Awoo.

Gamespot Demo Final Build!

Detective Shadzter

look at that lag. Ugh. I am surprised about the other teams though. Amy, Cream and...Vector? Shadow, Rouge and...Metal Sonic? Good stuff.

That's not Metal Sonic, that's a blue E-Series robot, which I assume will be named E-10000B. Can't imagine why those two are teamed up with one of Eggman's robots :blink: Guess the story will reveal all.

Menu lag doesn't really bother me.

The gameplay looked responsive enough.

I'll be picking this up if I can get Kinect on the cheap (sometime after launch).

I can't hear Shadow. What second do I have to go to in order to hear him?

Shadow was at 6:07, Metal Sonic was at 6:01, and Rouge was at 5:38.

They're all about 1 second each, and just grunts, but they're pretty clear in those areas.

EDIT: Oh wow, XD375's right! You can hear Silver at 5:40.

Looks like the new voices are all pretty similar to the previous ones it seems. Silver sounds a whole lot more youthful.

EDIT 2: Scratch that, Silver's not even in the race. I can' tell WHO that was! Based on the surrounding characters, it was probably Jet.

Edited by Aquaslash

Right now it's viewable in low-quality, but it'll process into HD in a few. :)

Thanks a lot. Added it to my article, with credit given :D

That's not Metal Sonic, that's a blue E-Series robot, which I assume will be named E-10000B. Can't imagine why those two are teamed up with one of Eggman's robots :blink: Guess the story will reveal all.

Wat? My eyes decieve me once again.

Vector! Friggin' AWESOME! I love that they're essentially adding the characters a lot of people have been wanting since the first Riders. I also love that each of the teams get their own story mode. Now Shadow, Rouge, and the rest can finally have a role in a Riders story and not get left to just the multiplayer. I can't wait to see if there's character interaction in the story. I'd love to see how Vector reacts to being teamed with Amy and Cream. This demo just tripled my hype meter! :D

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Imma headbang myself to oblivion considering that they did not expand, nor add customizability to the Extreme Gear.

Also:

officialextremegearraci.png

I went back and heard Rouge, she sounds similar in tone to her last voice. I also heard Shadow, but all I really heard was a "hmph." Did it sound closer to Humphrey or Griffith you ask? Eh, I can't really tell.

I went back and heard Rouge, she sounds similar in tone to her last voice. I also heard Shadow, but all I really heard was a "hmph." Did it sound closer to Humphrey or Griffith you ask? Eh, I can't really tell.

Yeah, it sounds KIND OF like Humphrey Though what follows afterwards sounds younger, doesn't even have an accent and he projects himself more. It's hard to hear but yeah.

Edited by Ryusuke

That post sounds so Dr Achens-esque. you are like comparing cheap VA's with good ones, yet none was compared.

Why not be thankful that Rouge is in this game? why be so hard and down in the dumps if you really do not care about her?

Edited by Squirtle
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm really loving how much work has gone into this game and how much content is featured, especially given the short amount of dev time they'd have likely had for this to make it out for Kinect's launch.

World Grand Prix, including 4 story modes and a possible last story.

Time Attack

Free Race

Tag Race

Relay Race

Offline and online multiplayer

Online leaderboards

Downloadable content is coming

Love the track design and the interactivity with track specific stuff, character powers and items looks fun. Yeah, some of it makes you look like an idiot if you have friends/family around, but it's a good laugh, especially if your friends and family join in. If you have a Wii in your home and your family and friends have played some of the heavy motion controlled multiplayer games that make you look silly on there with you, then I'm sure they won't mind playing this with you.

Yeah, it sounds KIND OF like Humphrey Though what follows afterwards sounds younger, doesn't even have an accent and he projects himself more. It's hard to hear but yeah.

Nice. =) That was my only problem with J. Griff's Shadow, the whole projection thing. Though...when he did project, well..."Don't touch it!!!" comes to mind. :P

That post sounds so Dr Achens-esque. you are like comparing cheap VA's with good ones, yet none was compared.

Why not be thankful that Rouge is in this game? why be so hard and down in the dumps if you really do not care about her?

I wasn't being negative. D: I didn't have much of a problem with Rouge's 4kids voice, or any of them for that matter...also, who's Dr Achens? ._.

Edited by Ferno

Nobody is pumped for the return of classic SEGA arcade vehicles? Hang-On and After Burner return!

hang-on.jpg

Imagine: your avatar, dressed as Ryo Hazuki, riding the Hang-On bike. EPIC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or, better yet, have your Avatar wear the Sonic suit and hat you get from Sonic 4 and then race against Sonic. Minds. Will. Be. Blown. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Anyone concerned with how they fucking look whilst playing a video game is doing it wrong. It's about the experience.

Whether Free Riders will be a good or bad experience remains to be seen, but "looking ridiculous" while you play it is not a legitimate complaint.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice that we get to hear a few small samples of the new cast. Also, the cast of playable characters for this game is looking pretty sweet.

Although I do have to say: I may have only heard a small grunt from Rouge, but it sounds very similar to her 4Kids voice. I was really hoping they'd go back to a more younger sounding SA2-Heroes style voice for her. Ah well, not a huge deal...

So with my elite ninja skillz I took those images:

KingRobotnik2.jpg

KingRobotnik.jpg

Robotnik does NOT look good with hair on his head. Just saying. But that little crown is just faaaabulous!

SonicFreeRidersstorymodes.jpg

Team Heroes: Sonic, Tails and Knuckles

Team Babylon ( I presume): Jet, Wave, and Storm

Team (Rose?):Amy, Cream and Vector(!)

Team (Dark?): Shadow, Rouge, (E-10000 R? Clarification please?) and Metal Sonic it seems.

Scratch that last entry. Metal might be a secret, so he probably won't be on any team.

Team Robotnik: He needs no stinkin' team. He's that badass.

Edited by Kintobor

Nice. =) That was my only problem with J. Griff's Shadow, the whole projection thing. Though...when he did project, well..."Don't touch it!!!" comes to mind. :P

I wasn't being negative. D: I didn't have much of a problem with Rouge's 4kids voice, or any of them for that matter...also, who's Dr Achens? ._.

Dr Achens is the best UK Comedian I know to date:

• Thumbs Up 1

Team (Dark?): Shadow, Rouge, (E-10000 R? Clarification please?) and Metal Sonic it seams.

It's a new blue robot, so it'll likely be called E-10000B. E-10000R was red and E-10000G is green, so it makes sense :)