Awoo.

What forgotten Sonic characters should be brought back

BlueBlur360

I still don't understand the Nack/ Fang change, really. Changing 'the Sniper' to 'the Weasel' I can see, but why Fang to Nack?

And furthermore, why is should that be anything significant to care about? It's the same character regardless which of the two labels he has.

And furthermore, why is should that be anything significant to care about? It's the same character regardless which of the two labels he has.

Tell that to the Eggman/Robotnik people.

Seeing how the comics are doing it, why not bring Fang, Bark, and Bean as a team? I mean they even could correspond to the triple threat.

Sonic=Fang

Knuckles=Bark

Tails=Bean

They would make an awesome "Quirky Mini-boss Squad" hired by Eggman.

Yes. Very yes. Make this happen. I love Quirky Mini-boss Squads. Either this or Orbot, Cubot and Metal Sonic Or hell, bring back Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll. The series needs more villains, and instead of making a silly looking new guy, just bring back some old ones. Theres too many good guys and anti heroes. We need more evil in here that arent robots or giant anicent monsters of doom.

Oh and Tikal. Bring back Tikal.

Seeing how the comics are doing it, why not bring Fang, Bark, and Bean as a team? I mean they even could correspond to the triple threat.

Sonic=Fang

Knuckles=Bark

Tails=Bean

They would make an awesome "Quirky Mini-boss Squad" hired by Eggman.

Switch Bark and Bean and I'd really like it.

Mainly because it just seems totally and absolutely pointless?

Switch Bark and Bean and I'd really like it.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the characters to fight the person corresponding to their abilities, though it would be interesting to see Tails take out someone who a thousand times stronger than him.

What??? Why? That doesn't make sense...

Sure it does.

Why does Knuckles always have to fight the big strong guys?

Sure it does.

Why does Knuckles always have to fight the big strong guys?

Because he's a super strong guy? Tails wouldn't stand a chance against Bark. Not to mention Bean would be able to fly since he's a duck whereas Bark could not, so he makes a better match for Tails.

Because he's a super strong guy? Tails wouldn't stand a chance against Bark. Not to mention Bean would be able to fly since he's a duck whereas Bark could not, so he makes a better match for Tails.

Well who's to say Tails can't outsmart Bark, and win strategically, same for Bean and Knuckles, it doesn't take much to outsmart Knuckles, and I'm pretty sure Bean can do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

But isn't it much more interesting to put the characters against someone they have a disadvantage against? So that they really have to give it their all?

None, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream(Maybe, if she has some use later on), Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot are the only characters that should stay. Shadow wouldn't work unless the Sonic Colors; writers return and find a way to make him bring in humor, Sonic could make fun of how he's such a downer, or Shadow has to sneak into a carnival dressed as a clown to steal a Chaos Emerald.

• Bad Quality Post 3

The two characters that I think they should bring back are Fang and Bean.

Since Fang is a bounty hunter, he could make different kinds of strategies as to how he will accomplish whatever task he is given, and I think that could lead to many creative scenarios. As for Bean, I've always seen this character as a very comical cartoony character (which is saying a lot considering the fact that they're all basically cartoon characters anyway), so I think that he could be used for comedy purposes, and seeing how they're making the stories in the games less serious now, I think that Bean could fit in.

None, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream(Maybe, if she has some use later on), Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot are the only characters that should stay.

Not to pick on you, but I just wanna say I detest this mentality with a burning passion. Boring as all hell if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to pick on you, but I just wanna say I detest this mentality with a burning passion. Boring as all hell if you ask me.

Same here, why do people think only a certain number of characters deserve to be in a game? Its annoying.

But isn't it much more interesting to put the characters against someone they have a disadvantage against? So that they really have to give it their all?

When they're matched, it makes them give it their all as well. Look at Sonic Adventure 2. Tails and Eggman matched IQs. Sonic and Shadow matched speed. Knuckles and Rouge matched fighting skills. And yet none of them could TRULY win.

Same here, why do people think only a certain number of characters deserve to be in a game? Its annoying.

Because characters like Shadow and Silver are pretty much useless with the direction Sonic games are going now, I don't expect a Sonic Adventure 2 plot and don't want it, Sonic Colors' plot and story telling will most likely be the best just because it uses the combination of Sonic Unleashed's and the Classic's light story and humor. I was talking to Mike Pollock and he told me he really likes the lines in Sonic Colors. Mighty, Ray, or any other old character returning would be the same as making a new character, why? they have no personality.

Because characters like Shadow and Silver are pretty much useless with the direction Sonic games are going now,
No they aren't. Neither character requires dark storylines to be useful.

Tails Doll.

What? I'm so serious. I love the Tails Doll. He's adorable.

Fuck your Mighty.

Fuck your Fang/Nack

And especially fuck your Metal Knuckles (one dumb ass Knuckles is good enough).

Tails Doll by all means.

