Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

I really don't see what is so bad about the game. I mean gameplay wise it looks fantastic. Now as for how Dante himself looks....no redemption.

Edited by Balding Spider

I really don't see what is so bad about the game. I mean gameplay wise it looks fantastic.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

The gameplay just looks so... I don't know mediocre. I mean he's got weapons and all sure but the combat seem rather "eh". Perhaps the awesomness that is Bayonetta has spoiled me on Hack & Slash games.

It is not just that either. DMC4 was great for hack and slash and this game just seems sub par to it. It plays like Heavenly Sword. Looks like Heavenly Sword. Hell, Dante's scythe combos look exactly the same as Nariko's speed combos. It just isn't right.

Good God. I haven't even played DMC game, and this pisses me off.

Why do I get the feeling that this demon angel shit is gonna play out like Twilight.

Man, doesn't the new Dante take some resemblance of Donnie Darko or am I harping on this game too hard?

Not to say that Donnie Darko was bad...it was a good movie.

So Megaman Legends 3 got canned because not enough people cared...

And this shit is still happening? You kidding me, Crapcom?

• Thumbs Up 4

It is not just that either. DMC4 was great for hack and slash and this game just seems sub par to it. It plays like Heavenly Sword. Looks like Heavenly Sword. Hell, Dante's scythe combos look exactly the same as Nariko's speed combos. It just isn't right.

Never played Heavenly Sword so I'll have to look into that. However I'll agree that DMC4's combat looks better by comparison, and I thought DMC4 was a straight up bore.

Never played Heavenly Sword so I'll have to look into that. However I'll agree that DMC4's combat looks better by comparison, and I thought DMC4 was a straight up bore.

Maaaaayyyyyyyyyyneeeee, DMC4 was the best in the whole series. This new one looks even better. Makes old Dante look like utter shit, get with the times people, morality systems are all the rage these days. :D:P

Edited by Silencer226

How does this look better than DMC 4, what the fuck game are you looking at? This shit looks slow and clunky.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, look at it mayne, it got all that shit in it mayne. Look, mayne, the new DmC just does so much more shit than the previous one mayne. Get with the times mayne, gamers be on that clunky generic shit now mayne, get with the times mayne.

please don't take any of my posts in this thread seriously

Angry Birds owns the old DMC series mayne.

Edited by Silencer226

Oh no, I could when I went back and considered it. Though I wonder who he's being a parody of, because I don't know if anyone would like this game save for Ninja Theory. laugh.gif

Edit: By the way, that box art? It might be fake but that art is real, it's promotional art for Gamescom.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

The comments are that article are appalling. Sonic Team does something right with Colors and everyone refuses to think a logical thought and continue harping on with the whole "Sonic Cycle" bullshit. Capcom does something really fucking stupid and everyone insults the fanbase for being "unwilling to accept change" and "overly defensive".

For Christ's sake, even YouTube is better than this.

The comments are that article are appalling. Sonic Team does something right with Colors and everyone refuses to think a logical thought and continue harping on with the whole "Sonic Cycle" bullshit. Capcom does something really fucking stupid and everyone insults the fanbase for being "unwilling to accept change" and "overly defensive".

For Christ's sake, even YouTube is better than this.

What pissed me off was the claim that DMC was a stagnant franchise which is a ridiculous assertion since DMC4 was a good game and did sell well. I love how they act like Enslaved was a masterpiece when it was just a mediocre as this looks. Cinematics be damned.

• Thumbs Up 1

What pissed me off was the claim that DMC was a stagnant franchise which is a ridiculous assertion since DMC4 was a good game and did sell well. I love how they act like Enslaved was a masterpiece when it was just a mediocre as this looks. Cinematics be damned.

That shit is stagnant mayne, we need new shit mayne.

lol please forgive me for this shit lol. Everyone is so damn serious in this thread lol.

Edited by Silencer226

MORE INFO AND NEWS THAT MAKES ME WANT TO RAGE.

My reactions in bold.

• There is little to no humour in the game. That part in the first trailer where Dante burns a monster with his cigarette is apparently pretty much the only example of what the devs thought was "funny". ALL OF MY HATE.

• The new Devil Trigger (with the "old Dante" look) is never explained in-game and was put in to try and appease the fans. Figures.

• The next actual DMC game was supposed to be a prequel about Sparda. It would detail the origins of Yamato, his battle with Mundus, and how he met Eva, but the project was canned before it ever got off the ground. There are no words to describe my anger right now.

• Pre order bonuses and day 1 DLC were "discussed" Meh.

• A lot of staff quit the project ROFL.

• There's a new series planned if this one is successful, so we'll probably not be seeing the old Dante again OH FUCK NO

• Tameem's entire job consists of researching "underground and cool" things. ITT: His job is to troll. Unlike Ono, however, he's the kind of troll that you want to condemn to the fiery pits of Hell. All nine circles of Hell.

• The combat system is going to be based on Heavenly Sword's ALL. OF. MY. HATE. This is gonna be a God of War clone, which is the only game Ninja Theory really knows how to make. Not Devil May Cry. Ugh.

•There's a new series planned if this one is successful, so we'll probably not be seeing the old Dante again

• Thumbs Up 1

Game looks fine to me. I also think his new design ain't too bad, and I like the looks of the combat.

But then again I've never really played a DMC game before soo...

*Reads Daimon's post*

Uh and all the respect I had for Capcom went down the drain this year. You not only can what seemed like a fantastic idea, you give Dante a terrible new look, make a game that really has no use in the series since it does not explain anything and then to top that you add DT just for the fans. Thanks Daimon for helping decide to NOT buy this GOW clone and use my money on a different rated M game next year.

GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR! IT INNOVATED BEYOND IT'S PREDECESSORS INTO SOMETHING UNIMAGINABLE! GOOD JOB NINJA THEORY...

Are these faggots going to stop bullshitting and make Heavenly Sword 2... hopefully a better one than the first.... FAGGOTS!

Edited by Silencer226