Awoo.

What forgotten Sonic characters should be brought back

BlueBlur360

So even if it makes perfect sense, it doesn't matter unless Sega says so? Oh, and I'm guessing once Sega says so, you'll rip them a new one because you don't like their explanation, right? >_<

Well if it's poorly done, yeah. I mean who really wants a half-assed explaination for a character to be around?

Only problem here would be that half-assing it in this case would be the same as not trying. It's not really that hard to come up with an explaination other than "Eggman is causing trouble" for someone like Knuckles to get involved, but at the same time the conflict going on should justify leaving the M.E. unguarded. He doesn't need to be around for every threat that goes on.

What the hell? I'm sure if I said I hated Big or Shadow or some other character this fanbase seems to have mixed feelings about, no one would be on my case. But as soon as you say you don't like Knuckles people proceed to get on your case. I simply DO NOT LIKE him. Prior to Sonic Heroes, where all of this personality left and he became the lackey. Prior to the Adventure Era where he had this amazing back story and some character development. I HAVE NEVER LIKED KNUCKLES. I dislike him as a character. I don't care if he can glide, punch Chaos Emeralds out of Sonic, or destroy a Sonic robot powered on the Master Emerald's energy.

That last one isn't even that significant. Sure Knuckles demolished this robot, but he doesn't go defeat Eggman who made the robot. No, Sonic and Tails do that. Considering, that Robotnik made a total fool of Knuckles he SHOULD have gone after him as well. Just saying...

Yes I know he's never going to be scrapped because he has this large following that I can't get with. I can live with that. My animosity isn't as serious you guys think. I'll always hate Big and those fucking birds from Sonic Riders WAY more. I can say some good things about him, but the bad easily outweighs the good. I mean... I'm not hating just to hate or because he's popular. Don't like Knuckles. Sorry guys. I just DON'T.

You hate Big?

Suspicious%20Face.jpg

That last one isn't even that significant. Sure Knuckles demolished this robot, but he doesn't go defeat Eggman who made the robot. No, Sonic and Tails do that. Considering, that Robotnik made a total fool of Knuckles he SHOULD have gone after him as well. Just saying...

I don't care if you don't like him, but just to say, Knuckles story in Sonic 3 & Knuckles takes place after Sonic's, so Eggman was defeated, so he had no reason to. Egg Robo was attacking him the whole time. Eggman was long gone.

Oh, I don't really care that you hate Knuckles. Only thing I took issue with was that it appears to cloud your judgment of Metal Knuckles but hey, you're entitled to that and it's cool :)

So even if it makes perfect sense, it doesn't matter unless Sega says so? Oh, and I'm guessing once Sega says so, you'll rip them a new one because you don't like their explanation, right? >_<
Oh come on, don't pull this shit.

If the explanation is stupid or poorly done, then yes, I wouldn't like it, and I'd probably complain about it. As I would do with anything that I felt was done poorly. But if they do it even passably (it doesn't even have to be good), then I'd be fine with it.

And I don't think I'm unreasonable for asking for it to be mentioned. I mean, am I wrong to say, no matter how good a theory is, it is not to be taken as fact until it's confirmed by the games or their creators? All I want is for them to confirm something, so it isn't just hanging out there unanswered as it has been for the past decade.

If the explanation is stupid or poorly done, then yes, I wouldn't like it, and I'd probably complain about it. As I would do with anything that I felt was done poorly. But if they do it even passably (it doesn't even have to be good), then I'd be fine with it.

And I don't think I'm unreasonable for asking for it to be mentioned. I mean, am I wrong to say, no matter how good a theory is, it is not to be taken as fact until it's confirmed by the games or their creators? All I want is for them to confirm something, so it isn't just hanging out there unanswered as it has been for the past decade.

You are correct as long as the possibility exists of them writing something to the contrary of said theory.

Not if you're asking for it to be mentioned as fact. But if you won't even roll with it until we get a better explanation, then you're being unreasonable. I mean you're complaining that there's seemingly no reason for it, and then when possible explanations are given, you prefer to continue complaining instead.

