Awoo.

Last Minute Continue (Sonic Wrecks)

HunterTSF

Weeeeellll Sonic Channel's got its own thread so it's only fitting that its pseudo-official European counterpart get one as well, eh? For those of you not in the know, Sonic Wrecks is a Sonic the Hedgehog fansite run by SEGA Europe community manager ArchangelUK. It's got an archive chock-full of miscellaneous media goodies (including but not limited to music, videos, wallpapers, screensavers, and fonts) stored in the "Depository", a "Radio Redux" webcast that's done weekly, and even some exclusive franchise changing news every now and then.

If you're one of the 3 or so people from here that frequents the site, you would know that AAUK's just launched a shiny new Images and Official Art section for your viewing pleasure! Most notable is the recent addition of a super duper rare previously unreleased anywhere high quality render of Pachacamac from Sonic Adventure. How awesome is that? Very awesome.

Oh, he also has a poll up for what you'd like to see uploaded on Friday! You all should go participate in that.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 5

I saw the update through his twitter feed. I voted for the radio show. I actually wanted to vote for the render, but I figured that wasn't fair to fans of the show.

I'd actually tune in myself, but for some reason, I can never bring myself to listen to podcasts. I've even been IN a few, but meh. Laziness I guess.

"It's like Sonic City, if they actually let AAUK just get on with it."

That's probably more accurate. ;)

People miss a helluva lot because they don't frequent SW actually.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do I know Sonic Wrecks?

Dude... I got to this site trough Sonic Wrecks. :D (Having said that I never registered nor posted there. D:)

Awesome find BTW, It’s good to see Pachacamac had pupils, I never knew about that 'till now. :o

Edited by gato

lol, that render doesn't look like it's supposed to be seen at it's native resolution. Look at the texturing between his spines and the rest of his head.

That's pretty cool.

However, I wonder if we'll get that concept art of Sonic Rush 2's Johnny as a human?

Because I'm nice, I've added exceptions to the htaccess for Stadium, Retro and Emerald Coast. As a suggestion if you're going to post the image in here I'd probably suggest you use the small preview image instead then link to the page the full image is on.

Actually Dale, could you edit your posts to do that?

Ta.

Also we've got an exclusive wallpaper now for Sonic Colours. Aren't we nice?

This is my favorite Sonic Colors Wallpaper so far. Though I don't like the placing of the copyright stuff..

Edited by MarcelloF

Because I'm nice, I've added exceptions to the htaccess for Stadium, Retro and Emerald Coast. As a suggestion if you're going to post the image in here I'd probably suggest you use the small preview image instead then link to the page the full image is on.

Actually Dale, could you edit your posts to do that?

Ta.

Also we've got an exclusive wallpaper now for Sonic Colours. Aren't we nice?

I didn't think about that. Sorry. Edited the posts now. :)

Yeah, I noticed the new wallpaper. Cool stuff. I think Sonic Wrecks could outdo Sonic Channel if it really wanted to.

• 4 months later...

Oh hey there, old thread! Long time no post!

Anywho, the Images & Official Arts section of the Sonic Wrecks Depository has been updated once again! Well, actually, it's been updated many times since the last time this thread was last posted in.

THE NEW STUFF

• Yacker and White, Cyan, and Yellow Wisp renders!

• Sonic - Adventure DX: Director's Cit, Riders: Shooting Star Story, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Colors, Sonic X, and Mario's 20th Anniversary renders!

• Knuckles - Adventure, Advance, Advance 2, Battle, Advance 3, Rivals, Rivals 2, and Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood renders!

• Silver - 2 Sonic the Hedgehog renders!

• Sir Galahad render!

• Soleanna Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medal renders!

• Hint Ring render!

• A whole bunch of logos!

Of course, all of these are presented in higher resolutions than ever seen before! Woo woo! I am quite liking all of these updates!

Edited by HunterTMLPFIMF

Do I know Sonic Wrecks? Hell yeah I do, I've been frequenting that place ever since mid-2007!

I never knew SoS '08 had such a cool logo....

Man, the wrecks updates on Twitter keep getting obscured by Sega's thousands of tweets every week or something. I missed all those Knuckles Renders! I gotta say, I do love finally having the Rivals 2 Knuckles in PNG and full size. Got a couple of edits I want to do with it.

Here's hoping the Rouge one from that game surfaces at some point. It's the only one I don't have a full size of in any format.

Sonic Wrecks has updated the Depository once again! They've added...

• heroes_egghawk_small.png Sonic Heroes Egg Hawk render (I would be so very tempted to use those gunner Egg Pawns as avatars if I became TSF once again.)
  • heroes_emblem_small.png Sonic Heroes Emblem render
  • rushadv_marine_small.png Sonic Rush Adventure Marine render

...and a brand spankin' new render that I don't recall seeing before!

• heroes_tube_small.png Sonic Heroes Shadow Android Capsule render

Nice!

Edited by HunterTMLPFIMF

For the record, "render" refers to 3D art specifically, not the 2D stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, that Marine image happens to be a vector render, so the term still fits. "Render" can also apply to 2D images removed from their backgrounds and then set against an alpha layer, as well.

THE MOAR YOU KNOW~

Anywho, there's been yet another update to the Sonic Wrecks Depository!

• sosbrand_logo_small.png Summer of Sonic logo.
  • sos09_logo_small.png Summer of Sonic 2009 logo.
  • classiccol_logo_small.png Sonic Classic Collection logo.
  • rivals1_logo_small.png Sonic Rivals logo.
  • sbk_logo_small.png Sonic and the Black Knight logo.
  • tennis_logo_small.png Sega Superstars Tennis logo.

Woo.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, there's been yet another update! A whole bunch of high-res Rouge artwork has been added to the Depository! It's the first time we've seen that image of Rouge in her alternate Sonic Adventure 2: Battle outfit outside of the strategy guide, if I recall correctly.

sa2_rouge_small.pngsa2b_rouge1_small.pngsa2b_rouge2_small.pngsa2b_rouge3_small.pngheroes_rouge_small.pngson06_rouge_small.pngsfr_rouge_small.pngbattle_rouge_small.png

Neat! Still needs moar Omochao and Egg Pawn renders though. :P

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 months later...

Awesome find.

Its amazing to see the leap in quality between prototype and finished product.