Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

DmC DLC: Vergil's Downfall slips to early March

New playable character, story and more launching in two weeks

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/392410/dmc-dlc-vergils-downfall-slips-to-early-march/

sad.png At the rate HMV is closing stores, the company will be gone before I get Vergil's Downfall for free. Not saying it's more important than people losing their jobs or anything, though.

I just heard about this. To my surpise I thought the delay was gonna be longer than just a week so i am ok with what the date is now. In level 53 of bloody palace. Man shit gets crazy around these levels. (It really sucks that people have to lose jobs over that closure)

Edited by Urban Flow

Just watched Vergil's downfall story cutscenes on YT (I have no idea how the guy got it so early).

What. a pile. of. crap! It was so out of character! No, not for that Vergil from DMC, but for Vorgil we saw in the reboot. His behavior is so stupid and illogical to what he was saying in the actual game and his actions and decisions felt so forced (even more so if we take into consideration that he's a very smart guy)! And the ending.. Like WTF?!

I really hoped that the story and ending of Virgil's downfall would fix that disappointing ending of the game but I have to say it's even worse as is the story of the DLC itself.

I cannot see how they could write so badly for this game. I honestly don't think this can be fixed by whatever sequel they make, cause I don't think it would be any better than the this. Hell, I don't really consider a DmC2 now seeing how the game pretty much flopped.

for those interested

Edited by ArtFenix

Vergil's Downfall is out on US PS Store and Xbox Live. No sign of a code from HMV yet, and they haven't answered my tweet from the other day asking if we're still getting it or not. I've just enquired on Facebook, too. I'd like to avoid spending 720 MS Points if I can.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vergil's Downfall is out on US PS Store and Xbox Live. No sign of a code from HMV yet, and they haven't answered my tweet from the other day asking if we're still getting it or not. I've just enquired on Facebook, too. I'd like to avoid spending 720 MS Points if I can.

I was kinda impatient so I actually dished out 10 bucks to get some Microsoft points for the Vergil DLC, I talked to someone who would give me 10 bucks for my gamestop code in exchange so yeah. I have not played it yet though , I am still downloading it, got some errands to run, but later tonight I will definitely get in my zone for dat vergil!

Edited by Urban Flow

No e-mail from HMV and no reply to my tweet or Facebook post, so I've tweeted Capcom to ask them about it. If I get no help there, then I'll just cave in and buy it. Knew HMV wouldn't uphold that part of the deal with their current situation. Was surprised I got the Bone and Gold DLC when they took their website down on the game's release.

Okay so turns out my errand run got cancelled. Played the first mission of the DLC, THIS SHIT IS SO FUCKING DOPE!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet! My HMV code for Vergil's Downfall still works. Downloading now.

They sent you a code for Vergil's Downfall? When did you get that? On PS3 or Xbox 360?

I haven't had anything since the Bone and Gold DLC e-mail which said: "The Virgil DLC content is yet to be released. As soon as this content is available you will receive an email with a code for the content."

They sent you a code for Vergil's Downfall? When did you get that? On PS3 or Xbox 360?

I haven't had anything since the Bone and Gold DLC e-mail which said: "The Virgil DLC content is yet to be released. As soon as this content is available you will receive an email with a code for the content."

I got my code in an email on the day my copy arrived. It was there along with the other DLC stuff. PS3 version.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

I got my code in an email on the day my copy arrived. It was there along with the other DLC stuff. PS3 version.

Aw, that sucks. I wish I had gotten the PS3 version instead of the Xbox 360 version now. They only gave me the codes for the Bone and Gold packs, with that message in my last post about the Vergil's Downfall DLC :(

Vergil's Acid Trip.

I can't tell if I suck now because I've been playing revengeance, or if I'm just having a lot of trouble playing with restricted moves but I really suck ass at Vergil's Downfall so far. I can't raise the combo meter at all :(

Vergil's Acid Trip.

I can't tell if I suck now because I've been playing revengeance, or if I'm just having a lot of trouble playing with restricted moves but I really suck ass at Vergil's Downfall so far. I can't raise the combo meter at all sad.png

I don't think you suck, because to be fair, since I was so use to playing Dante, I tried to play vergil they way I do with Dante, haha and it did not work out. Its just a matter of getting accustomed. Vergil's moves are definitely different than Dante's. His play style is also more strict; What I mean is that you really have to know what you are hitting and what you are gonna chain to next because you can fuck up if you do the wrong moves (something like that if you catch my drift.)

That is some absolutely horrid animation. Good lord.

I guess its a matter of personal style, I have no problem at all with it. Kinda like it to be honest.