But if you won't even roll with it until we get a better explanation, then you're being unreasonable.
How do you expect me to "roll with it"; to pretend there isn't a problem when I think there is? Knuckles' character sucks now, in part because of this. I want that fixed, and it's not going to happen by ignoring it.

I mean you're complaining that there's seemingly no reason for it, and then when possible explanations are given, you prefer to continue complaining instead.
I'm complaining that the games have never given a reason. I'm well aware that there are valid potential reasons, but they don't mean shit until the games confirm one as true.

But Knuckles' character does not suck and I feel you are making this one thing into too big of an issue just because Sega hasn't told us which of the MANY potential reasons is true! You know there's a reason, so why are you still complaining? It just doesn't make any sense to me!

But Knuckles' character does not suck
I disagree.

You know there's a reason, so why are you still complaining?
No, I don't know that there's a reason. I know there are many potential reasons, created by fans. But Sega, Sonic Team, the games, have not offered even one explanation, so I have no way of knowing if they've ever come up with a reason, and no reason to assume that they have. Do you understand the difference between what is fact and what is fanfiction?

What the hell? I'm sure if I said I hated Big or Shadow or some other character this fanbase seems to have mixed feelings about, no one would be on my case. But as soon as you say you don't like Knuckles people proceed to get on your case. I simply DO NOT LIKE him.

Um, I was clearly joking around just to let you know. Concerning Knuckles, it's no different if you were to hate Shadow, and I just so happen to prefer the latter more than the former.

And I thought just about everyone else was joking too. It would be a different story if people got onto you for hating Knuckles because he's a classic character, and I would've jumped on their asses as well were that the case.

But Knuckles' character does not suck

Yes it does. Only ones who don't suck are Sonic and Eggman.

and I feel you are making this one thing into too big of an issue just because Sega hasn't told us which of the MANY potential reasons is true! You know there's a reason, so why are you still complaining? It just doesn't make any sense to me!

Because a lot of reasons Knuckles has for being around can very well be combated by reasons why he shouldn't be around.

For example, Knuckles being around to help stop Eggman. I mean, really, Cream of all characters could be around to stop Eggman, and we know she's not necessary to do so so why should Knuckles? And why should it take priority over his guardian duties when it could very well be handled without him?

But on the other hand, you have Eggman cracking the world into several pieces. Something like that is enough to get the whole cast involved to help fix the planet; the way the planet's fragments were protruding from the core, who knows how that could've affected his home.

Really, all we're saying is to give a passable explaination to justify him shrugging his guardian duties. If it's good and matches the threat, that keeps us from questioning it. Otherwise, it's asking for criticism.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

People bitch and whine about having no explanation for Knuckles' appearances.

And yet I guarantee if you ever got one, you'd still bitch and whine about it not being up to your standards.

Fuck all of you. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Fuck me? Yeah, because I actually give a shit about a character's motivation. That I actually want the series to have decent writing instead of a nonsensical mess. Fuck me, alright.

There seems to be an argument going on here what happened.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care if you don't like him, but just to say, Knuckles story in Sonic 3 & Knuckles takes place after Sonic's, so Eggman was defeated, so he had no reason to. Egg Robo was attacking him the whole time. Eggman was long gone.

Holy shit. :blink: I always thought it was at the same time!

Um, I was clearly joking around just to let you know. Concerning Knuckles, it's no different if you were to hate Shadow, and I just so happen to prefer the latter more than the former.

And I thought just about everyone else was joking too. It would be a different story if people got onto you for hating Knuckles because he's a classic character, and I would've jumped on their asses as well were that the case.

My bad. I'm not good at seeing when things are meant to be taken lightly. I'll stop bitching. It ain't needed.

People bitch and whine about having no explanation for Knuckles' appearances.

It's no worse than people bitching or whining about Shadow appearing, explanation or no.

Only difference is that we actually care about the character we're whining about...well, except for eboni. I mean, why should I take anything less than decent for the characters I like?

And yet I guarantee if you ever got one, you'd still bitch and whine about it not being up to your standards.

Fuck all of you. This is why we can't have nice things.

