Awoo.

Minecraft

Noir

Sorry if this counts as a bump, I didn't want to make a separate topic just for this:

I am interested in Minecraft, and intend to buy it at some point. While watching Minecraft videos and listening to Crush 40 songs, I thought of a project to bring the entire community and its creativity together. After bouncing it off the SSMB Facebook page, I was persuaded to bring it here after coming up with what rough outline I could (like i said, I don't have the game yet, so my knowledge about how to do things on this level is severely limited) and see what other people thought.

Basically, what I was thinking was everyone in the community bands together to create The Floating Island. Size and details for the project are currently outside of my abilities, but I had envisioned representations of all the Zones, including Launch Base, Flying Battery, Sky Sanctuary, and possibly the Death Egg (whether in the volcano or floating high above is still uncertain), either with direct copies of the level layouts (though not 100% exact) or just areas that resemble the Zones.

I have no intention of demanding for this to by done by the community while having no hand in it. If the community chooses to start without me that is fine, but it will be without my input until I get a job and can afford to buy Minecraft. This is mostly just to see who would be interested in the project, and what ideas and concepts you have.

Again, sorry if this counts as a bump.

Sorry if this counts as a bump, I didn't want to make a separate topic just for this:

I am interested in Minecraft, and intend to buy it at some point. While watching Minecraft videos and listening to Crush 40 songs, I thought of a project to bring the entire community and its creativity together. After bouncing it off the SSMB Facebook page, I was persuaded to bring it here after coming up with what rough outline I could (like i said, I don't have the game yet, so my knowledge about how to do things on this level is severely limited) and see what other people thought.

Basically, what I was thinking was everyone in the community bands together to create The Floating Island. Size and details for the project are currently outside of my abilities, but I had envisioned representations of all the Zones, including Launch Base, Flying Battery, Sky Sanctuary, and possibly the Death Egg (whether in the volcano or floating high above is still uncertain), either with direct copies of the level layouts (though not 100% exact) or just areas that resemble the Zones.

I have no intention of demanding for this to by done by the community while having no hand in it. If the community chooses to start without me that is fine, but it will be without my input until I get a job and can afford to buy Minecraft. This is mostly just to see who would be interested in the project, and what ideas and concepts you have.

Again, sorry if this counts as a bump.

Until you get the game...

>borrow someone's log-in info to download the game

>stay in offline mode only and play around in creative mode

>build some structures to convey specifics you have in mind

>send them to me to import into the world

>?????

>PROFIT!!!

That way, you can still join in on the fun.

Anyway, sounds like a plan. Or at least a plan for a plan. I made a rough estimate of the plausible height and width of the island awhile back, but we can probably double it due to the recent height extension in the game. :]

Edited by Silva Rymes

Until you get the game...

>borrow someone's log-in info to download the game

>stay in offline mode only and play around in creative mode

>build some structures to convey specifics you have in mind

>send them to me to import into the world

>?????

>PROFIT!!!

That way, you can still join in on the fun.

Anyway, sounds like a plan. Or at least a plan for a plan. I made a rough estimate of the plausible height and width of the island awhile back, but we can probably double it due to the recent height extension in the game. :]

Problem there: I don't know anyone who would let me borrow their log-in information, and due to my motherboard breaking I'm on my parents' computer. Additionally, everyone in the community who chooses to participate gets to help build it, not just one person who's vision may vastly differ from someone elses.

As for the dimensions, you should also factor in the whole "floating" part. Hopefully the ceiling will be high enough for everything, especially the stuff that's in or above the clouds (Ice Cap, Flying Battery, the Lava Reef/Hidden Palace mountain, Sky Sanctuary).

Edited by TimberWolf

Problem there: I don't know anyone who would let me borrow their log-in information. Additionally, everyone in the community who chooses to participate gets to help build it, not just one person who's vision may vastly differ from someone elses.

As for the dimensions, you should also factor in the whole "floating" part. Hopefully the ceiling will be high enough for everything, especially the stuff that's in or above the clouds (Ice Cap, Flying Battery, the Lava Reef/Hidden Palace mountain, Sky Sanctuary).

If you have a Skype, I can give you my log-in stuff and walk you through it. That way I can make sure it goes alright.

I've build the Emerald Shrine, Ark, and soon the Death Egg. Ooooh boy, do we have enough room.

Edited by Silva Rymes

If you have a Skype, I can give you my log-in stuff and walk you through it. That way I can make sure it goes alright.

I've build the Emerald Shrine, Ark, and soon the Death Egg. Ooooh boy, do we have enough room.

See my edit. I don't even have my own computer right now.

Once I get a job fixing it will be one of my top priorities, and once I have a job needing to use another person's log-in information will be unneccessary. Thanks for the offer though, Silva.

See my edit. I don't even have my own computer right now.

Once I get a job fixing it will be one of my top priorities, and once I have a job needing to use another person's log-in information will be unneccessary. Thanks for the offer though, Silva.

I see. Then I hope ya land a job soon, oh one with swag shades.

I see. Then I hope ya land a job soon, oh one with swag shades.

I'm nearsighted. Only way to get swag shades is to get a pair that are prescription.

Which I, of course, can't afford. I can't even afford a new pair of standard prescription glasses to replace my years-old pair.

brb, hating my life.

I'm nearsighted. Only way to get swag shades is to get a pair that are prescription.

Which I, of course, can't afford. I can't even afford a new pair of standard prescription glasses to replace my years-old pair.

brb, hating my life.

I'm not sure whether to feel bad for the situation, or awkward for bringing it up...

>>

<<

Ima head onto the server to see what's up...

