Awoo.

FIRST REVIEW SCORE: NGamer 86%

SilentDoom

Wow. Normally I dislike NGamer very much because of their controversial review scores (e.g., I think they gave Jett Rocket a 2 or a 3/5 and other really silly ratings like that). But this is VERY pleasing to see. SCAN PLZ.

Don't Nintendo magazines usually give Sonic games better scores? The one I read hasn't given any of them a low score since Shadow, I believe. Black Knight got 82%! I remember someone saying something like this around here :-/

Edited by DistantJ

Wow. Normally I dislike NGamer very much because of their controversial review scores (e.g., I think they gave Jett Rocket a 2 or a 3/5 and other really silly ratings like that). But this is VERY pleasing to see. SCAN PLZ.

Well, you may be thinking of Official Nintendo Magazine (UK), they tend to be a little more lenient on SEGA's little misadventures with Werehogs and Swords and things - I mean they judge the games by their own merits rather than whether or not the gimmicks 'fit', if that makes sense... For example they never once refer to the sword not 'fitting in', they just talk about how it doesn't work very well. They've also opened every review acknowledging that there had been some great Sonic games on the DS and GBA even while the 3D games haven't done well critically... But I don't think they gave any of them a score above 80%, except maybe Secret Rings, which I would say was a good game anyway. I do remember they scored Unleashed and Black Knight higher than a lot of publications did (I believe it was around 78%), but their reviews were well thought out and explained why nice and clear... They didn't hate Black Knight like everybody else, but they certainly didn't love it, they acknowledged all of the flaws of the game and stuff, just also emphasised the positives.

The whole 3D thing - I think this is to be taken as agiven with the series, I think a lot of the issues with 3D non-Werehog, non-glitchy Sonic are inherent problems from going at high speed.

Very pleasing to hear the game is getting some promising reviews. Though I've not been following it anywhere near as much as it's Wii counterpart, I'm keen to know how well the DS version'll hold up, exactly.

Thanks for the snippets, SiLeNtDoOm!

Sonic Colours is the best rated game in the issue! =D Game of the Month!

Edited by MarcelloF

I forgot the UK edition of NGamer comes out on a Saturday. I'd go out and get it now and scan it, but I can't afford to waste £5.99 on a magazine for one article at the moment.

Edited by DarkOverord

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, what? Is that... Ken Pontac? The Ken Pontac? Right here? Right now? Posting on this forum?

Oh my gaaaaawwwddd.

I would like to personally congratulate you on how awesome you are, but I'm sure you you already know that.

Ken Pontac??? Gasp! I would also like to let you know how awesome you are! And maybe give you some cookies, but I have yet to figure out how to do this through the internet...

Edited by Mimi

Yes. We did.

You must be fucking kidding me if you think I'm gonna believe for a second you're Ken Pontiac...on this exact forum.

Are you really? Seriously? :blink:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

well not 1, but 2 reviewers speak out to back up their claims?

Holy Fuck 2012 is going to happen...We are all fucked!

duty_calls.png

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'll believe you're Pontac when we get a picture of you doing the Thriller dance.

Which is sort of a win win for me, because either you're fake and I called it, or I have a picture of you doing the Thriller dance.

Also yay Colors is just as great as I thought. Sweet (Mountain).

Edited by Galaxy Man

You must be fucking kidding me if you think I'm gonna believe for a second you're Ken Pontiac...on this exact forum.

Are you really? Seriously? :blink:

Seriously. I was looking for reviews and the Googles guided me to here.

Are there people who pretend to be me? That's HILARIOUS.

I'll believe you're Pontac when we get a picture of you doing the Thriller dance.

Which is sort of a win win for me, because either you're fake and I called it, or I have a picture of you doing the Thriller dance.

Also yay Colors is just as great as I thought. Sweet (Mountain).

I have a picture of me being eating by hot zombie women, but I'm too clueless to know how to smallify it so it'll fit in this forum.

But I am me.

Edited by kpon
  • Thumbs Up 6

Seriously. I was looking for reviews and the Googles guided me to here.

Are there people who pretend to be me? That's HILARIOUS.

I have a picture of me being eating by hot zombie women, but I'm too clueless to know how to smallify it so it'll fit in this forum.

But I am me.

Well, I am honoured.

I am in great anticipation of Colours, because I really want to see how funny the cutscenes are and how good the voice direction is.

Also, with regards to the last part of your post.

That is quite awesome

Edited by Scar

Welcome to the forums kpon! :D Really looking forward to seeing you and your teams work on the story and dialogue.

But I am me.

THIS IS GOOD ENOUGH.

just throw it in the post with %7Boption%7D tags, I think it auto-fits it or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

OMG OMG OMG! :blink:

You worked on ReBoot, Shadow Raiders, Storm Hawks, and even Bump in the Night as well! :D

Do you think any of your experience in ReBoot for instance ended up in Colors? Like the kind of humor and such? Which episdoes of ReBoot did you work on anyway?