Awoo.

TSS: TSS 10th: Guess Who We’re Interviewing On Monday?

Dreadknux

Welcome to October. On the 24th of this month, this humble website will be ten years old. And what better way to celebrate that special anniversary than having the once-in-a-lifetime chance to sit down and chat to one of the men that made Sonic the Hedgehog – and in effect, this website – a reality.

Let me do my best Rolf Harris impression: “Can you guess who it is yet?”

Yuji_Naka_Sega_of_Japan.jpg

That’s right. None other than Yuji Naka, one of the most inspirational developers to come out of Japan. During his time at Sonic Team, he was constantly referred to as Sega’s version of Nintendo’s own Shigeru Miyamoto. Alongside creating the physics and backbone of the Sonic the Hedgehog gameplay, Naka-san is also the mastermind behind NiGHTS Into Dreams, Burning Rangers, Phantasy Star Online and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.

He is London right now, promoting the UK release of his latest work, Ivy The Kiwi? On Monday, I will be sitting right next to him to chat about the game, and all things Sonic besides (talk about dream come true).

If you have a burning question that you’ve always wanted to ask Naka-san – about Sonic, his work at Prope, Ivy The Kiwi?, anything – here’s your chance! Post your questions in the comments box below and I’ll have a look through them and pick out some of the best ones for the ultimate Sonic Stadium interview. You guys have until Sunday night – have a think about some really unique and interesting questions!

Of course, I’ve got more planned for TSS’ 10th Anniversary, but this pretty much cranks the proceedings up from ‘exciting’ to ‘freaking awesome!’ Stay tuned for more excellent celebrations this month – October 2010 is all about The Sonic Stadium!

View the full article

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dreadknux

• RedYellowBlueCR

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask him this. "When Naoto Oshima brought you the concept of Sonic the Hedgehog, what were your initial reactions to it? Did you think it was going to be a failure? Did you think that it would do well? What was your reaction when you seen how well the franchise had taken off?"