Awoo.

About Usernames

Roarey Raccoon

Basically, when we set the forum up, we added up ban filters to stop people registering generic names with 'Sonic' or 'Tails' in them (plus some other popular Sonic character names). I know this is an inconvenience but hey, be more original and stuff. There are a few exceptions to this rule, wherin old members get to have their generic names back, but otherwise please try and register a name that's, well, more distinctive.

Is this why I can't use my old name?

Most likely. Although, if you have used that here for a while, and if you ask Roarey Raccoon nicely, maybe he will consider letting you wear that old name of yours. Try sending him a Private Message! =)

I think this is a good thing you know. Having a proper unique name...heck you may like your new name better than the old! =P

I think this is a good thing you know. Having a proper unique name...heck you may like your new name better than the old! =P

The irony about this, is that this is my old username. When I first registered at this forum, I was using the name of "Scorch" (as I'm doing right now), but then someone ended up mistaking me for someone at Fireball20xl with the same name. I then figured that many other people would probably mistake me for him as well, so I decided to change my name into "Golden Sonic" to avoid confusion.

Well, my name is a complete flip'n rip off. But my "original" name wasn't working.

lol "ShadowChao" right? XD

5 and a half years gone. Time to regroup and rebuild I guess.

Well you are not the only one who had suffered this...remember that...

Edited by Spicylicious

The irony about this, is that this is my old username. When I first registered at this forum, I was using the name of "Scorch" (as I'm doing right now), but then someone ended up mistaking me for someone at Fireball20xl with the same name. I then figured that many other people would probably mistake me for him as well, so I decided to change my name into "Golden Sonic" to avoid confusion.

You like the username "Golden Sonic" better than your current? =O

lol "ShadowChao" right? XD

Jah, though that could also be considered a rip off, since there is such thing as a Shadow Chao... But then again, this is the internet, everythings been done already.

I think it's a much better idea to make peopl be more creative with their s/n. I think most people's new names are better than their old ones anyway.

You know guys, you could register your username as anything like 'Superpoopypants', and you can pick your display name as whatever you wanted it to be. :D

Although, no-one else has ever been a Gerkuman other than me, so I just used that ^_^

Aww I don't like this idea, now I can't use the name Sonic-Fan like I used to be, not that I liked it in the first place. I don't have enough brain to think of an original username so I tried to think of how I could still use the word Sonic in my username, then I thought of spaces, and it worked! =P Even though my new name's totally unoriginal, I actually think it looks better than my old one, so in a way I guess it's a good thing.

I'm known by a couple other names on other sites, but this is my favorite. :)

Edited by libertyernie

I got my old name back :D. Thanks again Roarey.

I think I've been here long enough to call dibs on my crappy unoriginal name, which was actually my second forum name idea after an equally crappy unoriginal name, shadowknux.

Ha ha!

Yay, my old name is back! ChaosSupremeSonic. "Sawnik" didn't really go well for me because I couldn't represent my main man the proper way. :lol:

I hate how unoriginal my name is, yet this is who I am here, XD. I'm glad that I got to register with it this time, since the old filter wasn't allowing the word "Blur" (don't know if it's blocked now, but I gots it, 8D). I tried going by "Gallant" at one point in time but everyone called me Blur instead, XP.

Honestly, people should just choose an original name for the Sonic forum or you'll end up like me and regret it, >_<. I am going to change it back to Balto after people get settled in here more.

-Blur

I remember back on the old SSMB I had the totally unoriginal m1ke.tayl0r before the username lock down was put in place. Then I couldn't change my name to m1ke.t because I couldn't use dots!

Did I just get registered quick enough to miss the username lock down this time round? Or are dots allowed? Either way I'm delighted with my unoriginality! LOL.

m1ke.t is my online name everywhere! Other than damn XBL! Someone already had it. Had to go with blu3blur if anyones interested in adding me!

Awww but Blur it will make me sad if you change to Balto (as awesome as he is) but I like you as Blur. *pouts*

No problem with me since everybody just called me STK instead of SonicTailsKnuckles in the first place.

lol, nice.

So I guess some sonic character related names would be ok: like 'Rouge's friend'?

(sorry I don't mean for it to sound like a retarded question, I just would like to know just in case I get ideas ;) )