Awoo.

TSS: TSS’ 10th Anniversary Celebrations!

Dreadknux

20865.png&w=60&h=60&zc=1&ft=png

800px-SSS_SONIC65-300x225.png

10th.pngToday’s the day! The Sonic Stadium is now a whopping ten years old, and to celebrate we’re dedicating a whole week’s worth of information, media and stories from the website’s own history vaults! Stick around for those, including back catalogue updates (at laaaaaaaaast!) and some real archive building.

You might have also noticed by now that the site has had a redesign. Call it a new birthday suit as it enters its terrible teens. Site sections have now been incorporated into a menu just below the banner up there, and thanks to some wicked coding wizardry from Bmn the sections react to rollovers. As I said before, we’ll be working on getting some content up to fill up this new layout right away.

The banners themselves have been made especially for TSS’ big 1-0. Roarey Raccoon and syaming-li have both contributed awesome images to decorate the site with as we metaphorically bang lots of pots and pans about our age.

Another change is in the topbar, above the banner. Now you can see a live ticker of the songs and LiVECASTs that are airing on SEGASonic Radio. Take a look now. Go on. That’s what’s playing right now. It’s a good song, isn’t it? Click the green icon to launch a popup window that will allow you to listen to the station and chat with friends at the same time. Noice.

Sidebars will be customised for each section of the website – the functionality of this is still being ironed out, so be aware that we’re updating the design on the right hand side all the time to make it look much cooler. If you have any ideas for quicklinks that you want to see on the sidebar in a particular section – latest updates to game pages, most commented on articles, that sort of thing – then do get in touch.

(By the way, if you’re seeing icons and sidebar links to a website called SEGADriven, that’s because it is the latest addition to our network of websites – run by Lewis Clark, formerly of Sonic Yoda. Go and check out his site, it’s awesome! Plus, you can use the same account you use to comment on TSS to post your thoughts on SEGADriven, so what are you waiting for? Pepper his website with comments!)

And of course, if you want to send in anything to celebrate TSS’ 10th, then you can do so by sending your works to dreadknux@gmail.com.

I hope my website has been entertaining and useful to you over the last decade, and I have no intentions of stopping either. To the future! Happy Birthday, TSS!

View the full article

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marcello

• Xnic

• Alex2Beta

• speedduelist

I must say that I was personally wowed by the intricacy and simplicity of the new site layout, and hope for many more fanbase-changing years of Sonic Stadium excellence; it truly has been a fabulous decade for all of us, I'm sure - hell, I wouldn't even still be a Sonic fan if it weren't for you guys!

Happy 10th Birthday TSS! I've been surfin this website from the days of old, and I can honestly say that it's my favorite Sonic resource. I may not be part of the community much anymore, or a staff member, but I'm always checking out how things are going. So congratulations to the whole lot of you, but especially Dread! Dedication doesn't come in a finer wrapper!

Here's to another 10!

This place is just awesome, in 2006 when I was searching for various sonic fan sites I found this...That time I hardly cared about forums, or even the whole site itself..But after a while I began lurking, hunting for info. And well yeh? This site is great.

Happy birthday, Sonic Stadium.

I been surfing this web site for 2 years to see the latest sonic news and I signed up only this year to Chat in one of the best sonic web site :)

Keep it up, Sonic Stadium :)

Edited by speedduelist

Happy late birthday! Love the new look, but I'll have to get used to the Forum button being in a different position :lol:

SSMB is my favorite community. Not only my favorite Sonic community, but my favorite community in general. People may say the Sonic fandom is terrible, but the people around here are all great.

There are things I'll never forget like the Project Needlemouse week, where we were all making fan arts, joining Facebook, Twitter etc. It was a great time. All of us were having ideas of what it would end up being, the forums were crashing.

Awesome new look to the site, Dread. Very neat and tidy!

