Awoo.

Last Minute Continue (Sonic Wrecks)

HunterTSF

• 3 weeks later...

Sonic and the Secret Rings concept art

http://www.sonicwrec...hasringconcept/

There's this interesting statement at the end, too.

Oh, and by the way – remember ProtoBlaze? We’ve found a SECOND image of her outside that circle!

More on this soon…

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, I asked AAUK about that Shuffle Super Sonic art a few years back and not even he could get a hold of the full version. Whether or not it'll finally turn up one day I have no idea but I want it SO BAD.

Proto Blaze is awesome... that is all...

If you get a Sonic game before release date, Proto Blaze will invade your game and kill you, like a Black Phantom from Demons Souls.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well...Blaze is from another dimension. >w>

And about the storyboard- once again, the human designs look better in 2D.

Edited by Inferno

Proto Blaze would look pretty cool if it weren't for her body. It looks very weird. As for storyboard stuff, I really like how the humans look.

Eh. Really glad Blaze got the design she got, rather than that one. I mean it's not bad, but it gives me completely different vibes than her finalized design does.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh. Really glad Blaze got the design she got, rather than that one. I mean it's not bad, but it gives me completely different vibes than her finalized design does.

Yeah, here proto design looks like she's a villain, and is perhaps a bit "gimmicky" with that fire look.

Well yeah, but "different" isn't necessarily "worse".

I can't really compare the two when one's barely more than a silhouette, and also pretty roughly drawn, but I do like how protoBlaze looks more fiery. More fluid parts. It's always bugged me how rigid final Blaze's design is.

We'd have a better idea w/o the Silhouette (obviously). I'm very fond of Blaze's current design, but I can't say I'm not curious about where Proto-Blaze was going. The fire mane concept is interesting.

ProtoBlaze was evidently only in silhouette rather than actually black-tinted in general, then; in fact, judging by the blue edging, she'd have been more Sonic-coloured, and probably a lot more of a Sonic counterpart. I'm glad the final result was a more independent character, but on the other hand it was a bit of a missed opportunity for a more fiery stylisation.

Well considering that all Blaze's fire powers ever really amount to is being a walking Flame Shield (until she's super), the decrease in emphasis on the flames is probably for the best.

Well considering that all Blaze's fire powers ever really amount to is being a walking Flame Shield (until she's super)

Huh?

Blaze's fire powers were extremely apparent in Rush. She may not have been shooting fireballs in gameplay, but she was still running around leaving trails of fire and hovering in mid air with the help of a small jet flame. Shoot, her spin dash is replaced with a beastly fire twirl. She had quite a bit more going for her than a bit of immunity.