Awoo.

Love playing Sonic Unleashed's daytime stages over and over?

Shiny Gems

Replaying Daytime levels stages in SU  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to replay the daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed over and over again?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe...

Okay, so ever since I beat Sonic Unleashed some time ago, I still go back to play the game's levels over and over again. It is mostly the daytime levels I love to play again and again, because they have that sense of speed and are just fun to play! I play the nighttime levels again and again too, but I play them far less than the daytime levels, for the dayitme levels are so exhilarating.

Now, I have a question for especially those who have beaten Sonic Unleahsed. This is not limited to the 360 and PS3 version, for it can count for the Wii and PS2 versions too.

Even after beating the game, do you play the daytime levels of Sonic Unleashed over and over, again and again without tiring of them? Why or why not?

I really don't find them that good to play over and over again, since it's just blasting through the stage and nothing more. They're fun for a while, but not that memorable because the thrills don't really last long at all for me.

Now if I could actually do some cool shit a la DMC while running at those speeds, I'd be hooked to it.

I do, quite often actually. But I do this with most of the Sonic games that I really like, I still go back and play Sonic 3 and Knuckles in its entirety even though I must have beaten it a zillion times now.

For Unleashed I play both the day and night stages, since I like playing as the Werehog almost a bit more than Sonic's regular gameplay in some stages. However, if I am feeling like playing both I'll just go through EggowafflemanLand.

My fave day stage though to zip through is Apotos. I don't know why, it is super short - but I really like it. Another fave of mine is Adabat, with Spagonia up there too.

I indeed do, and I wonder why because most of the time I take the same routes as well (I occasionally indulge in the "no-boosting" rule for a classic experience).

They're just really fun levels at the end of the day. For me anyway.

Though this is true of night levels too. Though I'll admit I only ever play the night levels when I'm doing a full run through of EVERY level. I never turn on and play JUST the night levels like I do with the day levels sometimes...

I like going through them slowly looking for the "seams". These stages were designed to be run through at max speed, you can find some pretty hilarious mistakes by just doing random crap and stopping in places the designers don't expect you to. Probably the most common one would be that the visible floor and the "collision" floor don't line up all the time... actually, they're lined up right pretty rarely. Rooftop Run is probably the worse offender in this category, but you'll probably be able to find stuff like this an any level. You never know when you might stop and notice that Sonic is standing above or below the floor by a few inches.

I do. But I usually go through them quickly. Haven't played in a while actually.

Needs more Daytime stages. It's a shame DLC isn't really doable with the wii version.

I like replaying them, even though some I still find hard despite playing them over and over. I don't like the night levels much anyway, but they aren't so bad once leveled up. I just prefer to replay Sonic's levels. They're much more fun!

I like going through them slowly looking for the "seams". These stages were designed to be run through at max speed, you can find some pretty hilarious mistakes by just doing random crap and stopping in places the designers don't expect you to. Probably the most common one would be that the visible floor and the "collision" floor don't line up all the time... actually, they're lined up right pretty rarely. Rooftop Run is probably the worse offender in this category, but you'll probably be able to find stuff like this an any level. You never know when you might stop and notice that Sonic is standing above or below the floor by a few inches.

I love doing this too. I really enjoy "breaking" my games like that (I wish all games had noclip cheats like Valve's games on PC did so I could just fly around and see how the level is built up).

Though it's a bit frustrating on Unleashed due to so many places looking explorable and only 50% of them being so. 100% I'd be fine with, 0% I'd be fine with, but 50%, some are blocked by invisible walls and some aren't, is just annoying.

Having said all that, I love just strolling through the "city" stages (Apotos, Spagonia and Shamar) and enjoying the scenery. Perhaps not Shamar, but, Apotos and Spagonia... God I want to live in these places. I honestly have actually WALKED through the whole of these two levels and absoloutely loved all the detail they put in. I wish Empire City felt as alive as those places do (and I wish for that matter that the civilisation areas of Mazuri and Adabat had a few humans around like Apotos, Spagonia and Shamar do...).

• Nice Smile 1

Yes. I do certainly enjoy replaying the stages. It's tough to decide why. Sometimes I'll be enjoying the scenery. Sometimes I'll blast through at full speed. Sometimes I just want to hear the music. Whatever it is, it's always fun.

How can I put this... hmm...

YES.

Unlike the nighttime stages, the daytime actually holds my attention. It's what kept me playing through the game.

Sometimes I wish I could run through without Sonic Boosting, but in many levels in the Wii version, there comes a point where to pass, you must boost forward to continue (either to avoid dying or to avoid coming to a dead halt). I use the Wiimote and Nunchuck control setup, and so the boost and the homing attack are both mapped to a shake of the remote. If I used a GameCube remote, I could use the homing attack button to do a small midair boost forward if there are no enemies around, instead of the whole midair Sonic Boost.

Either way, in the Wii version, the levels are designed a lot better than in the 360 version (from what I'm hearing). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Wii version is a little slower and a lot more straightforward than the 360 game.

No, i prefer the night time stages. I love them. I love the "beat-em-up" thingy >3. And the werehog rules.

That´s why i like the ps2 version (not than the xbox 360 version), because there are a lot of night time levels,and a few of the day ones, which i hate for being too fast and for having too many obstacles.

But i have the ps2 version. I don´t know the feeling the people have when they play the daytime levels in the xbox 360, but i have seen some gameplays. They look...well...good. I love Spagonia *-* (not like the boring ps2 version and THAT "GET 200 RINGS" MISSION AAAAAAAARGH. <--- ignore that, that mission for me was too difficult.)

