Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

This isn't up for discussion. Nobody cares if you're being an internet tough guy.

Deleted every post related to this retarded debacle. Now, back on topic everyone.

EDIT: That means to fucking drop it. 8 on the date, if you reply to me one more time, I will strongly consider suspending you for a week. Jeez Louise.

Link? Could you provide a link for other reveiw scores you get in future. Makes things a lot easier.

Seconded, and if you could state which of the 2 versions it's for as well jonathan, that'd be great.

Link to the Game Vortex review:

http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/soft_rev.php/5316/sonic-colors-wii.html

It's for the Wii version. The DS version doesn't seem to even feature on their website, let alone a review of it :huh:

Seconded, and if you could state which of the 2 versions it's for as well jonathan, that'd be great.

Link to the Game Vortex review:

http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/soft_rev.php/5316/sonic-colors-wii.html

It's for the Wii version. The DS version doesn't seem to even feature on their website, let alone a review of it :huh:

nice review. Very level headed. It almost reminds me of DreadKnux's review to an extent.

GamesTM review was finally recognized by Metacrtic and Game-rankings.

In summary they concluded saying, "Not just the greatest Sonic game on the Wii, but also, arguably, of this generation."

"Sonic Colors is hands-down the best Sonic title to be released in nearly a decade, and definitely one of the best titles to hit the Wii in the past year."

8.5 (Wii version; the review is recognized by both Game-rankings and Metacrtic)

Game Chronicles

http://www.gamechronicles.com/reviews/wii/sonic/colors.htm

LEVEL (Czech Republic) 8/10 (Wii)

"Fast side-scrolling Sonic successfully combines the "classic" platformer with 3D action. Colorful environments and nice level design make new Sonic really catchy." [issue#199]

I received this information from Metacrtic.

Edited by jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

stranaigr0005.th.jpgstranaigr0006.th.jpg

This is a review from one of the most popular Russian game magazines, which is called “Strana Igr” (“Gameland”). I’m sorry that I can’t translate it all, but here are some overall quotes from it:

— They weren’t satisfied that the difficulty of the game is not balanced. Some of levels may be completed in a couple of minutes, and some — in 5-7 minutes;

— Graphics are really good, but sometimes levels are bright too much;

— Music is nice at the beginning, but then it starts to annoy;

— The story is really, really weak, and the jokes are stupid;

— Sometimes it’s hard to control the character and make jumping on platforms because of the camera and hard inertia;

— Wisp Powers make gameplay a lot more interesting, it’s a very good element;

— Sonic Colors is a game with a great concept, but the realization is very poor. They gave it 6.0.

By the way, they called the DS version of the game “the best creation of Dimps”, and gave it 8.0. They also noticed that the scenario has turned out much better in this version without the bad jokes and with more dialogs and characters.

This is a review from one of the most popular Russian game magazines, which is called “Strana Igr” (“Gameland”). I’m sorry that I can’t translate it all, but here are some overall quotes from it:

Yeah, wow, the first time I agree with that magazine. In fact, in many aspects they have shown my opinion about the game. Except for the soundtrack, I liked it more than Unleashed one.

• 2 weeks later...

Gaming Trend Review

86/100 (WII)

Fans of Sonic should be happy with Sonic Colors. It gives Sonic the speedy gameplay that old-school fans should be accustomed to. It does add a new wrinkle with the addition of powers through the Wisps. You’ll need to pull out all of your platforming skills to complete some of these levels, or go back later to access areas you can’t at first. If you have enjoyed previous Sonic games but were hesitant to pick this one up because of the most recent Sonic outings, worry no more. Sonic Colors is worth the price of admission.

http://www.gamingtrend.com/Reviews/review/review.php?ReviewID=1571

For those interested the WII version has been bumped up to a 79/100 average on game-rankings--not being to far from Sonic Adventure 2's score.

Edited by jonathan