Awoo.

change something in a Sonic game's story

goodone121

The game wasn't exactly comedic gold, but it did have it's fair share of funny parts. The Robotnik sandwich scene, Chip asking Sonic to take pictures in front of Robotnik's statue, the "cucumber sandwich" running gag (Which was stupid, but I liked it), etc. It wasn't exactly funny, but it was charming and watchable, unlike every other Sonic cutscene since he moved into 3D.

You.

For bringing up Looney Toons as an example? ...Okay...so what then? :huh:

Sonic is not Looney Toons.

Sonic's not a lot of things, he can still be compared as an example from what he's done to other franchises.

But you're talking about the scene where Chip ghost comes out as stupid...for that reason alone. You're basically being a nitpick having a problem over something that isn't even a problem to begin with.

Chip's ghost coming out of his is no more ridiculous than Bugs Bunny's heart pulsing out 15 inches from his body reading "F4" on it, or a character from Looney Toons in general who's ghost comes out of them when they're scared.

Whoa, time the hell out. Sonic can have an edgy attitude, but too much makes him act like the next Altair (Assassin's Creed).
What are you talking about? His attitude in Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Adventure 2 was all the edgy I needed.

Two of those three games have the cheesiest (Sonic Heroes) or ridiculous (Shadow) plots in the series.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Chip's ghost coming out of his is no more ridiculous than Bugs Bunny's heart pulsing out 15 inches from his body reading "F4" on it, or a character from Looney Toons in general who's ghost comes out of them when they're scared.
To be honest, I was actually shocked when I saw that ghost scene. Because it's not something I'd expect from sonic team. I'm just not into that type of humor in a sonic game. There should be humor, but not something as childish as that for me. I don't mind seeing that in a cartoon. But just because sonic is a cartoonish creature, doesn't mean the script, and characters have to be. That's a dumb stereotype. I like the idea of sonic characters living in a realistic world, as it adds a sense of surrealism.

Two of those three games have the cheesiest (Sonic Heroes) or ridiculous (Shadow) plots in the series.
Well I already did say how the plot in Sonic Heroes was weak. But honestly I prefer the Heroes storyline to the Unleashed one. But the parts I thought were genius were the character team CG interactions. Slick, fast, charming, and edgy. Most of the script was cheesy, but I actually prefer that script over the "Hey Sonic Want Some Chocolate?" script of Unleashed. I like the idea of Sonic Tails and Knuckles teaming up to stop Eggman, traveling through beautiful environments and having a cool time enjoying themselves. As well as other characters forming teams. I like that teamwork concept. Because it was new and it was the first sonic game to show off CG movie character interactions.

As for Shadow, I liked the plot and script. I didn't find it ridiculous at all, simply because I didn't find any half-ass quality in it. There was reason, emotion, anger, confusion, questioning, and planning in the writing. I also found a lot of intelligent dialouge between the characters. It's just that fans go, "Oh great aliens.... this is retarded." And it's that kind of judgement I hate.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

As for Shadow, I liked the plot and script. I didn't find it ridiculous at all, simply because I didn't find any half-ass quality in it. There was reason, emotion, anger, confusion, questioning, and planning in the writing. I also found a lot of intelligent dialouge between the characters. It's just that fans go, "Oh great aliens.... this is retarded." And it's that kind of judgement I hate.

For me, it's not because there are aliens involved, it's because the aliens don't NEED to be involved. Nine times out of ten in this game, whatever events or dialogue are just given extra bullshit to sound edgy. I don't mind hearing "damn" or "hell." I mind that it's used in every other cutscene and every time you die just to make it sound edgier than it needs to be. I love edgy, I love plot. I don't care if a Sonic game, or any game for that matter, has an epic plot or a simple one as long as it's GOOD. And I don't think any one who grew up with Sesame Street wanted Elmo to be in GTAIV. I thought the game itself was actually more fun than most people believe it to be, but this sort of tone is called "edgy" for a reason- there is an edge that can be crossed, and I think Shadow's plot jumped right off of it.

• 7 months later...

