Awoo.

Patiently Waiting...

crush40rocks

I've been searching the threads for a while now looking to see if there is anyone else discussing the WiiWare version of Sonic 4. Around what time do they normally update the store? Who else is waiting patiently (or impatiently) with their Wii sitting on the main menu, occasionally checking and rechecking the Shop Channel for Sonic 4, only to be let down?

The store updates at twelve eastern time, so we've got just a little over two hours before it's available.

Ah, 12 pm eh. Less then 2 hours away, I'm going to be checking the Wii shop channel like crazy when that time comes.

'Bout 45 minutes to go. I love having days off when things like this come up. :D

Playing some classic Sonic to warm myself up for the awesomeness.

For all people saying it looked shitty on the wii...It looks as clear as the HD versions...and I'm not even using an HD tv.

What the hell? The Emerald sound in the Wii version is like a badly done MIDI.

And it seems most songs in the Wii version use totally different instruments. :huh: The Act clear theme and 1up sounds are like direct rips of the Sonic 3 versions, with drums toned down.

The stream's video is very choppy though.

What the hell? The Emerald sound in the Wii version is like a badly done MIDI.

And it seems most songs in the Wii version use totally different instruments. :huh: The Act clear theme and 1up sounds are like direct rips of the Sonic 3 versions, with drums toned down.

The stream's video is very choppy though.

That aside, the boss music sounds much better now. Most of the tracks do, but CSZ2 sounds awful.

Drat, forgot that streams don't get along well with this computer. Chances are a playthrough will pop up on Youtube within two hours, so I'll check it out there I guess.

But why would they choose to only use different instruments in the Wii version?

I like that the Splash Hill songs have more bass in them, but I kinda hate what they did with all the other songs. The Boss music doesn't even use the Sonic 1 drums anymore. It sounds like a fan-made synthy MIDI. Yuck! What happened?

But why would they choose to only use different instruments in the Wii version?

I like that the Splash Hill songs have more bass in them, but I kinda hate what they did with all the other songs. The Boss music doesn't even use the Sonic 1 drums anymore. It sounds like a fan-made synthy MIDI. Yuck! What happened?

My Guess?

Wiiware's 40mb limit happened.

But they couldn't even use the correct Emerald sound?

Thankfully, the Lost Labyrinth music sounds pretty much the same as on the 360/PS3. Very strange. :huh:

But they couldn't even use the correct Emerald sound?

Thankfully, the Lost Labyrinth music sounds pretty much the same as on the 360/PS3. Very strange. :huh:

It definitely not the same. Similar, but MIDIfied.

Well I didn't mean exactly the same. Like I said about Splash Hill, there's a bit more bass.

But I hate hate HATE that they used those direct rips of Sonic 3 jingles. Only because they couldn't even rip them correctly! Where are the drums?? They're so low!

I'm watching a live stream of this version, and the music sounds a little better. There's more bass:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sonic-4-episode-1

I tried to watch that, the stream kept freezing and lagging every two seconds, might have just been the computer I was using, I don't know....

Music sounds different, don't know if that change is just for the Wii version or not

Eeeewwwaaaauugh....Mad Gear Act 2's song got a little ruined.

No wonder SEGA wasn't really showing the Wii version off. They didn't want people bitching about the music.

A rather unexpected change in the music on the Wii version. It sounds kinda ok I guess. VERY Midi'fied. Some of the music changes kinda remind me of Sonic 3 for some reason, but a lot of the changes sound just ok. Thankfully the music won't change on the 360 and PS3 versions since we've already seen footage of the finished version, and the original music is still intact.

Edited by BlueEagle21

I remember Iizuka said in an interview that it was a challenge to meet the WiiWare file size limits, so maybe they toned down the music due to those size limits?

That guy sounds SO HAPPY playing the game, Jesus Christ.

I know. He makes it very hard to watch >_<