Awoo.

change something in a Sonic game's story

goodone121

Which to me is what it's all about. I don't care if Eggman's the main villain or not, though that role IS good for him getting lots of focus. Whether he's the antagonist, protagonist, or something else, as long as he gets decent screentime, and is portrayed as a deep, interesting, and humorously charming character, I'll love the role.

SA2 actually made me prefer Eggman to Sonic. Playing as him was the icing on the cake. <3 his Walker.

Basically, if they rewrote every game since SA2, things might be better. They extended plotlines too much and added extra characters to do so, and had Sonic racing all over the place. >_>

In addition to whatever I wrote above -

I'd include Mighty in the Chaotix to round them out, and ditch Espio's ninja powers. I'd have Knuckles recognize their history together.

And bring badniks back. All hail Caterkiller.

Edited by Badnikz
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Shadow stayed dead in SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog didn't happen.

Seriously, I still sort of find it hard to believe that that plot is actually canon, even three years on.

Seconded.

Also, keep Knuckles as the Guardian of the Master Emerald, not some confuzzled echidna who oddly enough hangs out with his pals, when he should be more worried about the ME (which he strangely was in Rivals 1 and 2 and Chronicles, but those were not done by Sonic Team, it shows).

Agreed with thoughts on Eggman, he has an IQ of 300 for god's sake! Eggman will either

-Control the beast

OR

-BE the beast

I'm of the impression that Eggman should easily be able to create weapons more powerful than Chaos, Dark Gaia. Maybe it takes time. In SA2, he was bloody serious, right up until the last story (I still don't fully understand why he changed his mind, he had every intention of fully desroying Earth)

• Bad Quality Post 1

I'm of the impression that Eggman should easily be able to create weapons more powerful than Chaos, Dark Gaia. Maybe it takes time. In SA2, he was bloody serious, right up until the last story (I still don't fully understand why he changed his mind, he had every intention of fully desroying Earth)

No he didn't! He wanted to conquer it. He proclaimed himself as soon to be the world's greatest ruler. His goal was to intimidate the planet into surrendering to his demands. He can't very well rule over nothing.

I saw his heroic leadership of the entire team as awesome. Guiding them through the ARK, Eggman took charge and became the leader of that mission. And in the end, he opens up a bit, revealing a softer side of his complex soul. I loved that, and wouldn't change a thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

But then there's that line:

"What's going on, why doesn't the canon fire?"

That tells me he had every intention of destroying Earth.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Somehow I seriously doubt he wanted to destroy the entire planet. A city- maybe a country- to set an example to the rest of the world? Maybe. Blowing up the planet, regardless of how you interpret his morality, would completely negate his plans for world domination.

• Thumbs Up 1

To what end? He's a smart guy, he should know that you can't really take over the planet if you destroy it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, and I know what you guys mean, but you can still built a Robotnikland on the ruins of a planet (which was what he intended to do on SA1 atleast). Maybe he just planned to fire at the White House (like in ShTH, hawhaw =p)

• Bad Quality Post 1

I don't know, and I know what you guys mean, but you can still built a Robotnikland on the ruins of a planet (which was what he intended to do on SA1 atleast). Maybe he just planned to fire at the White House (like in ShTH, hawhaw =p)

And then he'd have no subjects to rule over.

Again, he wants to rule the planet. One man is not an "Eggman Empire." It's just... an Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm of the impression that Eggman should easily be able to create weapons more powerful than Chaos, Dark Gaia. Maybe it takes time.

He did, actually. Sonic Battle was where we see it most.

...confused?

His Death Egg is seen blowing up thousands of stars millions of light years away. Without a single Chaos Emerald at his disposal.

He's pretty deadly.

Actually I forgot about that. He also drives Emerl crazy, Emerl could have easily destroyed anything in his path if it wasn't for Sonic, and under the control of Eggman all the while.

Actually I forgot about that. He also drives Emerl crazy, Emerl could have easily destroyed anything in his path if it wasn't for Sonic, and under the control of Eggman all the while.

Showing how powerful Sonic is without the emeralds.

The amount of power these characters have is ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

But remember Eggman's meeting with the President...

