Awoo.

What forgotten Sonic characters should be brought back

BlueBlur360

Huh. Fair enough, then.

I still prefer to think of her as an alternate Cream, though. ;)

That's the beauty of picking the characters apart like this. If you can defend it, then you are more than entitled to your opinion. :lol:

That's the beauty of picking the characters apart like this. If you can defend it, then you are more than entitled to your opinion. :lol:

To be fair, I don't mind Cream being Close to Blaze, but that leaves Amy no one to talk too.

If we're talking about dimensional counterparts, I've always thought that Marine kind of works as an alternative Rouge. Sure, she's a sort-of sidekick and sort-of inventor like Tails and.... a girl?... like Cream, but she also shares Rouge's obsession with treasure and her tendency to annoy the local Knuckles analogue. I'll chalk up any other differences in personality to Marine being so much younger than Rouge... actually, I can very easily imagine a young Rouge being as hyperactive and enthusiastic as Marine but slowly becoming the manipulative bitch we know and love as she grew up and realized how much the world sucks. A lesson Marine never needed to learn, I guess, since Sonic was there to take her on an adventure before her spirit was crushed under the weight of her inability to realize her dreams.

Er, right? It’s not just me, right?

Edited by Octarine

If we're talking about dimensional counterparts, I've always thought that Marine kind of works as an alternative Rouge. Sure, she's a sort-of sidekick and sort-of inventor like Tails and.... a girl?... like Cream, but she also shares Rouge's obsession with treasure and her tendency to annoy the local Knuckles analogue. I'll chalk up any other differences in personality to Marine being so much younger than Rouge... actually, I can very easily imagine a young Rouge being as hyperactive and enthusiastic as Marine but slowly becoming the manipulative bitch we know and love as she grew up and realized how much the world sucks. A lesson Marine never needed to learn, I guess, since Sonic was there to take her on an adventure before her spirit was crushed under the weight of her inability to realize her dreams.

I haven't played in a while, but wasn't her liking to get treasure, more of a "love for adventure" type thing?

Nack(Fang) and Mighty and Ray.

Also, Sally, I know she only appeared on Sonic Spinball and that was like back in the 90s, I think Sega should make her appeared in another game, with the color she is now in the comics. What I mean is that on Sonic Spinball she was pink and have no blue vest.

Nack(Fang) and Mighty and Ray.

Also, Sally, I know she only appeared on Sonic Spinball and that was like back in the 90s, I think Sega should make her appeared in another game, with the color she is now in the comics. What I mean is that on Sonic Spinball she was pink and have no blue vest.

Sally is a comic character, not a game character that's why. Especially since theres no group of Free Fighters on Sonic's world in the games.

Sally is a comic character, not a game character that's why. Especially since theres no group of Free Fighters on Sonic's world in the games.

Thats true.

Hey, I just have a idea about Nack. Sega should bring Nack back, but make him act like Waluigi. They both are purple anyway.

Thats true.

Hey, I just have a idea about Nack. Sega should bring Nack back, but make him act like Waluigi. They both are purple anyway.

Ya know, I can see that working, make Nack into a joke who isn't taken seriously, that could totally work.

Um...no thanks.

I'm more in the opinion that Nack should be annoying and conniving and somewhat of a threat. A nickname like Fang the Sniper is too badass to have him be a joke character.

Considering he wasn't much of threat in the comics, why should he get special treatment in the games.

Earlier today I was thinking "what the f happened to Bark and Bean", but then I realized how similar Jet looks compared to Bean. Old news, but I just caught on:

jetbean.jpg

Not only that, but considering Bean was about as much an original Sonic character as a Flicky, with his appearance pre-dating Sonic by three years in Dynamite Dux and his official appearance being a creation of AM2, not Sonic Team, I'm cool with Bean staying in the past.

Bark, on the other hand, needs to return! Chaotix returned sans Mighty, so why can't Bark return sans Bean?

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Considering he wasn't much of threat in the comics, why should he get special treatment in the games.

I'd challenge that, the guy was still cold-blooded, and a tricky force to be reckoned with. He sniped Sonic from a far while he was taking on the rest of the Destructix; considering how fast the Blue Blur tends to move in a fight, it's amazing how he got a shot of the well known hero standing still when he struck from a distance and without Sonic knowing he was around. He got his ass handed to him every time, but he's not one to turn your back on for a split second.

