Awoo.

Captain Jack Sparrow visits a school

Badnik Mechanic

So pirates 4 is currently being filmed in London at the moment.

Whilst you can't go into the filming location during the day, you can go have a look around after the days filming has finished... well a 9 year old girl named Beatrice wrote a letter and left it at the filming location...

The letter said.

Captain Jack sparrow. At my school we're a bunch of budding young pirates. Normally we're a right handful, but we're having trouble with a mutiny against our teachers. We'd love it if you could come and help.

P.S. We have a plentiful supply of rum.

Edited by Gnasher

I have a friend who's currently going to Greenwich university and she's very excited by the fact that Johnny Depp is filming nearby.

I bet she'll be sending lots of letters to Cap'n Jack now in the hope that he goes to visit her too :P

Wow, that's amazing... I remember seeing a video of an excellent Johnny Depp impersonator dressed as Jack Sparrow visit some schools, but the real deal? ALONG with the rest of the cast?

Lucky little scalawags.

Saw that on the news.

I bet the kids have quite a story to tell...and I hope they got pictures and stuff. It's almost a grace from god to have a superfamous actor come to your school for a visit from a simple letter.

Damn, now I feel pissed off and jealous. :angry:

This is so utterly awesome. But now I feel bad for all of the kids who are going to leave letters for Captian Jack Sparrow and have him not show up. There's only so much one pirate can do!

I have a friend who's currently going to Greenwich university and she's very excited by the fact that Johnny Depp is filming nearby.

I bet she'll be sending lots of letters to Cap'n Jack now in the hope that he goes to visit her too :P

Edited by Mahzes

Lucky bastards. They get Jack Sparrow. Screw the PM, they got Captain Jack friggin' Sparrow!

Glad to see that not every single movie star on the face of the planet is a greedy, money and attention grubing, intolerable asshole. People could learn a few things from Depp.

I've got to give the man credit for his awesome response to the letter! I'm sure that's one memory the kid will remember for a long time!

Lucky ducks. We only ever got science assemblies teaching us hot from cold and magazine sales people telling us to fundraise our asses off.

Jerks. [/envy]

As far as famous people visiting schools go, a few years back Ray Bradbury visited my university to give a lecture or something. I didn't go, because I forgot. God damn it.

Haha, wow! That's some awesome and joyful news right there.

I suppose he came to their class because he needs new crew members again? Nonetheless, how he was standing there, it felt like I was actually watching the movie, haha.

• Thumbs Up 1