Awoo.

sonic's 20th Anniversary

BlueBlur360

Well in 3 months it will be 2011 which will mark sonic's 20th anniversary. I'm really excited for it but there's a 50/50 chance for it to be amazing like SA2 or horrible like 06. Hopefully SEGA will bring us a masterpiece but until then I have no idea what it will be so what my prediction will be either sonic 4 episode 2 or SA3.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not really 3 months more like 9 months away (Sept 2010 right now till June 2011) till Sonic 20th anniversary begins. I doubt Sega will bring us a buggy,crap story & pointless character what don't do too much to enhance the gameplay and story for the main 20th game maybe it will be just as great as Sonic Colours will be just get Colours development team to work on that then everything will be awesome :) XD.

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not really 3 months more like 9 months away (Sept 2010 right now till June 2011) to Sonic 20th anniversary begins. I doubt Sega will bring us a buggy,crap story & pointless character what don't do too much to enhance the gameplay and story for the main 20th game maybe it will be just as great as Sonic Colours will be just get Colours development team to work on that then everything will be awesome :) XD.

if sa3 is coming I think that it is great and sonic the hedgehog 4 episode 2 would be even better

:D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

well first of all if you say lockbait; actually read this statement!!!!!! first of all if there is a sequel to sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles ANYING IS POSSIBLE. I know they cant get the old voice actors back but they did leave us off with a cliffhanger so it may be possible you never know please leave YOUR OPINION!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Yeah, and maybe a flock of pigeons will burst out of my navel and sing showtunes.

It's not going to happen, man. SatAM is dead, s'been dead, for years and years. It's not even a corpse now; it's rotted away to a pile of bare, sun-bleached bones. Stop digging it up and dragging it around; it's embarrassing.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1

SatAM Season 3 just won't happen. Not necessarily because it's a bad idea or SEGA wouldn't approve it, it's just not the kind of show that would fit in with modern children's television. It's had its time.

Besides, I'm sure there's a lot of better things they could do for Sonic's 20th anniversary than bring back SatAM. As much as I enjoyed watching it, I like the Sonic videogame universe much much more.

• Thumbs Up 1

We operate on a one-topic-per-subject thingy, so I have merged the two identical topics into one.

When making new topics, do check if an already-existing topic about the subject exists. Feel free to use the forum's search engine for this very cause, although at least checking the last ten topics or so on the page could be a good idea. ;3

That's all for now - Do carry on. (Sonic's 20th anniversary, eh? Exciting, yush!)

• Thumbs Up 1

SatAM season 3 can't happen. Ben Hurst was very important to the production of that show and he is dead now so I doubt that even if it somehow did happen, it would be any good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that and that SATAM Season 3 was his brainchild, one could argue that it'd seem a bit wrong to take over that.

But also better cancel it in it's prime than to stick around long enough to lose quality.

For Sonic's 20th, I have no clue what they'll do. They could have saved Sonic Colors for next year and it probably would have easily sated us, but... now I'm not sure. I'm guessing it'll be an HD title, maybe on the Wii as well. But what I'd personally like to see is a home-console Sonic game co-developed by Sonic Team and an outside developer (that's not Dimps), similar to what Nintendo did with Metroid Other M. It'd be a way to have a fresh take on the franchise that could truly be special for Sonic's anniversary, and would allow for something truly unique. Plus, it would give Sonic Team a much-needed break (remember that rumor circulating about how they were overworked and put little to no effort into the games?)

That's just my wish though, we'll see what happens though. Hopefully after Colors, it just keeps getting better though :D

Edited by EXshad

I really like SatAM, but I thought Hurst's ideas for season 3 were terrible (or at the very least unappealing), not gonna lie. Except for the part where Tails becomes an important character and actually is Sonic's best friend, seriously.

if sa3 is coming I think that it is great and sonic the hedgehog 4 episode 2 would be even better

There was already a Sonic Adventure 3...except it was called Sonic the Hedgehog and it wasn't very popular.

I have no idea. Colours looks great, which worries me. It comes out soon and I'm wondering if SEGA will have had the time to make another good game. Sonic Adventure was a good game and was released in 1998. Then came Sonic Shuffle. Afterward we got Sonic Adventure 2. I just hope SEGA doesn't make a bad game for the anniversary like with 2006.

So long as we don't get another Sonic '06, I don't care what SEGA does for the Blue Blur's 20th.