....maybe Bean. I like his bombs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Because characters like Shadow and Silver are pretty much useless with the direction Sonic games are going now, I don't expect a Sonic Adventure 2 plot and don't want it, Sonic Colors' plot and story telling will most likely be the best just because it uses the combination of Sonic Unleashed's and the Classic's light story and humor. I was talking to Mike Pollock and he told me he really likes the lines in Sonic Colors. Mighty, Ray, or any other old character returning would be the same as making a new character, why? they have no personality.

Where was the humor in the classics?

When they're matched, it makes them give it their all as well. Look at Sonic Adventure 2. Tails and Eggman matched IQs. Sonic and Shadow matched speed. Knuckles and Rouge matched fighting skills. And yet none of them could TRULY win.

Ok, maybe I worded it wrong. Let's say Tails is fighting against Bark. He's getting whooped because he is much weaker. So he must use every bit of his wit to beat him, because his strength alone probably won't help him much. It would be nice to see the characters go into unknown waters.

Knuckles on the other hand would have use his intelligence. So he has to use something else than his usual skills. Bean seems like he would be intelligent and would have Knuckles wrapped around his finger. So Knuckles would have to come up with a plan to trick Bean.

I believe One Piece movie 4 did something similar. It had Sanji go up against a sword fighter and Zoro go up against a martial artist. Both were in unknown territories and had to adapt.

Ok, maybe I worded it wrong. Let's say Tails is fighting against Bark. He's getting whooped because he is much weaker. So he must use every bit of his wit to beat him, because his strength alone probably won't help him much. It would be nice to see the characters go into unknown waters.

Knuckles on the other hand would have use his intelligence. So he has to use something else than his usual skills. Bean seems like he would be intelligent and would have Knuckles wrapped around his finger. So Knuckles would have to come up with a plan to trick Bean.

I believe One Piece movie 4 did something similar. It had Sanji go up against a sword fighter and Zoro go up against a martial artist. Both were in unknown territories and had to adapt.

Meant to put a coma, I was saying Sonic Colors has humor, not the classics.

No they aren't. Neither character requires dark storylines to be useful.

Actually, with the direction Sonic Team writers took Shadow and Silver, it would be out of character for them not to be dark. There's no denying that Shadow was a concept that went wrong, what meant to be a Dark Sonic became the ultimate lifeform that wields guns.

Edited by SuperClassic

Just because Shadow has a dark outlook doesn't mean, he can't be in a lighthearted game, case in point HEROES, BATTLE those games are no where near as dark as SA2, or 06 and Shadow fitted in those two games just fine, so that whole "Shadow doesn't fit in a lighthearted story" crap is bull.

It could be said with Sonic and Fang too, most of Sonic's rivals fight him head on(Knuckles, Shadow) But because Fang doesn't seem like the close combat type it would make for some interesting boss fights.

Just because Shadow has a dark outlook doesn't mean, he can't be in a lighthearted game, case in point HEROES, BATTLE those games are no where near as dark as SA2, or 06 and Shadow fitted in those two games just fine, so that whole "Shadow doesn't fit in a lighthearted story" crap is bull.

It could be said with Sonic and Fang too, most of Sonic's rivals fight him head on(Knuckles, Shadow) But because Fang doesn't seem like the close combat type it would make for some interesting boss fights.

Everyone was bland as hell in Heroes and all Shadow did in Heroes was hang out with a trash can that looks like Gamma and some bat that likes treasure. The plot of Heroes can go on without Shadow, the plot of SA2 can't. And Sonic Battle was a bad fighter that shouldn't of been on the Gameboy Advance of all systems, and once again, lacked characters with real personality. Shadow can be in a light hearted game, he'll just seem as though he has no purpose.

Heroes set up the plot for Shadow's game, so what are you talking about. Shadow had amnesia, and sought out Eggman for the answers, at the end he discovers he may or may not be an android, something which is brought up again in Shadow's game, where his storyline his concluded. Rouge was hunting down Treasure its what she does, its no different than Knuckles guarding the M.E. or Sonic stopping Eggman.

Battle explained why Shadow looks like Sonic, and shows a connection between him and Emerl, that's pretty relevant if you ask me, get your facts straight before you post.

Why don't you switch them all then? Why did you only swap Bark and Bean?

@SuperClassicFanboy: An evil genius keeps trying to take over the world. I'd say that is dark enough for Shadow to be included. I'm tired of "Eggman tries to take over the world, Sonic stops him, the end." I want something with more depth, which can only be accomplished with more characters. I'd say Sonic Adventure 2 does a great job of this, with SA being close behind. Sonic 06 is an arguable point, since some people despise the story (and most despise the game itself), but even so, that game showed that Shadow isn't all angsty like he used to be. He has friends and he's willing to take whatever life throws at him.

And especially fuck your Metal Knuckles (one dumb ass Knuckles is good enough).

You just can't handle his awesomeness colbert.png

• Thumbs Up 2