Awoo.

Minecraft

Noir

The team that made the 360 version of Minecraft were a Microsoft licensed team, i.e not Mojang. The console exclusive deal is a rights related one exclusively.

Sony and Nintendo both have equal terms of leniency these days when it comes to publishing rights and are equally open platforms with low entry barriers, good publisher treatment and (relatively) easy development for both platforms. The only real thing preventing them from soliciting that deal with Nintendo is because cursory glance would have you believe that they are far less likely to actually strike a good deal considering Sony's recent desire to scoop up properties for their platforms (see: The Witness) while Nintendo hasn't shown much semblance of such despite having done some support for the indie front. You would assume relatively easily that Nintendo wouldn't hook the studio up with that extra treatment while Sony would. Once Notch tweeted about wanting to get a hold of a PC game, SCEA literally sent Notch a fucking Vita and a shit ton of Vita games to go along with it. Some brownie points if I've seen 'em.

If the game comes on any platform, Mojang won't be the ones doing it. Some would say it's because of Scrolls, others will say it's probably cause Notch is a lazy fuck. It's all a hypothetical scenario in both of their cases right now.

• Thumbs Up 2

We might have a 'playstation' version on the way. Microsoft has a console exclusive deal on the game, but it's a timed thing, when it runs out the team are looking to bring it to a 'playstation' system (but don't specifiy which one).

Wii-U version... Very unlikely to happen.

Obviously their going to port it to the PS2. Duh.

As for the WiiU thing....meh. The game is pretty overrated. Although I find it hilarious how Microsoft cant keep anything that's not made from them Exclusive.:/(and even then there was that halo ds thing that was going to happen.lol)

It seems strange that nobody would even consider a WiiU version - as long as it had touchscreen inventory and gyro aim assist it could easily be the best non-PC version out there.

Eh, nothing huge was lost though. If there's any Minecraft news I'm excited about, it's the absolute fuckton of new redstone gear that's being introduced in the next official update. Daylight sensors, trapped chests and automatic chest fillers should be fucking awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the never ending abyss—faster, more streamlined, and Bukkit-powered—is the Unofficial Official SSMB Servers!

Yes, yes, with rocky up and down times a few months ago and then an abrupt end, I think with new found vigor I should bring these bad boys back better than before!

So if you still have crafting in your veins come along for the ride and seek out new venture. Keep an eye out for hidden structures tucked away to appeal to your Sonic-y palette along with plenty of other goodies. Make sure to share what you find!

If you're white-listed, just log in with the old info, but if not, just drop me a line. (Both servers have different white-lists. I'll add you to both.)

Servers (just copy-paste between quotes):

"sterlingminecrafts.servegame.com:25563" (Survival)

"sterlingminecrafts.servegame.com:25564" (Creative)

Important New Notes:

-Boundary limit of 5000 in any direction. (10000x10000 sized world.) This is to put more ease on the server load. It's plenty to work with, so don't worry.

-Because this is a pretty old world, going through so many updates without dying has made for some interesting land formations. These are normal, and will be more apparent as movement is made more outward into new lands.

-Since we're on Bukkit, feel free to suggest plugins that may be of use to the server. We'll determine how to implement these if we choose to do so.

-There are some old mods still listed on the OP list, but that's not to say we won't add new ones. I'll see as time goes by who'll fit the bill. It's a generally small bunch that comes on, so I hope it won't be unnecessary to need too many.

-PM or Skype is the best way to reach me. Otherwise, contact another moderator with grievances.

-Down-times will be announced ahead of time. Up times are still 10 a.m.10 p.m. EST everyday.

Have fun, and be crafty! (And pardon my tardiness.)

Edited by Silva Rymes
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously their going to port it to the PS2. Duh.

As for the WiiU thing....meh. The game is pretty overrated. Although I find it hilarious how Microsoft cant keep anything that's not made from them Exclusive.:/(and even then there was that halo ds thing that was going to happen.lol)

Halo on the DS was NEVER going to happen, it was a cheesey Goldeneye hack, not developed by Bungie. It only got pitched as far as I know; it would have been very unlikely anyhow.

• 2 months later...

I don't post that often on here, but I've really wanted to do something MInecraft-related with the community here, so I figured I might as well take a try pitching an idea to you guys.

I've looked into a bunch of activities and maps one that really stood out was "Ultra Hardcore". If you keep up with Minecraft odds are you've heard of it. Its a PVP (Player vs Player) game where everyone randomly spawns in a world. Barriers keep them from leaving boundaries, so contact with one another is eventually going to happen. Here is the big twist - You don't regenerate health.The only way to do so is by eating a golden apple (which has an altered crafting recipe) or by using potions. So not only do you have to deal with getting your supplies and caving carefully, but running into players as well. The idea is to be last man standing. Most often after you've gotten "geared up" and are ready for battle, you go on a hunt looking for others to kill. Of course this isn't the only way of approaching things, you can stock up on supplies and such for as long as you want, but it is a battle after all.

I can possibly run a server for this, but would require a test to see how much many people the server could handle at once (The most I've had was 3 at a time). If you guys are up for this, respond saying so, and let the other Minecrafters on SSMB know, because the more players the merrier!

Links :

Mod - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1008473-145-xxxhardcorexxx-mod/

Example Play (Actually starts at 3:00) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDW_UA6cCo8

Edited by KoalaPoop

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love minecraft, but I can never create anything worthwhile :P

It's a bit like my drawing skills, things don't turn out how I like