Now his 21'st on the other hand, that's a completely different story

• Thumbs Up 2

That would suck. I don't want to wait 9 months for 1 episode :-/.. I'd rather have a game called Sonic Adventure 3 with SA's gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really don't think they're ever going back to SA style again. Sure you could argue that we thought they would never do Sonic 4, but the difference is that the classics are still highly praised while many agree that the SA formula hasn't aged well at all. Plus there's the fact that Sonic Colors is a 3D Sonic game and IS getting praised, so why go back? It just doesn't make sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well if the rumours are true, we have Crush 40 for the celebration so at least it will have a good soundtrack. I've heard they are secretly working on it, so we'll have to see. I feel it'll be a Colours like game myself. It may change if Colours is panned (hope not, it looks decent)

Well if the rumours are true, we have Crush 40 for the celebration so at least it will have a good soundtrack. I've heard they are secretly working on it, so we'll have to see. I feel it'll be a Colours like game myself. It may change if Colours is panned (hope not, it looks decent)

If it's a SC like game and it's coming out for Sonic's anniversary then it's not going to change whether SC is panned or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

For Sonic's 20th I hope it a big celebration for 20 year's of Sonic.

For the 20th game...just make it so i have the option to play as other characters other then Sonic and I'll be happy.

i think their also going to release Sonic adventure 2 for 360/PS3 around that time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic's 20th is so close yet so far away *sigh*. I remember when he was just a wee little thing........

As long as SEGA doesn't make another Sonic '06, I'm pretty flexible. ^_^

I'll give you a SatAM season 3. It's called the comic books.

In any case, I don't see anthying too great coming out for the 20th. There just doesn't seem to be time to make anything, after all, there are two games being worked on right now.

I'd really like it if there were a Sonic 4 styled game on retail, but it wasn't Sonic 4, and it had all the popular modern characters playable, but they all played exactly like Sonic with little tweaks or other abilities like classic Knuckles, Tails, or maybe something still similar, but a departure, like Amy in Sonic Advance.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for this "big game" whispered about.

Of course, Summer of Sonic 2011 will be gigantic and a worthy way of celebrating Sonic's twenty years, but as far as releases go, I'm kinda crushed at the moment. I'm praying this "big game" will be for all the modern consoles, and that the PlayStation3 doesn't get a rushed, bum deal as usual. Because this year, all the new Sonic stuff is either DLC fan service (nice for an afternoon, but hardly worth writing home about) or limited to one console and/or novelty technology (okay, so I can play Sonic Colours on my Nintendo DS, but I've got both the Sonic Rush games already). I mean, how hard would it be, slapping a controller input on Sonic Free Riders and porting it to the PlayStation3... really?

There's two worlds out there for Sonic. There's the games, and there's the fandom. The fandom is taken care of (thank you, Summer of Sonic).

And the games are an unknown right now.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for this "big game" whispered about.

Of course, Summer of Sonic 2011 will be gigantic and a worthy way of celebrating Sonic's twenty years, but as far as releases go, I'm kinda crushed at the moment. I'm praying this "big game" will be for all the modern consoles, and that the PlayStation3 doesn't get a rushed, bum deal as usual. Because this year, all the new Sonic stuff is either DLC fan service (nice for an afternoon, but hardly worth writing home about) or limited to one console and/or novelty technology (okay, so I can play Sonic Colours on my Nintendo DS, but I've got both the Sonic Rush games already). I mean, how hard would it be, slapping a controller input on Sonic Free Riders and porting it to the PlayStation3... really?

There's two worlds out there for Sonic. There's the games, and there's the fandom. The fandom is taken care of (thank you, Summer of Sonic).

And the games are an unknown right now.

Or putting controller input in the 360 version. I really want the game, but Kinect is expensive D:

If the game was, indeed, confirmed to be Sonic Adventure 3, then I would be absolutely ecstatic; all it needs is a more serious, less juvenile, Final Fantasy-esque plotline, a total engine re-write and an approach to gameplay which is at least in the same vein of Sonic Adventure 2's incredibly well-balanced and perfectly formed style, and I'll be a very, very happy individual indeed.

Of course, most of the fandom would loathe, abhor, and downright hate it, but I really couldn't care less about that; bitching, whining morons like the vast majority of the series' followers and so-called "fans" have perfectly good websites and forums like The Sonic Stadium and Sonic Retro, which are entirely safe and wholly suitable environments for them to be free to piss and shit on each other's dreams, personal opinions, hopes and beliefs - something which, I'm sure, they enjoy far, far more than the games that they claim to love and worship.

There's something for everyone, I guess...

Edited by eXtaticus
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2