Edited by Silva Rymes

I'm not sure whether to feel bad for the situation, or awkward for bringing it up...

>>

<<

Ima head onto the server to see what's up...

Nah, it's fine. I'll find some way out of this.

Hopefully.

In the mean time, anyone else interested in joining the project?

As I said in the Facebook group, I am most definitely interested in joining. Given I share an account with my brother, I should easily be capable of helping you guys out, even if it means simply doing grunt labor. I would absolutely love to work on Ice Cap at least. Say, since this is such a huge project, should we maybe split up into groups, with different people working on different zones? Also, again I suggest we perhaps base these off of similar 3D zones, as it would be easier than trying to convert them from 2D into 3D, (Green Hill Modern, Ice Cap from SA1, Sky Sanctuary Modern,) swapping out badniks and other things as necessary.

As I said in the Facebook group, I am most definitely interested in joining. Given I share an account with my brother, I should easily be capable of helping you guys out, even if it means simply doing grunt labor. I would absolutely love to work on Ice Cap at least. Say, since this is such a huge project, should we maybe split up into groups, with different people working on different zones? Also, again I suggest we perhaps base these off of similar 3D zones, as it would be easier than trying to convert them from 2D into 3D, (Green Hill Modern, Ice Cap from SA1, Sky Sanctuary Modern,) swapping out badniks and other things as necessary.

For badnicks, I was considering just cutting them entirely. It'd probably be hard enough figuring out what blocks and colours of blocks we need for the Zones themselves, adding in badnicks would just make it annoying. Maybe afterwards they can be added, but they're not a priority for me.

That might be a good idea, using the 3D versions that are already available as a basis. Thoughts, anyone else?

Carnival Night or Hydrocity in Minecraft? That is so, so,very tempting. I may have to lend a hand with this one.

If we do Hydrocity though, it should naturally be underground. I would REALLY like to do Carnival Night though.

Finally, would we be doing this on survival, creative, or building it on the survival server with creative tuned on, or what?

Already started on a kind of 3D Lava Reef in the Server.

If we're gonna recreate the layout, I'm game.

Carnival Night or Hydrocity in Minecraft? That is so, so,very tempting. I may have to lend a hand with this one.

If we do Hydrocity though, it should naturally be underground. I would REALLY like to do Carnival Night though.

Finally, would we be doing this on survival, creative, or building it on the survival server with creative tuned on, or what?

Definitely Creative, likely on the Creative server. Up to the Server Owner, though.

And yes, Hydrocity will be underground, most likely directly underneath both Angel Island and Marble Garden, beside the underwater portions of Carnival Night, and above Lava Reef.

One thing I do envision: The Emerald Chamber is in the exact center of the Island.

• 1 month later...

Updated the game and server after God knows how long, and boy do I feel silly. My host domain expired because I slacked, so I had to make a new one. We'll no longer be using SterlingMinecraft.servegame.com to log in. From now on, it's:

SterlingMinecrafts.servegame.com

Make sure to change it in your settings! Happy crafting~! :]

EDIT: New banners.

MCServerSigmini-1.png

MCServerSig-1.png

Oh man, look at those changes~

Edited by Silva Rymes

• 2 months later...

MineCraft is easily one of my favorite video games, and it's lots of fun to play, with the challenges of Survival Mode, and the openness of Creative Mode. The SSMB Minecraft server (Creative) has a bunch of cool stuff in it too.

• 3 weeks later...

Yo yo, sorry the server's been up and down so much this summer. With the recent migration though, it will be much more regular (and possibly faster too). School's starting soon, so where else to take a break then Minecraft, am I right?

And who knows, some new large projects may be brewing...

Once I get Minecraft for my profile, I might join the Sonic Stadium server. Do we have to have permission?

• 1 month later...

Okay, bumping this topic because I need some advice. I've been moderating this other server for a good while now, and it's been fun, but we have lately had a griefing problem. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, as it's a somewhat small server, and I can use the spectate plugin and generally keep an eye on everyone pretty well. However, the griefer I've been having trouble with seems to only be on (or at least at work ruining towns) while nobody else is. Thus, I haven't been able to figure out who's been doing this.

Have any of you had any similar experiences with these types, or any advice for dealing with this guy?

I do recall hearing of a plugin that allows you to see who destroyed blocks and stuff. I don't remember the name of it but several other server admins have told me about it.

Edited by Enderwoman

You mean BlockLog? Not only does it track block history, it even allows you to rollback the map per player, so you can undo the griefing and leave the server intact. Personally I prefer Factions, if only because it's simpler on the client and allows them to define chunk protection all by themselves. Depends on what the server's after, I guess.

new Minecraft (Xbox 360) update released today. I'm glad they finally added Creative Mode. (also you can switch from Creative to Survival, but you won't be able to earn any spots on the leaderboards + no achievements.)

• 1 month later...

So this topic hasn't been updated in a while and I don't normally comment or discuss in it, but I wanted to share my latest creation...

So being the Doom fan I am, I (like many others) went to create E1M1 (Episode 1 Map 1) of Doom.

post-614-0-47039900-1353756261_thumb.jpg

The other ones I've seen aren't very accurate or seem to be created from memory alone, I wanted to create one as close to the design as possible though, since the map has no measurements, I had to guesstimate and improvise throughout the whole thing.

The real map for comparison:

e1m1s.gif

Also, this was made in the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft and as such, I couldn't use any Doom Texture packs.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We might have a 'playstation' version on the way. Microsoft has a console exclusive deal on the game, but it's a timed thing, when it runs out the team are looking to bring it to a 'playstation' system (but don't specifiy which one).

Wii-U version... Very unlikely to happen.