Awoo.

Minecraft

Noir

Server will have some downtime for awhile (possibly days), as the server wrapper used for it has not been updated by the original creator. Will update once it's back up~

Is it just me, or does 1.7 feel kinda like a downgrade? I mean, pistons are really cool, and I can't wait to arm my base with mashing spike plates, plus leaf blocks are nice, but a lot of this either feels worse, or more needlessly complicated.

Shit, that reminds me, I have to update my texpack again. Still have to texture those pistons sometime. >.>

Shit, that reminds me, I have to update my texpack again. Still have to texture those pistons sometime. >.>

springs

has to be springs

if not springs

i will cry

• Thumbs Up 4

Latest update. Server wrapper still isn't updated, unfortunately. :[

Please hang tight!

1.7.3 - July 8, 2011

Bug Fixes:

• Corrected a block duplication bug when using pistons.
  • Corrected a redstone torch duplication bug when using pistons.
  • Corrected a client crash when placing a sign in front of the piston, powering the piston and then removing the block beneath the sign.
  • Ice blocks are now pushed without causing water streams breaking everything. original glitch example
  • Booster rails are no longer being powered magically without a power source .
  • Pistons connected to the end of a piston transistor via redstone are now properly closed when the power goes out.
  • Doors no longer create purple particles.
  • Hacking clients can no longer edit texts of placed signs in multiplayer.
  • Changed so that paintings pushed by pistons will pop off.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got good news and bad news.

Good news is that the server is going back up tomorrow. I know that y'all have been really patient, so I'm bringing it back despite... well, just continue onto the bad news.

Bad news is that it's going up bare-bones since the server wrapper is still not updated, and won't be for at least 2 weeks. There is still protection as far as the white-list goes, but backups and fixes will have to be done manually by me. Also, no mods.

Sorry about all that~

In a recent article on PC Gamer, Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson explained a new leveling system for Minecraft versions to come.

“I’m a big roguelike fan,” explains Notch. “It’s really fun. The idea is that you level up really, really fast. You can grind away and level up fast if you want to, or you can just play as normal and level up that way. The longer you play, the bigger the risk of dying becomes. It’s the part that really works. If it feels like it’s too harsh, we might make it half or something like that. But the fact that you lose everything – you lose all your inventory anyways.”

Edited by Swiss

Great, fried chicken. Now if only I can actually find some chickens. I swear since the 1.7 update that animals have been appearing less frequently. I could go days (in-game days) and not see a single pig, sheep, cow, or chicken around my base.

A temporary workaround has allowed me to get the server back up with all the extra goodies in place! It might be buggy, but I've made a manual backup and it seems to all be running fine! Please enjoy, and report any bugs you might encounter. :]

I dunno what happened, but I logged in today only to find certain portions of my massive underground home filled in with smoothstone. Either there was a rollback or the tempfix generated new chunks which overrwrote the ridiculous amount of mining I had to do to clear that much room out. Either way, I'm a pretty annoyed BL right about now. D=

I dunno what happened, but I logged in today only to find certain portions of my massive underground home filled in with smoothstone. Either there was a rollback or the tempfix generated new chunks which overrwrote the ridiculous amount of mining I had to do to clear that much room out. Either way, I'm a pretty annoyed BL right about now. D=

The Endermen strike.

Take your belongings, but only what you need.

And run.

Just run.

I'll be honest... I don't actually play Minecraft. I just play the free beta. (Y'know... exploring the place that looks like Green Hill Zone?) It's actually pretty fun to me.

I was linked to an interview between Notch and IGN just now. I'm posting here mostly because a question regarding X360 exclusivity was asked, and Notch's answer was simply priceless.

IGN: Is the Xbox 360 exclusivity a timed exclusive? Is there any chance Minecraft might show up on PlayStation 3 in the future, or Nintendo's Wii U?

Markus Persson: I have been instructed not to reply to this question, so here's a picture of a sheep instead:

minecraft-20110713025816439-000.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

my house is one block

at the tip top of the map

torches on all sides

never move

always safe

i actually didn't look away for a second there

the i realized i should be sleeping!

Hey guyz, what's going o-

rMJPo.png

DON'T LOOK AWAY

Holy crap, Slenderman has invaded Minecraft! RUN AWAY!!!

In all seriousness though, that's actually a really creative enemy. It certainly sounds genuinely creepy. :D

Holy crap, Slenderman has invaded Minecraft! RUN AWAY!!!

In all seriousness though, that's actually a really creative enemy. It certainly sounds genuinely creepy. :D

No no, Enderman. There is quite the difference.

• Thumbs Up 1