In sonic unleashed id change the ending so that we see sonic run all around windmill isle then finally when the credits gets near the end (where the 'world adventure' plays) sonic jumps on to the tornado and into the sunset/rise. (idk if this is really changing the story)

Edited by Dark Motor

I would take out all the dialogue from the games and replace it with Stephen Fry reading classic novels.

One thing that just popped into my head after seeing this topic...I'd change the ending to Adventure, or rather I'd extend it.

After Perfect Chaos is defeated, Sonic stays Super for a while longer while Tikal and Chaos disappear as usual. Tails says his line 'All's well that ends well, right?' but then Robotnik bursts through the ruins after escaping The Egg Carrier 2's crash in a mad rampage and full of fury in a giant mech as a last ditch effort to take over Station Square as he now see's it a much easier task seeing as it's already in ruins. Robots are immediately dispensed across Station Square and start work on the city to turn it into 'RobotnikLand'. Robotnik flies off in his giant mech and Super Sonic goes after him, then commences an arial final boss battle between Super Sonic and Robotnik above Station Sqaure as you watch below you it slowly getting teared down and re-built as 'RobotnikLand'.

06: Have Sonic actually have some story relevance, same with Tails and Knuckles if they're gonna be there. Even Omega did more than both of those. And as for Sonic... he just runs around after Elise and then he finally gets story involvement in last where he gets KILLED IN A REALLY SHOCKING CUTSCENE. Sonic meeting Mephiles would have worked quite well as Sonic is more calm in this game and Mephiles would probably try to rile him up.

Unleashed: Eggman takes control of Dark Gaia or some shit like that.

SA2: Shadow dies and stays dead. Make the story relevant to Sonic and not Shadow. Take Tails out of that dang mech. Lighten up the atoryline so that it wasn't so dark and serious.

Heroes: Drop the whole "teamwork" deal and just let it be a solo Sonic game. Also, keep Metal Sonic from sucking , make him keep the classic-styled design, and make it where you race him. And double plot twist; you think it was Metal Sonics plan all along, when you find out it was Eggman decieving Sonic to think Metal rebelled, so while Sonic chased down Metal, Eggman progressed to take over the world.

Shadow: Since Shadow died, SHtH never happened.

Nextgen: instead of wasting time on a human character with terrible development, replace Elise with Blaze and set the story in her world *coughcoughSonicxBlaze??coughcough* Tone down the realism. Make it more lighthearted like Unleashed, and make Sonics story the main focus. Eggman takes over Solaris for the final boss battle. Shadow wouldn't be in it, since he DIED. Knuckles would stay protecting the Master Emerald, while Tails would tag along with Sonic. Unleashed character designs for everybody. don't make that "revive Sonic" bit so cheesy. Since it would be Blaze instead of Elise, she could just follow Sonic rather than be carried everywhere. Make Silver not as important, remove the rest of the unnecessary characters, remove Mephiles and give Eggman the ability to "kill" Sonic. Remove the "it never happened" bit, just make it where Sonic can't go back to Blazes dimension (except every once in a while).

Unleashed: Replace Chip with Tails, remove Dark Gaia, make it where all Sonic has to do is restore the broken planet, and Eggman gets mad and fights you ad the final boss. And no Werehog.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sonic Adventure 2 would not be about Shadow and his angst. I don't care how much amnesia he has, it's still not anything new or interesting. It's basically the plot to Metal Gear Solid... only boring.

Instead, Robotnik wants to restart the Death Egg, which is still in orbit at this time... and it's not like we ever saw it leave orbit. Really, if I go any farther, I start to feel like a fanfic author.

I would have a game like the first Sonic and MegaDrive in 3D and have a hub so you can walk around the town of Mobious and interact with other animals. No humans just as it was in the MegaDrive seires.

There's really only one thing I'd change, and that's the memory-erasing device at the end of Next-Gen. I found that to be a cheap and lazy way to dodge away from the plotholes that the game had. It didn't make that much sense to me at all.

Other than that, I'm fine with the rest, even the "gimmick" characters and transformations.

I would replace Blaze with a new female character in Sonic 06, since I don't believe it was really supposed to be her anyway. I think they just wanted to stick her there because she was a popular new character.

Sonic '06 - Get rid of SonicXElise, and every copy of the game as well.