I don't think you suck, because to be fair, since I was so use to playing Dante, I tried to play vergil they way I do with Dante, haha and it did not work out. Its just a matter of getting accustomed. Vergil's moves are definitely different than Dante's. His play style is also more strict; What I mean is that you really have to know what you are hitting and what you are gonna chain to next because you can fuck up if you do the wrong moves (something like that if you catch my drift.)

Yeah. I can see where you're coming from. There's definitely a lot of interesting cancels/chains you can use as vergil, but his shorter reach and more methodical play is really messing me up.

when I play as Dante I usually just go crazy and do whatever. Vergil looks like he needs a little more finesse.

Kind of wish he had a Bloody Palace mode too. That'd be fun. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess its a matter of personal style, I have no problem at all with it. Kinda like it to be honest.

Oh, I actually quite liked it at a glance - I really dig stylistic stuff like that. Then I saw the way the faces were drawn and the really stiff animation and that really put me off.

Yeah. I can see where you're coming from. There's definitely a lot of interesting cancels/chains you can use as vergil, but his shorter reach and more methodical play is really messing me up.

when I play as Dante I usually just go crazy and do whatever. Vergil looks like he needs a little more finesse.

Kind of wish he had a Bloody Palace mode too. That'd be fun. 

Yeah it would have been nice if he was in Bloody Palace. I like the play style he has. It has more of a strategic element than Dante's (Barbaric, but definitely flipping awesome style) ya know.

Oh, I actually quite liked it at a glance - I really dig stylistic stuff like that. Then I saw the way the faces were drawn and the really stiff animation and that really put me off.

Oh alright I know what you are talking about. Gotcha.

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't look like I'm going to get anywhere with my quest for my free Vergil's Downfall DLC. :-/ Capcom has responded, but said I'll have to contact HMV. Tried contacting HMV through Facebook and Twitter, but they haven't responded. Their website's down and what's there doesn't list any contact details. 

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=333211996800094&id=228858053902156

Doesn't look like I'm going to get anywhere with my quest for my free Vergil's Downfall DLC. :-/ Capcom has responded, but said I'll have to contact HMV. Tried contacting HMV through Facebook and Twitter, but they haven't responded. Their website's down and what's there doesn't list any contact details. 

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=333211996800094&id=228858053902156

Guess you might have to buy it. Like I said, I caved in since I was not gonna put up with bullshit.

Guess you might have to buy it. Like I said, I caved in since I was not gonna put up with bullshit.

I dug around and found an e-mail for HMV and its administrators and sent them an e-mail. If I don't get a response, then I'll give up and cave in. I've got Tomb Raider and other games to keep me busy in the meantime. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I dug around and found an e-mail for HMV and its administrators and sent them an e-mail. If I don't get a response, then I'll give up and cave in. I've got Tomb Raider and other games to keep me busy in the meantime. 

Any luck?

Just got this e-mail response from HMV's administrators Deloitte:

Dear Sir / Madam,

HMV UK Limited (In Administration) (the “Company")

Thank you for your email.

I regret to inform you that following the Company entering administration it is no longer able to provide a code for Vergil’s Downfall downloadable content.

Should you have any further questions please call 0207 3030 700.

Yours faithfully

For and on behalf of the Company

A M Sturge

For R J Harding

Joint Administrator

Looks like I'm going to have to buy it. I've let the Capcom Facebook rep who's been helping me know, as they requested, but I doubt they'll be able to give me a code. I'll wait to see what they say, then if I still don't get it, I'll buy it.

Just got this e-mail response from HMV's administrators Deloitte:Looks like I'm going to have to buy it. I've let the Capcom Facebook rep who's been helping me know, as they requested, but I doubt they'll be able to give me a code. I'll wait to see what they say, then if I still don't get it, I'll buy it.

Yeah seems buying it might be your only true option.

Yeah seems buying it might be your only true option.

The Capcom UK Facebook rep responded to my post with the e-mail and someone else who is having the problem:

well that turbo sucks, was told that wasnt going to happen. im back in the office monday lets see what happens then.

If they were told this wasn't going to be the case despite the administration, then hopefully Capcom UK will be able to help me and others affected after all. Must say that the Capcom UK rep has handled this very well :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Capcom UK Facebook rep responded to my post with the e-mail and someone else who is having the problem:

If they were told this wasn't going to be the case despite the administration, then hopefully Capcom UK will be able to help me and others affected after all. Must say that the Capcom UK rep has handled this very well smile.png 

Well damn I hope you do get your code!

• Thumbs Up 1