I also like to play again some old school games like sonic 1, sonic 2...i love them *-*. I have finished Sonic 1 like four times lol.

Edited by Blue Kirby

Yeah I do. Frankly now I do it to Speed Run, and also listening to my music from my iPod while blasting through the stages. From Ministry to Celldweller to Nine Inch Nails, totally.

Either way, in the Wii version, the levels are designed a lot better than in the 360 version (from what I'm hearing). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Wii version is a little slower and a lot more straightforward than the 360 game.

Most people seem to say this and I just can't fathom it at all. All you do in the Wii version is run in a straight line, occasionally turning, jumping, or doing a string of homing attacks.

The 360 version actually has a really substantial amount of platforming and the level design is overall tighter with stuff going on in every area.

Basically it seems Unleashed has three viewpoints on day stages:

People like Wii Version because it's easy and they can just run a lot.

People like 360 Version because it's challenging and full of platforming bits.

People hate both because it's not Sonic to them unless the gameplay is pinball physics based.

I'll never deny the Wii version is fun... but part of me wonders how much enjoyment I get is me enjoying the game, and how much is me enjoying seeing how they scaled down the envioronments or the lamer versions of the thrilling bits of the 360 game (for example going round the Clock Tower in Rooftop Run on the grind rail). I honestly do enjoy cardboard cut-out scenery etc though so I do get this strange twisted enjoyment from the worser envioronments of the WiiS2 version lol...

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never actually noticed that in Spagonia. Unless you're playing the Wii version. To me, the worst offender there is Adabat. I don't know if this was fixed in the patch, but in the first 2D section, boosting as you fly towards the first hut will make you miss and land in a pit of water you can't escape even if you boost.

Edited by SuperStingray

I've never actually noticed that in Spagonia. Unless you're playing the Wii version. To me, the worst offender there is Adabat. I don't know if this was fixed in the patch, but in the first 2D section, boosting as you fly towards the first hut will make you miss and land in a pit of water you can't escape even if you boost.

I've had that happen a few times, but I'm actually talking about how Sonic stands on an invisible "collision" surface that's separate from the visible one, and they aren't always lined up. The entire rooftop section in Rooftop Run has the real floor slightly above the visible floor. In the Adabat village, the floor is just slightly below the visible floor, causing Sonic's feet to not cast a shadow.

I love replaying the speed stages in Unleashed! I dunno why, I guess it's because they're sooo addicting. XD; It's a shame they're short and quite easy to run straight though, well, in the Wii version. All except Shamar and Eggmanland. But I don't really like those stages anyway, especially the latter. Urgh.

I love the daytime stages but I hate the way some of them are designed such as Adabat and Eggman Land. Eggman Land is just plain difficult as everyone knows and Adabat is even more difficult than Eggman Land in my oppinion. It's just taken me an hour to finally complete the first Time Trial Hotdog mission as I can almost never complete that stage without dying at some point due to falling, dodgy drifting controls(especially on the water with those water blast traps) and missing that damn thin platform with the essential springs on the water part that lead to a loop de loop before making it to dry land. Adabat = Nightmare. Oh and quick time events that decide wether you live or die are one of the game's worst design choices.

Apotos is my favourite daytime stage to play over and over because it's simple and designed perfectly for the speedy gameplay with barely any death traps.

I only enjoy playing the earliest stages over and over. Mazuri for example, is so fun to play every time and I never get bored of it. I love the music of that stage, the hues, the environment, and it also has some fun platforming sections. Apotos is super easy and simply desingned, but also very fun to speed through every time. I like the bright and vibrant colors of Apotos. Good music in there, too.

yeah ive played mazuri about a hundred times lolz

Could you please try to fix your spelling and grammar. Capital letters, apostrophes, and not saying lolz are things that can only benefit you in life :) (Also it wouldn't hurt to try and add a bit more content to your post ;) )

Yes, I do replay them alot because for me they were the only enjoyable part of the game.

I find myself replaying the Apotos and Spagonia stages only. Those are the only stages, daytime or not, that actually grabbed me the first time through and are fun to play over and over again. The other levels aren't as fun and don't have great music like those two do.

My main problem with Unleashed is the "real world" environments. Aesthetically, its not a Sonic game outside of the bumpers and rings. :(

Not particularly. I'd like more variety, plus I preferred the night stages. That, and I've an innate dislike of 2.5D and mid-level 'on-the-fly' style/perspective changes.

I also concur on the dislike of 'real world' environments and the lack of 'Sonic' aesthetics, though it's more that I don't like the 'international' theme. That, and outside of Eggmanland (probably because this place looks more akin to a mix of Firefield and Lightning from F-Zero GX) and parts of Spagonia (the castle-town feel, mostly), everything is rather bland.

I'll never understand all the complaints of it looking too much like real places. The fact that they're filled with loops, floating platforms and grind rails is one thing but this is quite another:

Apotos = Sonic Rush Water Palace

Holoska = Sonic 3 Ice Cap Act 2

Chun-Nan = Sonic 2 Hilltop + Sonic Riders Babylon Garden

Shamar = S&K Sandopolis Act 1

Empire City = Sonic 1 Starlight

Adabat = Sonic 2 Emerald Hill + Sonic 2 Aquatic Ruin

Mazuri and Spagonia are a bit harder to relate to older levels but still, compare these to the original stages... they really do look like 3D versions to me.

I'll never quite understand the severe dislike of anything without chequered walls or otherwise crazy textures... those were only in Sonic 1 and 2 anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1