It can't be nice if I never found it nice to begin with. ;)

Really, I only have two standards for Knuckles' appearances:

-An explanation be given for why he's away from the Master Emerald

-if said explanation matches the threat

Now that's not asking for much, is it? If they can't pull those two simple things off decently, then they're not even trying.

I

Really, I only have two standards for Knuckles' appearances:

-An explanation be given for why he's away from the Master Emerald

-if said explanation matches the threat

Apparently not, seeing how he's in the DS version of Colors.

Apparently not, seeing how he's in the DS version of Colors.

Colors is the exception where an explanation wouldn't be needed due to a galactic-wide threat from Eggman. It wouldn't matter which character got involved as the threat alone could justify the entire cast to be around. Heck, the explanation is the threat itself.

Colors is the exception where an explanation wouldn't be needed due to a galactic-wide threat from Eggman. It wouldn't matter which character got involved as the threat alone could justify the entire cast to be around. Heck, the explanation is the threat itself.

Yes it does. Only ones who don't suck are Sonic and Eggman.

This alone makes me take everything you said as a joke XP

EDIT: Oh, and by the way guys...this should never degrade to "fuck you" or any variation thereof. While I agreed with the point made in the post where that came up, I feel none of this should be made personal. We are discussing our opinions on a video game for crying out loud. Yes, it gets heated at times. But at the end of the day, everyone here deserves the same amount of respect until they reach the point of actually hating anyone else in the thread. These other posters that I've been arguing with about Knuckles for the past page or two? I'm sure they're great people and I respect that they have different opinions. I'm sure that doesn't always come through in my posts, but I think no less of them despite how fiercely I disagree with them in regards to Knuckles. I think everyone else should take the same approach.

Edited by SSBA51

This alone makes me take everything you said as a joke XP

Well think again, because I wasn't joking when I said that.

Really, there are very few members of the cast who's character is any good, but Knuckles, as of now, is not one of them until they start handling him decently.

And from where I look at it, they barely have. Only recent game where he was done decently would be SatBK if we're going to count that. Otherwise, if we're looking at just mainstream titles, the odds are not in Knuckles favor.

I mean Shadow is my favorite character next to Sonic, but even he sucks as of now because of said handling.

Well I completely disagree. However, I do not feel I can respectfully continue because when I see the argument "Sonic and Eggman are the only good characters" I shut down. At that point I'm usually talking to classic fanboys. I know you are not, but in order to not treat you like one, I'll need to just let this one go.

I might be the first to say this, but I don't hate any Sonic character except for a few in Archie(fuck Sally). The thing is that what makes them a character can't be half-assed and really left to interpretation. Knuckles spent his whole life guarding the Master Emerald and that in a sense made his character. So yes, he has to have a reason to why he is leaving the Master Emerald. I mean he took this duty so seriously that even a mere utterance of a threat, he would take action against it.

The same could be said about Big. He loves to fish because he is so goddamn GAR and made of aweseome sauce. On a more serious note, Big can't just tag along because unlike Sonic and Tails, he lacks the mental capacity or the resources to even care about what Eggman is doing. His simple minded tendencies and his unparrelled carefree attitude only makes him stumble on events. I mean look at SA. He just wanted to help his buddy. So he fished for the damn thing time and time again until he eventually found himself on the damn Egg Carrier. He wasn't trying to stop Eggman. He wasn't trying to save the world. It was all a series of unfortunate events for the sexy lump of purple fur.

So yes, context is important and is essentially a "catch-22" for characters because if Knuckles just left Angel Island just to tag along with Sonic, it would ruin a lot of his character. It has been stated time and time again that Sonic is the wind and Knuckles is the mountain in terms of personality. Yes, Knuckles envies Sonic's freedom, but his discipline doesn't permit him to be an explorer. Plus, Angel Island is stupidly huge so he has plenty of land to go adventuring on.

Bring back Bean.

Well I completely disagree. However, I do not feel I can respectfully continue because when I see the argument "Sonic and Eggman are the only good characters" I shut down. At that point I'm usually talking to classic fanboys. I know you are not, but in order to not treat you like one, I'll need to just let this one go.