out of place. Otherwise it's still great fun and is the absolute best DMC experience you can get on a PC.

Also, DMC4 Dante looks like Sean Bean.

I don't really have anything to say about that intro video that Carbo didn't already sum up with that .gif.

• Thumbs Up 4

DMC4 was pretty enjoyable even if it took me years to get back into it. The combat was really fun and Nero was an alright character. I did like his devil arm gimmick once I got used to it and pulled off some pretty sweet combos.The best part for me was also the part I didn't enjoy as much and that was playing as Dante. Plaing as him was great and his weapons kicked ass, but playing all the same levels in reverse order was a chore. It's a shame because I was looking forward to playing as Dante the most and while I like it, it's a bore at the same time. So for me DMC4 is a mixed bag. DMC3 is still my favorite in the series.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

This would have made like a nice spin-off game or something but, it's supposed to be an honest to god main entry Devil May Cry. That intro is just...I don't even know. The gameplay was decent but, everything else is so anti Devil May Cry that I'd have to continue to think of it as a different game in order to enjoy it.