Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

I just read the leak of the supposed ending. I hope it's true because, that is freakin' hilarious.

Time traveling Nephilim that travel through time using the tears of children. Vergil is a T-rex, and Sparda shows up for 10 minutes then dies.

Edited by King Of Awesome

It's not the actual ending.

The final boss is apparently Vergil. After beating Mundus it's one of those "now's our time" quarrels or something. The Mundus battle is apparently similar to Nefasturris from DMC2.

There's no Bloody Palace in the game by the way.

That is at least according to this.

Thank god for spoiler box because I would rage to hell at you guys because I actually look forward to this game.

Who honestly gives a shit if they do that, its not like reviews are the fact of god. Seriously. Reviews are basically one big ass opinion of a big ass magazine or gaming site. That's it. Pretty sure capcom is not the only one doing this shit, which in turn I am not justifying exactly either. They should let it go. Anything 7 or above is decent at best I suppose so they should not trip about it.

Because that shit is good for advertising, which would then give them an excuse to put the reviews in their advertisements to sell the game. Them having someone take down a review is a reminder of what was going on during the Kane and Lynch fiasco years ago, and that caused a major stir of controversy.

Because that shit is good for advertising, which would then give them an excuse to put the reviews in their advertisements to sell the game. Them having someone take down a review is a reminder of what was going on during the Kane and Lynch fiasco years ago, and that caused a major stir of controversy.

Right, I suppose its pretty much a publicity stunt, which is smart then stupid etc etc. Kane and Lynch was an alright game, could have been better. Have not played the second one though.

DMC4 is a great game, but it is not the greatest of the series. For one, it feels like they shoehorned Dante(you'll know what I' talking about later) and his gameplay style is not as fun to play as compared to Nero who it seems like the team put a bit more polish into his gameplay while Dante's devices are a little wonky. The game also does not allow the player to ease into it either and it assumes that you've played Devil May Cry before unlike DMC3 where it gives you an incentive to try new styles just so you can see what they are like. For example, you have to go above and beyond to try some of Nero's higher end moves such as when he got Yamato or everytime Dante gets a new toy. There is never an instance where the game forces the player to use new move or moves associated with it. It is too Japanese in it's design, and that I mean that it throws the player with a shit ton of devices and you hardly know what the hell they do. When I read complaints that it was boring, I automatically know what the problem was. The standard player is not going to want to excel in the game because it provides no incentive for it. You can if you bother to, and the reward is that you finish enemies quicker and you gain more style points but it is not enough for most western gamers to feel immersed or satisfied to nail the tricky mechanics sometimes.

The high end moves took too many red orbs to even unlock.  You can finish the game on normal and still not have enough to get fancy moves.  

Looks like the type of game I would buy then play until the end and never touch again.

It looks like a Modern Sonic game to you?

Bloody Palace Mode to be free DLC Post-Launch. This is rather interesting to say the least. Anyways its free so I can't complain. In the other DMC games this mode was already there. Anyways can't wait for this game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13807-DmC--Devil-May-Cry-Bloody-Palace-Mode-to-be-Free-Post-Launch-DLC.html

Looks like the type of game I would buy then play until the end and never touch again.

People actually play games after beating them? I never touched a game after beating it other than Pokémon Red and Persona 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Devil May Cry games were pretty much about that, they weren't particularly long but, they had tons of difficulty modes and unlockables.

I always hate the words "free post-launch DLC". I understand it's better than paying for it but chances are that publishers are mostly liable to not care about the time frame because of it and by the time it comes out I'd have already abandoned the game.

Bloody Palace was one of the few reasons to keep trucking with the DMC games even after you've completed them so I'm glad that returns. It probably won't be nearly as fun because of the combat not being so open-ended though. Nevertheless chances are I'll be able to get the mode with the game once it inevitably hits the bargain bin in a couple of months.

Launch trailer

I'll admit, not bad Capcom. This is a really good and different trailer and it'd certainly make me more interested in wanting to play it. It makes the game feel a lot like a different yet sincere take on the franchise. It's a shame I know the actual game won't nearly be as subtle.

• Thumbs Up 4

Almost makes it seem like the game will focus on Dante's development and maturity rather than a one note tough guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks like a Modern Sonic game to you?

Why does that only apply to Modern Sonic games? I do that with pretty much almost every game purchase even older games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Launch trailer

I'll admit, not bad Capcom. This is a really good and different trailer and it'd certainly make me more interested in wanting to play it. It makes the game feel a lot like a different yet sincere take on the franchise. It's a shame I know the actual game won't nearly be as subtle.

Best trailer for the game yet. That song is awesome!

Edited by BlueTidalGamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Launch trailer

Sweeeeeeeeeet! Kick ass song too. Man I am just dying to play already. Just one week left. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That trailer is epic! Love the song. Really can't wait for this game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does that only apply to Modern Sonic games?

It doesn't, and I never said it did. It's just the first thing that came to mind since the length and content of current Sonic games comes up so often here.

Here's the thing that confuses me. Why do they make that video, that feels like it actually belongs in a DMC game, and instead use that...thing...that we saw for the game's intro?

Here's the thing that confuses me. Why do they make that video, that feels like it actually belongs in a DMC game, and instead use that...thing...that we saw for the game's intro?

The trailer you just watched was very clearly aimed at japan, so it's been cut and edited, music included to appeal to that market. The reason the game's intro (which I admittedly, haven't even seen) being "different" is probably because whatever focus testing marketing department was in charge decided that would be more appealing for the westerners of the world. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The trailer you just watched was very clearly aimed at japan, so it's been cut and edited, music included to appeal to that market. The reason the game's intro (which I admittedly, haven't even seen) being "different" is probably because what ever focus testing marketing department was in charge decided that would be more appealing for the westerners of the world. 

Yeah this is something that really bugs me, not exactly for this game but for other mediums. Anime definitely being one.

Edited by Urban Flow

Game Informer gives this game a 9, despite complaining about the lack of lock-on, among other things.

Seriously? Good grief. This game doesn't even remotely deserve a 9.

I didn't think you would get the game and play it through after all of the hate you've shown for it. When can we expect your review?

• Thumbs Up 1