Awoo.

Sonic: The Age of Steam

Doctor MK

Wow... 0_0

Cool!! XD

I've already got my speculation started, for some reason a certain person comes to mind when I read No. 7 of the Tricks.

Anyway, I'm back from a holiday so I have no reason to slack off now. I'll get those "things" done for you as soon as possible. Heheh, should be fun. biggrin.png

*Edit* Oh yeah, and Happy Halloween everyone. Bwahahahahaa!!!

Edited by Dan-imeJ86

The riddles are hard to get, but I have ideas as to what they may mean. As for the prologue, very well done. I patiently await to find out how this ties into the story.

I've already got my speculation started, for some reason a certain person comes to mind when I read No. 7 of the Tricks.

And, assuming you've got who I think you have in mind, you'd be right to think so!

Yes, that's right, teaser #7 is a cryptic clue as to a character appearing in the story. Think outside the box for that one.

Great writing, Doctor, as always! I'm really looking forward to how this story's going to play out...

Regarding the hints though... If this is indeed Werehog, and the blue moon thing causes a transformation not once, but twice... that perhaps links into the seventh hint- someone wanted for 'generations'...?

Oh God, Classic Werehog? That would be absolutely hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Recently, I came up with a good design for Sonic especially for this story. Call me a noob, but how do I post pictures w/o a URL? Or can I?

Recently, I came up with a good design for Sonic especially for this story. Call me a noob, but how do I post pictures w/o a URL? Or can I?

I'm sure there is a way, but I've no idea what it is. The easiest way is probably just to upload the image to Imageshack or Photobucket and then get a URL from there.

I've just realized that this is writing and therefore needs to go in the Misc area. Moving you over! (:

Are you ready for another update? ;)

aos2teaserdesktopwallpa.jpg

Sonic: The Age of Steam II - Curse of the Damned will see our favourite blue hedgehog returning to the steampunk-esque world of Victoria alongside characters from the original tale, but this time there's new friends - and new foes! - waiting for him in this brand new adventure. The teaser image above contains most of the story's cast, although they're still shrouded in mystery for the time being... slowly but surely I'll be unveiling both the newcomers and the Age of Steam veterans, but in the meantime, why not follow in Sonic's footsteps by trying to crack the identity of the mysterious silhouettes!

But most importantly... what role will they play in Sonic's latest journey? You'll have to wait and see, I'm afraid!

Heheh, cool! We are spoiled with updates. tongue.png

That wallpaper is nice too. I must say, the person who made it has got some serious talent. *shot!* lol

*edit* Crap!! You didn't call it a wallpaper, you called it an image. I've exposed myself!! 0_0

Edited by Dan-imeJ86

I've exposed myself!! 0_0

Haha, indeed you have :P

But yes, quite a talent you are. As if it wasn't already obvious enough now, good ol' Dan-imeJ86 here is the excellent artist behind that teaser image. All credit to him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good job on the pic Dan! It has me guessing! (I think I've identified a certain hedgehog but I'll keep quiet!)

Looking forward to the story itself, the last one was worthy of a best seller!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guess the characters, huh...?

Well, I think I've got most of 'em, but the top right one has me stumped. I can't tell if it's one big thing, like an Egg Fighter, or or if it's a collection of others stood close together...

All I know is, it's wearing a top hat, and I approve of this. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us, Doctor!
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

'Ello 'ello 'ello, all! New Year's is fast approaching which, if you remember rightly, marks the anniversary of the release of the first chapter from The Age of Steam. As such, it seems only right that I do something Curse of the Damned related to ring in 2012.

The problem is... I don't know what.

Yet again I'm behind schedule with the actual writing due to things being very hectic on my end lately, so I don't have any chapters to share with you. I suppose I could provide you with some new teasers regarding the beginning of the story, or if you've got anything in particular you want to know about the project (be it about the plot itself or otherwise), then do feel free to throw some suggestions my way.

Let the ideas commence! Choo choo!

'Ello 'ello 'ello, all! New Year's is fast approaching which, if you remember rightly, marks the anniversary of the release of the first chapter from The Age of Steam. As such, it seems only right that I do something Curse of the Damned related to ring in 2012.

The problem is... I don't know what.

Yet again I'm behind schedule with the actual writing due to things being very hectic on my end lately, so I don't have any chapters to share with you. I suppose I could provide you with some new teasers regarding the beginning of the story, or if you've got anything in particular you want to know about the project (be it about the plot itself or otherwise), then do feel free to throw some suggestions my way.

Let the ideas commence! Choo choo!

