Awoo.

Sonic Colors UPDATE JAPAN SITE!

Woun

Here are the character profiles. Sonic and Tails's profiles are basically copied and pasted from Sonic Channel, so I'm not going to bother with them.

Yacker

Alien called White Wisp.

He has been saved by Sonic when he was chased by Eggman's robots.

He's different from the other White Wisps,

because one long hair-like thing grows on his head.

Dr. Eggman

Self-proclaimed evil genius scientist, selfish and self-centered.

He seems to have build a space amusement park "Egg Planet Park"

as a present to everyone he has bothered so far,

but really, the truth...?

Orbot

Eggman's assistant robot. With Cubot,

he has been built to handle Eggman's chores.

He obeys faithfully Eggman's orders,

but in fact, he doesn't like Eggman that much.

Cubot

Eggman's assistant robot. He likes Eggman,

but basically he's a lazy person who doesn't act until he's scolded.

By switching his internal chip,

he can become cast of various attractions.

Also holy shit someone get to ripping that music off the site. That tune gave me classic vibes for whatever reason.

That music has been there for a while now, I'm pretty sure someone already ripped it in the sound thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Core! :)

So, does that mean Cubot can transform into theme park attractions by changing his chip? :o

Cubot seems a little small to transform into a hundred foot tall coaster of doom, perhaps he changes into various attraction runners. I'd love to see him break out into "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts!"

And I'm loving these Wisp images! Thanks, everyone who grabbed/translated stuff! :3

On the animated level map does anyone notice there is an added flashing rainbow star near the lower right corner? That has not been on previous level maps but it looks important... Final Boss area? Secret level?

On the animated level map does anyone notice there is an added flashing rainbow star near the lower right corner? That has not been on previous level maps but it looks important... Final Boss area? Secret level?

Yes there's some weird phenomenon going on there.

It's probably where this games netherworld beast final boss is. Heh, please Sega no. :(

Edited by Balding Spider

It's probably where this games netherworld beast final boss is. Heh, please Sega no. :(

To early to say, it also could be where Eggman's final contraption is, like the areas in Rush and Rush Adventure's stage maps where you fought the final Eggman mech.

It's too disclosed but a point of interest.

Hm, many of these screens have an "eye" theme in them. I wonder if the repeated design choice has something to do with the DS story. Robots with one eye?

image81q.png

The structures in this image seem to have eyes. The Sweet Mountain boss has one eye, along with the robot on the Planet Wisp map and the mining machines.

Edited by Dabnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've just noticed that other hot dog munching robot doesn't have a boss health meter and the normal HUD stuff is still there, so I wonder if this is just an obstacle in the stage?

Urgently translate the name "じゅん びちゅう" Because it is a new level, and something else, I might be able to remove it as Planet Wisp, just do not put it through, google is not the correct translation.

ds_sweet_mountain3.gif

Look at Sonic happily jumping at that giant chilli dog ignoring the even bigger and menacing robot behind, with it's jaws already opened, ready to dispose of that annoying rodent...

It is the perfect trap!

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2

This shiny star or light on the right of the amp gives me the impression of a secret stage ala Kirby Super Star on the SNES.

Also, after posting this video...

The game map looks like it was based on the Milky Way wishes Story of the Kirby Super Star game, no?

The thing I thought was an antenna is the orbital elevator :-/... Wonder what you can do there..

The star seems to be important, it wasn't in old builds..

I've just noticed that other hot dog munching robot doesn't have a boss health meter and the normal HUD stuff is still there, so I wonder if this is just an obstacle in the stage?

Probably. Bosses in Rush were always in 3D.

Edited by MarcelloF

it could be a mini-boss like unleashed wii. after all Dimps did Create the day time of unleashed wii including the mechanics

haven't any 1 noticed that unleashed Wii had a Rolling While Sonic Colors has a Rolling/Spindash While boosting through dash panels? and the wall jump and the homing attack and the stomp? those mechanics were added to colors DS.

so my guess colors DS is inspired by unleashed wii, its like unleashed wii but 2d but Rush Speed with color powers.

So that could mean those are mini-bosses

in colors ds since it has no huds

and is very looking inspired by unleashed wii day time (after all dimps did the day time levels) but Rush Faster.

Everybody wondering about the Hot Dog Boss...

It's the Wii version's boss of the stage.

Remember in the Nintendo Power interview(or at least somewhere) they stated that bosses from one version of the game will make a cameo in the background of the other version of the game.

61014309.gif

WTF?! Why will different? Оо

Good eye :o

I guess one screen must be from an older build and they must have changed it for the later build. I prefer the one on the right myself.

EDIT:

Judging by the TGS footage, it's the one on the right that they're using now :D