'Otherwise your country will cease to exsist, you have 24 hours to give me your answer...'

Eggman never intended to destroy the Earth, just the country if the President didn't surrender to him...which he didnt, so therefore Eggman was ready to destroy the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say the only Sonic Story i was almost completely imersed into was the Sonic Battle story, it was immense in my opinion. thats the Only part where i will let SEGA off for having something or other take over Eggman at the very end, all though i was disapoointed with the absense of Super Sonic.

I don't mind the Memory of Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2 but it should of been resolved in THAT game, shadow the Hedgehog seemed unessicary to me.

Sonic Unleashed was alright, but the temples of Gaia should of been on Angel Island, would of been better if Sonic actually lost the chaos emeralds at the begining, as you would relaistically, then he gathers them, takes them to angle island to restore them, then Eggman akes control of Dark Gaia at the end.

SPOILERS FOR BLACK KNIGHT!!!

Make it to where, in Black Knight, instead of there never have been a King Arthur, make there HAVE been a King Arthur prior to the game's story, but in a fight or something, Merlin accidentally killed him instead of helping him, which made him create a fake King Arthur, and make another of Merlina's goals to bring back the real king.

• Bad Quality Post 1

I don't mind the Memory of Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2 but it should of been resolved in THAT game, shadow the Hedgehog seemed unessicary to me.

Agreed. Part of Shadow's charm is his enigma, and an attempt to elaborate on his background any further, especially in the way it came out, is just redundant. I think he did make a good recovery in 06 though.

Adventure 2: Shadow dies and does not come back from the dead.

ShTH: Like Gordo said, no death scenes unless it's one of those stupid one-shots from that game.

'06: No beastiallity, No Elise, No Silver. kthx

Unleashed: Give Tails a bigger role, give Eggman a bigger role, and make an Eggman final boss come after the Dark Gaia thing.

Secret of the Rings: Make Eggman the main villain.

Black Knight:

needs more eggman involvement, make percival/blaze not blush when sonic saves her

• Bad Quality Post 1

Black Knight:

make percival/blaze not blush when sonic saves her

C'mon, that was like the best part of the game.

'06: No beastiallity, No Elise, No Silver. kthx

To the bold:

Look up the definition before you start jumping the damned bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

To the bold:

Look up the definition before you start jumping the damned bandwagon. :rolleyes:

While it was not outright sexual contact, and thusly not bestiality by definition, it was still implied romantic contact between a human and an animal. And for most of us, that's a little unsettling. Pairings between animals of different species is already kind of a weird topic in the fandom, but seeing humans thrown into the mix might hit a little too close to home.

Thus, while not bestiality by definition, it is still kind of icky.

I've actually never had any problem with the Sonic and Elise thing as far as the supposed bestiality (plenty of problems with in in other areas, tho'). Sonic characters may be short and furry, but they're still more humanoid than not. It really doesn't seem much different than humans being with humanoid aliens or androids in sci-fi, or with elves and dwarves and such in fantasy, and so on.

I've actually never had any problem with the Sonic and Elise thing as far as the supposed bestiality (plenty of problems with in in other areas, tho'). Sonic characters may be short and furry, but they're still more humanoid than not. It really doesn't seem much different than humans being with humanoid aliens or androids in sci-fi, or with elves and dwarves and such in fantasy, and so on.

I honestly didn't mind that aspect of it. Bestiality is an exaggeration, but the developing relationship would have been far less odd if Sonic's body parts were at least the same size as Elise's. I mean, he was half her size, yet his head was twice as big. But I still didn't like the relationship because it made Sonic seem so... weak.

It was also a horribly written Disney Death.

Ugh. Tell me about it. "Ooh... Shiny!" BAM! Energy pike'd.

Edited by SuperStingray

... but the developing relationship would have been far less odd if Sonic's body parts were at least the same size as Elise's. I mean, he was half her size, yet his head was twice as big.
That reminds me, someone drew a Sonic-proportioned Elise based on that same line of thought. That's one change that might benefit the series...if, instead of going straight to more or less realistic humans once we had more than just Eggman, they had gone more along the lines of that picture, with humans that match Sonic's style.