Awoo.

Gamespot Demo Final Build!

Detective Shadzter

Not to mention Team Rose's story will probably be more amusing with Vector randomly placed there. Should be interesting to see Vector have more interaction with characters outside Espio and Charmy. Plus, since he's on Amy's team that most likely means running into Sonic's team at some point, which means a chance for them to show that Knuckles still has some kind of friendship with the Chaotix. I can hope.

And yeah in my previous post I was just talking about how much it's grown content-wise. At first I thought we would end up with only Team Sonic, Team Babylon + Amy and maybe Eggman as playable and then have 5 tracks tops. Unlockable characters, let alone characters that weren't in previous Riders games? An actual story if even a small one? Those were definitely out of the question. Thanks for the defense Shockhog. B)

One Kinect-related thing I'll say though, I hope people will post board Vs bike races on YouTube. The race itself should be fun to watch but I think it will be even more fun to watch the people controlling the characters!

which means a chance for them to show that Knuckles still has some kind of friendship with the Chaotix. I can hope.

^ Actually, he didn't really state that Knuckles' Chaotix was non-canon. He simply said that Chaotix in Hereos were more of a "reimaging" of the characters rather than a return. That's completely different from saying that their debut game was non-canon.

^ Actually, he didn't really state that Knuckles' Chaotix was non-canon. He simply said that Chaotix in Hereos were more of a "reimaging" of the characters rather than a return. That's completely different from saying that their debut game was non-canon.

Well, he also stated that Sonic Team had nothing whatsoever to do with the making of Chaotix at all, and that the Vector, Charmy, and Espio that were introduced Heroes were making their debut as entirely new characters, rather than returning ones.

Rule of thumb - if Sonic Team had little or nothing to do with it, it's not part of the Sonic Team canon. Kinda liked why we haven't seen Mighty, Fang, Bark or any of the other characters from third party games, and why we can blatantly disregard Chronicles as being nothing more than a load of rubbish. Also explains why it's so ridiculously hard to fit Sonic the Hedgehog CD into the timeline, seeing as it wasn't in there until Adventure retconned it.

Edited by HunterTSF

Sorting out if Chaotix is canon or not is such a headache that I tend to just avoid discussing it and secretly imagine that it is right up there with Sonic 1-3&K, CD and 4. If Shadow gets main series status per Wikipedia sorting, then personally I think Chaotix deserves it as well. B)

Game may not say "Sonic Team" on start up, but they share a lot of staff members (Mamoru Shigeta, Makoto Oshitani, Takumi Miyake and more) and all the games are developed in-house by SEGA.

Anyway, back to Free Riders: Cast list looks great, but still needs Espio, Charmy, Big, Gamma and Omega to be perfect. I'm not expecting long lost characters like Bark, Bean, Mighty and Fang to appear, but the currently used cast would be nice.

^ Gamma? Yeah, right. I don't see how we're getting Gamma at all. Espio, Charmy, Big, and Omega...? I can see them. But I can't see Gamma appearing simply because he was destroyed a long time ago. He then cameoed under the name "Chaos Gamma" in one game. Espio, Charmy, Big, and Omega have all appeared recently, and have been appearing fairly often. Gamma? Not so much...

At that rate, I could go out and say "I need Tikal to make this roster perfect." Admittedly, she's slightly more obscure since she's only appeared in two games, one with a major plot appearance and the other as a cameo, optional character in multiplayer, but still... Gamma's barely had anything more. (Two plot appearances and one optional playable appearance.)

In short, its not going to happen... unless Sega decides to throw tons of characters in as DLC, including ones that haven't appeared in years.

I still think that Espio and Charmy are pretty much given, though.

Yeah, I figure Gamma is a big "no" for many reasons: died, Omega is essentially the 2.0 model, "he's so 1999". But maybe the fact that SA1 was recently re-released gives him a bit more leeway since he can currently be found on a current gen platform.

Thumbs up for tons of DLC characters. Or at the very least two.

I have to say this video gave me a fairly good idea of Sonic and Tails' new voices, I could hear them quite clearly and I actually like both of them a lot, they're growing on me. It helps Sonic, while sounding cheesy, sounds cheesy in a way that works, and Tails sounds really cute but also not overbearing.

Was hoping the multiplayer demonstration would be a bit longer like the stuff shown last week, but it was still a decent look and we got to hear plenty of Sonic and Tails voice clips, which I think are pretty cool. The SEGA rep guy this was time was a proper smartass :lol: Good to hear it does have a photo feature that lets you put your photos in the bill boards. That'll be humorous for a little while :lol:

LOL i loved the SEGA rep pulling the guys leg about the secret servers in Alaska that upload photos to facebook without people's permission. SEGA needs more smartass reps like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

[Edit: embarrassing comment removed.]

Anyway, the co-op does look pretty cool challenging... Awkward, but cool and challenging.

Edited by YoshiUnity: Ace Professor

Tails' voice sounds great. But Sonic's...eh, it's not bad, but it'll probably take some getting used to. It's hard to say what I really think of it at this point, since we only heard a few phrases (unless more has been revealed in Colors trailers; I'm trying to stay as spoiler free of that game as possible). Who knows, it might end up being my favorite voice for him so far.

Anyway, that co-op mode certainly looks...interesting.

Dude! I could have sworn I've seen Marine in the footage. At least her face in the little head icons.

Anyway, the co-op does look pretty cool challenging... Awkward, but cool and challenging.

marine.jpg

That's Cream. Nevermind.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

I love the new track they're playing on. The futuristic city tracks are some of my favourites.

Off topic: I'm surprised the achievement list hasn't been released yet.

marine.jpg

That's Cream. Nevermind.

Oh, oops!

FISSION MAILED... one me. heh.

Oh, oops!

FISSION MAILED... one me. heh.

You removed your comment =(

The game looks like fun. But could I see myself playing it after the first week or two? Noooooooooooooooooooooo

NURUTO SHOOPOODEN: NURUTO VS. SAW-SOO-KAY

Erm. Yeah, I'm really starting to like the sound of Roger's Sonic, although it's obviously difficult to judge anything from such small samples. It's nice to see that he's being taken in a slightly different direction; I hope they do that with most of the characters instead of focusing on finding sound-alikes.