Awoo.

Upcoming games you're looking forward to.

Speederino

Alright, being that we've all said our share about Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors on this board (And Free Riders, I guess), I think it's time to talk about other upcoming games that we want. As for me...dammit my wallet's too light. XO Also, since not all of us can get our games the instant they come out, you can talk already released games that you want but don't have, but let's limit that to releases from within the last several months.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: I'm one of the people who actually loved the first Assassin's Creed despite the repetition, so I was sold as soon as the game was merely announced, even though it just sounded like an expansion pack at the time. Though now I see that's not the case. Recruiting and training people to be Assassins? Cannons? A revamped battle system? Riding horses within the city? This actually is a sequel, though it isn't as big of a leap as Assassins Creed 2 was over the first game. And to top it off, multiplayer looks fantastic. Only problem is that this comes out on the same day as Sonic Colors, and I only have the budget for one game. I love you AC, but I'm willing to wait for Christmas.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: I'm actually pretty late to this franchise. I had played MvC2 in the arcades...back when I could actually find one around here. No, it wasn't until this very year that I really started looking at this series, and what I discovered was just pure fun. I'm definetly willing to shell out the money for MvC3. Besides, if you were to tell me that there was a game, any game, that had Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Viewtiful Joe in it, I'd pre-order it.

Metroid: Other M: Nope, haven't played it yet, but I sure want to. I'm surprised to see a Metroid game that isn't getting universal praise, but even if it was getting more bad reviews I'd still want it. It's Metroid, dammit!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Finally, a spiritual successor to the KOTOR games, and no doubt my first ever MMORPG. Too bad I have connection issues whenever I run Windows (I'm dual-booting with OSX) for some strange ass reason. (My connection works, it just disconnects more then I would like) Hopefully Bioware might release it on Mac some day, but even if they don't I'll probably get it anyways. I've been waiting years for this, I'm not going to sit it out. Oh hey, speaking of Bioware...

Dragon Age 2: Dragon Age is a game I tend to play in short, addictive bursts, stop, and then continue on a month or two later. Since there is still a TON of stuff left for me to see in the first game, I doubt I'll be getting DA2 the exact instant it comes out. But I will still get it.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions: Yeah, I'm actually not dying to get this game, but I'm still interested. Normally I get new Spider-Man games the second they come out, but the lack of free roam is kind of a step backwards to me. But hey, I liked the PS1 Spidey games, and this seems to be more of a third entry to that 'series'. (They even brought back Stan Lee and alternate costumes)

Ace Attorney Investigations 2: There isn't much to say here, it's another Ace Attorney title which means another $30 spent on my end.

Zelda: Skyward Sword: I really hate to sound repetitive, but the only justification I need here is that it's an entry into my all-time favorite game franchise. Sold.

And lastly, the 3DS and all the awesome looking games on that. Zelda and Starfox 64 remakes? Assassins Creed? Splinter Cell? Sonic? Harvest Moon? (I think so, anyways. The Japanese name for Harvest Moon was listed) Hells yes, I've been looking for an excuse to replace my half-dead DS Lite, and I couldn't possibly ask for a better one.

EDIT: How the hell did I forget to mention Arkham City? It's like the only game out of all the ones listed that I want a time machine for. Also, Telltale is making Back to the Future games. That's pretty much all we know about them, but that sounds like a really good match to me.

Edited by Speederino

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marcello

• Glenn

• Swiss

• Speederino

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited for Kirby's Epic Yarn, but I need to get a Wii first. I'm getting a Wii because of this game. I also can't wait until Nintendo announces the fuck out of that new Kirby game for the DS.

I am also waiting on Ghost Trick. I'm honestly a lot more excited for this than AAI2, which I expect is going to be "hey here's Edgeworth again but since Phoenix isn't going to be here to play off each other's homoerotic rivalry, he's not as interesting" again. Have people forgotten about this game? The OST is incredible, by the way. It's by Capcom music mastermind Masakazu Sugimori, who has only really done two soundtracks before this game but they're both magnificent.

Well, in the post at the moment is a new copy of Katamari Forever on PlayStation3, but that's not a new game, so I'll brush over that...!

First up, on 15th October, I'll be getting Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 on PlayStation3.

Following that, on 29th October, is the release of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, again on PlayStation3.

November kicks in with GoldenEye 007 on the Nintendo DS and James Bond 007: BloodStone on the PlayStation3 and Nintendo DS. That'll be the 5th, and then on the 12th, there's the release of Sonic Colours on the Nintendo DS to enjoy.

Honourable mention to Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth on Nintendo DS, which is released on 29th October but won't be an immediate must-buy.

I'll also be looking to import Naruto Shippuden: Naruto Vs Sasuke on Nintendo DS, from America, on 16th November.

Busy period! I love it! :)

My list at the moment largely exists mostly of Downloadable games, there's so much on offer coming up!

Comic Jumper: The Adventures of Captain Smiley - This game just looks absolutely HILARIOUS. Plus the folks at Twisted Pixel are just awesome.

Super Meat Boy - Another game that looks funny as hell, but this one's got that N+ kinda gameplay. That's what mainly does it for me.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Yeah, yeah, people are constantly picking out every minor problem with it. But it looks damn fun to me, so we'll have to wait and see.

The Sacrifice (DLC) - I thought I'd put this here, as I really really can't wait for this. For anyone who doesn't know, it's Left 4 Dead 1/2 content that bridges the gap between the original Survivor's journey and The Passing.

Also, Bill dies. ;_;

Sonic Colours - For some reason I'm not overly hyped for the DS version, but the Wii version looks stunning. O_O

EVERYTHING ON THE 3DS - Particularly Paper Mario and Animal Crossing. I want it now. :(

Luckily, most of these come out in the next month or so. :lol:

I'm not going to be able to get a lot of these due to my lack of money, but I'll list some games I'm looking forwards to (minus the Sonic games)

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 (360). I had a lot of fun with the first one and the story was great. I'm excited to see how the story continues ^^ The book of the first one was pretty good too, so I might get this book when I have money.

Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) I played it at GC and had a lot of fun, even though my partner sucked. Probably one of the games I'm most excited for.

Zelda: Skward Sword (Wii) I waited almost 3 hours to play this game for 5 minutes at GC, and it was really fun. The controls weren't tiring like I thought they would and the graphics are really nice. Plus it's a Zelda game and Zelda is in my top 3 game series (With Sonic and MGS)

Kid Icarus, OOT 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Star Fox 64 3D and so many more 3DS games. I just want to get my hands on the console. I really love it. I wasn't nearly as excited for the original DS...