Awoo.

New Nintendo Power Preview

PC the Hedgehog

Preview pages for the new issue of Nintendo Power are up. There's a short preview article about Colors. New tidbits include:

-Purple wisps turn you into a "berserker that chomps through anything in it's path."

-Asteroid Coaster Zone. Run on a Saturn-like planet's rings, deal with reversed gravity and toxic green goo.

-Wii version has six acts per zone and one boss, DS version has more traditional two acts and one boss.

-"Cringe-inducing jokes." Obviously that's just the writer's opinion, which clearly many disagree with.

Check it.

Edited by PC the Hedgehog

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing Asteroid Coaster. Getting more and more excited every day. :D

Also, looks like the co-op consists of two different experiences from what I understood.

Edited by KS8_Wiiloveit

This game sounds packed with content. At this point, I'm upset that Iizuka's comment about there being 20 hours of gameplay was a gross underexaggeration.

And 2 more levels left to reveal... I almost know that the last one's gonna be some sort of Eggman factory under the park, or something. That'd be awesome.

... So now we know all planets, right? :-/ At least there are no pics.

Also the Hermit Crab Badnik seems to be following you through a lot of the level. That's cool.

And, lol at the floating spring in TRZ on the DS.

Edited by MarcelloF

So that Eggman ship is just something that lets you play all the levels in order, like a classic mode I guess.

Edit: So wait, is the bottom right stage is asteroid coaster? It doesn't appear to have any Saturn like rings.

Edited by speedfreak

I thought that Eggman faced whip would be the final boss area, but it's a different gameplay mode :lol: I think it's safe to say that anything that isn't chained up is another game mode, so I wonder what the satelite will be.

So that Eggman ship is just something that lets you play all the levels in order, like a classic mode I guess.

Edit: So wait, is the bottom right stage is asteroid coaster? It doesn't appear to have any Saturn like rings.

Bottom right Wii is Aquarium Park and DS is Planet Wisp.

Edit. OH. I misunderstood your question. I thought you meant from pics in the NP preview xP To answer your actual question, I think so. It says something about toxic green goo.

Edited by MarcelloF

This game sounds packed with content. At this point, I'm upset that Iizuka's comment about there being 20 hours of gameplay was a gross underexaggeration.

iizuka knows better, he is the game producer. so unless you played the game, you can't just bash him for saying its 20 hours long :)

Bottom right Wii is Aquarium Park and DS is Planet Wisp.

ColoursMap.png

Isn't Aquarium Park the one right under Co-op world? Asteroid Coaster must be the horror looking level at the bottom right because we've seen all the others. Unless Asteroid Coaster is the secret final area or something because like I said, I don't see any Saturn like rings on the horror looking level. Then again it does literally look like a roller coaster of asteroids.

Edited by speedfreak

ColoursMap.png

Isn't Aquarium Park the one right under Co-op world? Asteroid Coaster must be the horror looking level at the bottom right because we've seen all the others. Unless Asteroid Coaster is the secret final area or something because like I said, I don't see any Saturn like rings on the horror looking level. Then again it does literally look like a roller coaster of asteroids.

I misunderstood your question. I edited my post at like the same time you posted this xP I thought you meant the pics in the preivew.

I think ACZ is the bottom right one. The preview says something about green ooze and you see green stuff on the planet..

Of course! It's not an Onix it's asteroids. Duhhh. I'm glad to hear the gravity play is back. I love those levels. And an acid geyser, huh?

Loving the new shot of the Yadorin thing. Maybe an SA1 Amy-style level with a chase down going on?

It's awesome to see more positive feedback on the game. But I love what I've heard of the quotes so far. Maybe Cubot is just really corny.

I misunderstood your question. I edited my post at like the same time you posted this xP I thought you meant the pics in the preivew.

I think ACZ is the bottom right one. The preview says something about green ooze and you see green stuff on the planet..

Good point. Add that to the planet actually looking like a coaster made of asteroids and we have our final level. Well actually I'm hoping for just one more secret final zone.

I still wonder what that multi-coloured flashing star is on the updated map we saw recently.

I'd guess it's the final boss area, but I was hoping for another level too.

Also isn't it strange that we've still not seen anything on special stages or Chaos Emeralds for the Wii version? I'm starting to worry that there won't be any in the Wii version. I wonder if Dreadknux could comment on that.

I'd guess it's the final boss area, but I was hoping for another level too.

Also isn't it strange that we've still not seen anything on special stages or Chaos Emeralds for the Wii version? I'm starting to worry that there won't be any in the Wii version. I wonder if Dreadknux could comment on that.

Id love to hear more on that too, no mention of the Emeralds on the Wii ver.

It is very odd that we've heard nothing about Emeralds for the Wii version, but Nintendo Power do say that both versions follow the same story, with only gameplay being a difference, so I assume that would include Emeralds.

I'm guessing the flashing rainbow star is the final area. It could be just a final boss, but that's as likely also as it being a final stage with the final boss, ala' Sonic Unleashed which had the final boss attached to the final stage but the final stage still had missions.

Though 2-player race mode sounds fun and I still wonder if that satellite is a stage or the options menu. Most guess options menu but it could just as well be a metal stage of Eggman's.

Though it kind of makes sense for the Eggman Ship to be the race mode since it circles all the different stages.

Wasn't it dropped by Iizuka that the DS and Wii versions will follow parallel stories, meaning not the same thing? I remember him saying that.

Edited by Dabnikz

I'm thinking the special stages might have been added to the DS version to add to the length of the game. The Wii version has six acts per zone while the DS version only has two. They might both follow the same basic story, but hypothetically speaking collecting the Chaos Emeralds on the DS version could unlock the final area while doing something completely different in the Wii version could unlock the final area.

Though it is hard to imagine a main series game ending without a Super Sonic fight. You just figure we would have heard something about special stages or Chaos Emeralds for the Wii version by this point. The game comes out in less then two months and every stage has pretty much been revealed. I'm thinking the Wii version might have the Chaos Emeralds but special stages are looking unlikely IMO. :/ Someone ask Dreadknux he can say oe even knows anything.

Edited by speedfreak

I thought it was said there would be special stages in the Wii version? I think it was said in an interview.

Nope, nothing's been said or shown regarding special stages being in the Wii version.

However they have confirmed the Wii version has Chaos Emeralds in it. Just right now what purpose or role they play is one of the great mysteries.