And what special treatment are you talking about? The only thing I said is for him not to be a joke character and to be somewhat of a threat, he's too good and has too much potential to have that as a major role.

Maybe as a side villain, but he's not Big Bad material.

Maybe as a side villain, but he's not Big Bad material.

Shadic93, you're jumping to conclusions too damn quick if you think I was talking about him being Big Bad material.

I really can't see how you pulled that out of him simply being seen as a threat than as a joke.

Bark, on the other hand, needs to return! Chaotix returned sans Mighty, so why can't Bark return sans Bean?

ACTUALLY...

Bean arguably indirectly returned as Jet... in the same fashion that Bark has arguably indirectly returned as Norman, yup! (Okay admittedly they look nothing alike - but hey, they're both polar bears, yup!)

normanandbark.jpg

Norman's cool. eh is a bear Viking water sports fan and doesn't afraid of giant robotic whales, yup.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if Bark and Bean themselves actually made their Sonic Team game debut in a future title. Same goes for all of the "forgotten" old cast members from Aspect and SEGA AM2/AM3's past outings, yup!

Edited by HunterTSF

I'm saying he should be a side villain, for someone like Knuckles to handle under robotnik's payroll. That's what I meant.

It's really hard to read that from words such as "Make Nack a joke who isn't taken seriously."

At face value, that seems to say to make him a joke character.

It's really hard to read that from words such as "Make Nack a joke who isn't taken seriously."

At face value, that seems to say to make him a joke character.

Ok maybe those weren't the right words, he can be a "Goldfish PooP person" pretty the guy who comes around to make Sonic's life more difficult than it needs to be. Its trope btw.

I'd love to see Mighty again, the only problem is that these days he'd just come off as a blatant Sonic clone. What set him apart from Sonic in Knuckles Chaotix was the wall jump, but now Sonic has that, too. So Mighty would need some sort of signature move, like what flying and wall-climbing are to Tails and Knuckles.

And I can't think of squat. Anyone else have ideas?

ACTUALLY...

Bean arguably indirectly returned as Jet... in the same fashion that Bark has arguably indirectly returned as Norman, yup! (Okay admittedly they look nothing alike - but hey, they're both polar bears, yup!)

normanandbark.jpg

Norman's cool. eh is a bear Viking water sports fan and doesn't afraid of giant robotic whales, yup.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if Bark and Bean themselves actually made their Sonic Team game debut in a future title. Same goes for all of the "forgotten" old cast members from Aspect and SEGA AM2/AM3's past outings, yup!

Aw hell no! That crappy bear has nothing on Bark!

Much in the same way Jet isn't Bean. I love Jet I also love Bean, if they kept the personality that Bean shows in the comics there is NO WAY anyone could get the two mixed up. Jet is a more jerkish cockier version of Sonic, sort of like a rival in terms of speed but rather than being aligned to the "bad" side I'd say Jet is neutral, not considered a good guy but still a jerk personality-wise. Bean is a messed up comedy character type, pretty much the "crazy" of the series, he'd be aligned to the "bad" side but still probably not be considered bad by usual standards. Jet is proud Bean is loooopy.

Give Bean a updated design and I think there is no confusion there.

I'd love to see Mighty again, the only problem is that these days he'd just come off as a blatant Sonic clone. What set him apart from Sonic in Knuckles Chaotix was the wall jump, but now Sonic has that, too. So Mighty would need some sort of signature move, like what flying and wall-climbing are to Tails and Knuckles.

And I can't think of squat. Anyone else have ideas?

I've said it before, I see Mighty using some type of sheild ability. Playing to his pacifist side it would work. Of course you can't have a pacifist do much fighting, hence if Mighty were to return I see him returning in a Sonic Heroes styled game where you can swap team members. Here's what I invision; Mighty has the ability to create limited shields (like those from the moniters in Sonic games)that protect the team from anything. You would swap to Mighty for particularly hard sections of the game where trying to ruin past or fight your way through would almost be impossible due the amoun of enemies and enemy fire. Other uses for this could be to traverse harsh conditions such as unpassable fire, across lava etcetera.

I think this ability really suits Mighty as it plays right to his pacifist side and also explains why he's an avdenturer having access to places others wouldn't be able to tread.