Aww, crap. There's no way my secret Curse of the Damned project will be finished any time soon, unfortunately.

I could suggest character profiles of Sonic and/or Tails and/or Knuckles, what have they been doing since the events of the first story, sort of thing. Or if you wanted to announce one of the other characters to appear in the story, I could quickly finish there official art to come with it.

Or maybe a preview or something, if you have enough material to make one.

Just a couple of suggestions there.

I could suggest character profiles of Sonic and/or Tails and/or Knuckles, what have they been doing since the events of the first story, sort of thing.

That's not a bad idea, actually. A lot has changed between the end of The Age of Steam and the start of Curse of the Damned in terms of those characters, so some background info might come in useful. I'll see what I can whip up by the weekend.

• Thumbs Up 3

cotd-2012-1.png

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

To celebrate, here's some tantalising new teasers for the upcoming sequel...

Sonic: The Age of Steam II - Curse of the Damned begins a day or so after the events of the prologue. The city of Victoria is preparing for the Festival of the Moon, a mystical celebration that only takes place once every fifty years when the moon shines a bright shade of blue and the gateway to worlds beyond is said to open. The townsfolk commemorate the occasion with markets, sideshows, and other such festivities - but this time, things are not quite as they seem. A sinister plot is binding itself around the city, and no natural force can contain it…

In a bid to save Victoria from certain disaster, the citizens must call upon the help of the now legendary Sonic the Hedgehog. But is even the fastest thing alive a match for the creature that prowls the night?

When darkness falls, legends must rise.

Sonic the Hedgehog

sonicaos2-1.png

Since his sudden disappearance at the end of The Age of Steam, Sonic has been hailed as a legend in Victoria thanks to his heroic defeat of the out-of-control Metal Sonic. Though gone, he is far from forgotten – his story lives on in the form of “The Adventures of Sherlock the Hedgehog”, a series of journal entries written by one of his comrades. Back in his own world, Sonic has been on a number of adventures, most recently having to restore the space-time continuum with his younger self. But nothing can prepare him for what awaits when the people of Victoria call upon him once more, for Sonic will undergo a transformation… although it might not be in the way you expect.

Tails

tailsaos2-1.png

After proving his worth in The Age of Steam, Tails is now working for his idol Ivo Robotnik, helping to come up with creative new ideas for the Steamnik revolution. In his spare time, Tails has been contributing journal entries to The Victoria Times, telling of his adventure with Sonic during the first story. Though he knows Sonic is from another world and impossible to reach by natural means, he secretly yearns for his friend to return – a wish that he will soon be a part of making come true…

Knuckles

knucklesaos2-1.png

Knuckles, like his work partner Tails, has now been hired by Ivo Robotnik to aid in forwarding the age of steam. Instead of coming up with new ideas, however, he assists with finding new materials to use thanks to his experience of exploring the outside world. Due to his upbringing, Knuckles has a vast knowledge of the legends and mythology that surrounds Victoria, so he is in his element during the Festival of the Moon. Little does he know though that this knowledge may come in handy for a far greater purpose – one which could affect the fate of the entire city…

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's time for another creepy coincidence!

You all remember how I realised that a famous Sherlock Holmes quote I had used in The Age of Steam had also been used previously in Sonic the Hedgehog in Robotnik's Laboratory?Well, this one's even weirder...

I was just browsing YouTube and suddenly came across this. I had to do a double take, it was that surprising.

Axel Rudi Pell has a song called "The Curse of the Damned". Why is that significant? Well, for those of you who don't know, Crush 40's very own Johnny Gioeli is the singer for that band. And they've got a song with the exact same title as my story blink.png I assure you this is a complete coincidence and was in no way planned whatsoever!

So I guess Curse of the Damned has its own theme song now... here it is, if you fancy a listen:

One lyric you should probably take note of: "a howl in the night" ;)

• Thumbs Up 3

NOW ONLINE...

CHAPTER 1: CREATURE IN THE NIGHT

taos2chapterheader1-1.jpg

"It is a dark, quiet night in Victoria. Preparations for the Festival of the Moon are in full swing, and the weary finally get a chance to rest. At least, that's the plan. Unknown to the townsfolk, something is very wrong. Beware - the game's afoot once more!"

Click here to read Chapter 1: Creature in the Night!

Well guys, it's finally here. Curse of the Damned is a-go go! I hope it lives up to expectations and I can assure you that there's some really exciting stuff lined up for later chapters. Big, awesome stuff.

I'll let the chapter speak for itself, I guess. I await your comments and your speculation! :D

• Thumbs Up 5