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - Get rid of the whole thing about the Babylon Rogues being from outer space.

Sonic and the Secret Rings - Get rid of that stupid-ass ending.

Sonic and the Black Knight - I'd personally change the entire storyline. One of the worst storylines in Sonic history.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Sonic '06 - Get rid of SonicXElise, and every copy of the game as well.

The Sonlise plotline isn't that big of a deal. It ain't like Sonic was really in love in her, which he wasn't. SHE was in love with him. The problem was the execution. Sonic's part of the plot was repetitive, and Elise was viewed as a damsel-in-distress (even though there were a couple of twists to make it not a total cliché).

And be careful about "removing every copy of the game." There are people who do like Next Gen.

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - Get rid of the whole thing about the Babylon Rogues being from outer space.
Can't comment, haven't seen the plot.

Sonic and the Secret Rings - Get rid of that stupid-ass ending.
Cheesy, possibly, but it's not "stupid." It fit Sonic's character, and Shahra had underwent a lot of trauma prior to the ending.

Sonic and the Black Knight - I'd personally change the entire storyline. One of the worst storylines in Sonic history.
The storyline fit because it was a storybook game. The storyline was based off a classic tale while adding some flavor to make it unique to the Sonic series. And if you ask me, it was one of the most well-written storylines in the Modern Sonic Era. Great characterization, a balance of humor and drama,

and a well-written plot twist that almost NO ONE saw coming.

If you make claims like Black Knight as "one of the worst storylines in Sonic history," explain why. Don't make a claim without backing it up!

I would have liked if Shadow had stayed dead a little longer. I was all like:NOES! THADAOW DIED! Sonic Heroes? "I'm back and getting ready for more angst!" It was instantaneos and really took away from his death.

I would have totally ERASED the WereHog and Chip from Sonic Unleashed; between them, they completely ruined an otherwise enjoyable game, and the idiot who came up with the two moronic ideas should be given a harsh bitch-slap for his crimes against the series.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Whats up with pretty much every post against Unleashed was rated negative (Mostly Lounge's. I thought his post were good so I upped them :D).

Anyway:

-Delete everything after SA2

- If Shadow must be brought back, do it better than in Heroes

- Same with Omega and the Chaotix Crew (Them I want in)

- Make the humor like in Sonic Adventure. That game had some funny lines (Sonic: Hey, look a giant talking Egg!)

- From "maturity" level go towards the Sonic Adventure Series. I think they captured the flair of the classic the best (Yes, better than Heroes. IMO it doesn't capture the flair of the classic so great)

- Make them not have different voices all of a sudden (Yeah, I want the SA/2 VA's back. Atleast where its possible)

I would take the Sonic Rush games out of the canon. That way, we wouldn't have this huge (EDIT – Inflammatory -T)-up that we do now, with two Blaze's and Nega's or whatever the hell people think these days. The way I see it, there are two games that use the Alternate Dimension idea (Sonic Rush & Rush Adventure), and THREE that use the time travel idea (Sonic 2006, Sonic Rivals 1 & 2). Thus I'm inclined to believe in the Time Traveling Nega back story more than the alt. dimension version. Besides, I hate when Sonic 2006 haters try to negate the story from the canon just because it technically didn't happen; it brought Silver to the current timeline, if nothing else.

Edit- LOL, inflammatory.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

The alternate dimension makes more sense, though. Because of the Sol Emeralds and how they react with the Chaos Emeralds. Anyways 06' is taken out anyway (I think) and Rivals never seemed important enough.

The alternate dimension makes more sense, though. Because of the Sol Emeralds and how they react with the Chaos Emeralds. Anyways 06' is taken out anyway (I think) and Rivals never seemed important enough.

Except making the Sonic Rush series non-canon (as I'd wished to change) would make the sol emeralds a non-factor. And it is only your opinion that the alt. dimension makes more sense.

I know. But without the Sol-Emeralds Blaze also loses her backstory as the guardian princess and stuff. Burning Blaze would also be gone (Or would just change to it with the Chaos E., but I think Sol E. transforming her to Burning Blaze makes more sense, because of "Sol")

Anyways, IMO Rushs had better stories then atleat Rivals (haven't played 2) and '06.