Awoo.

Last Minute Continue (Sonic Wrecks)

HunterTSF

20 hours ago, goku262002 said:

Ah cool, I was wondering why your commentary segment wasn't apart of Sonic Show anymore but its cool you guys are still continuing it.

We were always going to be continuing it, though wasn't sure where. Long story short we're flyin' solo and this is the new show branding.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kevin used to be staff, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had more insight into existing SEGA assets, or at least know how to pull the strings to get them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 14/01/2017 at 5:20 PM, VEDJ-F said:

Kevin used to be staff, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had more insight into existing SEGA assets, or at least know how to pull the strings to get them. 

Not really. A lot of stuff we've put out over the years has been found purely through logical deduction and diligence. Such media sourcing/the Depository has an intriguing historical relationship with SEGA. With the company both getting very angry with us: because how dare we download things off the press vault that anyone can do - and, the worst crime of all, show stuff they'd put up specifically so websites can show it off and that others had done. Yup, figure that one out. But apparently it was worth some busybody at SEGA getting all upset. And at the same time using us regularly to find artwork. True story, I introduced the lovely former SOE Head of Creative - who was a big supporter of SOS incidentally - to the Depository when she was looking for some specific art. Six months later she admitted she no longer bothered trying to hunt for stuff on SEGA's messy network and just went on Sonic Wrecks instead for any historical Sonic related art!  In fact she even requested a couple of updates back in the day. Incidentally both SOA and SOJ both used the Depository down the years too. Oh the contrast from within the same company(!)

This one is an oldie and some folks will likely recognise it - it's labeled up as Sonic Wrecks for a start. I'm going through some older video assets at the moment as the channel has a bunch of stuff that has just been sitting on there for years waiting for me to do... something with it. As the description mentions it was on a very short lived (if memory serves) Japanese site which we took to be someone's showcase. I can't remember if it was me or one of SW's media hunters from back in the day that found this but I did accidentally find across a bunch of stuff for NotW back in the day. The joke being I wasn't even looking for anything even remotely relating to Sonic and in every sense I just stumbled on it. So I'd love to claim some sort of higher knowledge but not for that. :lol:

There was more of it as I recall but I put it down to one scene for the educational value as it is fascinating to see. It's the way it goes some times.

Other items that have gone up in the meantime. A couple of bits from the old Atari ST stream including the infamous first visit to the Atari ST Horse Racing Simulator game in which Turbo is dismayed to find one of the horses is called Durbo. An As Seen On TV item featuring the Atari 2600 of all things and the latest part of the Alice: Madness Returns LP.

Additional: The YouTube channel is now accepting Closed Captions/Subtitles for videos now. English subs are already up on the Sonic 25th Anniversary Coin unboxing. 

• Thumbs Up 1