I may not have been here long, but I can already call TSS my online second home. I've met so many wonderful people during my time here and been welcomed with open arms by all... One person's arms moreso than the others, heh! =3 Offline and on, I hold many happy memories of the times the Sonic community has given me. I had a really bad patch at the start of this year and it was the friends I have made here that made all the difference in helping me get through it. The sense of community here is overwhelmingly positive and I felt really privelidged to be able to help out on the staff side at Summer of Sonic this year. On behalf of everyone at Emerald Coast... Happy 10th, TSS. Here's to many years more!

Oh yeah... I drew a banner to celebrate the occasion. Sorry it's a bit late. Been busy with DtN and uni work. :)

Banner_TSS.jpg

Happy 10th, TSS! I really don't peruse the mainsite as much as I should (especially as I'm a proofreader/editor thing @_@), but I'm gonna get my skates on and really spend time catching up on the great articles posted there daily. I hope to maaaaybe some day be allowed to write an article or two myself for the site. It's a dream! But gotta prove myself first.

As for SSMB, well, everyone surely KNOWS that this forum is my home on the internet and that I can be found here day and night every day ♥ My most favourite spot on the internet fer realz! Keep it up Dred and all the amazing forum and TSS site and network staff - YOU ROCK! (:

PS: Everyone on the SSMB deserves a huge YOU ROCK too because a forum is nothing without its members! ^^

This made me realise that I don't really have a lot of memories from this sito other than posting and lol'ing once in a while...

Does that count? D:

Having said that, this is the only Sonic related forum where I post, it contains all the awesomeness of the Sonic fandom (and somehow it manages to keep all the BS from the SEGA forums the bad things away)...

(almost) Every single user here knows how to behave themselves, they know how treat you nicely (and harshly when we I deserve it), they know to laugh at somethings that other people would raeg, they accept all the opinions about some games no matter if the are good or bad.

They can talk about things that would get derailed into a bunch of BS (and therefore, trashed) in other forums, like how manly Big the cat is (and he is), how Marine deserves her own game, or make deep analysis about Sonic characters fisiology (without going to the point of becoming Sonic Passion).

This site (with the help from SEGA and Sonic Wrecks ;) ) makes a huge effort once a year to reunite all of the Sonic fans into one place, and share the love for the blue blur, if that's not awesome... stop lying to yourselves because that's awesome and you know it. :P

There are a lot more reasons about why I chose this site above all others but my memory (and english) is failing me...

So, happy birthday TSS! Hopefully I manage to have some memories (other than you being freaking awesome while I just post) next year. D:

EDIT: I ended up talking about SSMB rather than TSS... I fail...

Disclaimer, Retro and Wrecks are awesome too.

Edited by gato

*unlurks*

I remember looking up this new Sonic anime that we all know as Sonic X in 2003 and that lead me to TSS. I gotta admit, the way the site has evolved since then is pretty freaking impressive.

Without TSS, I wouldn't had met some pretty awesome people that I'm proud to call my friends, so here's to another 10 years! \o/

*goes back to lurking*

And to think that I've been here off and on for 6-7 of those 10 years. Crazy.

Congrats Dread, that's an impressive milestone!

Happy birthday, TSS! The site has given me the opportunity to meet many wonderful people and leave me with lots of memories, and I'm very thankful for that. Congrats on the 10 years, and here's to many more!

I really like the new look by the way, especially with the simple navigation.

Woo Happy birthday to TSS =D I really love the new site design much better than the old design :), I hope that site site will carry on for years to come :D.

Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread. And I really can't believe it's been ten years already.

I started visiting TSS back in June 2001, finally joining the SSMB on Nov 1, 2001, and it was some damn good times back then. I remember the party threads, the playful "flamewars", and just plain ol' fun. Hell, the old MB is still there (surprisingly as most ezBoards were toasted long time ago). That's one hell of a trip down memory lane.

I just hope that others have the same fun and have the same memories as I (and everybody else from then, I hope) did.

Happy 10th Birthday, TSS! And here's to ten more!

Happy belated birthday TSS =D

I've met quite a handful of people from TSS over the years, and I love all of them :3

Even though I mostly hang out in the IRC rather the post on the SSMB, I'm still grateful to site for being generally awesome since my arrival in 2006.

Thanks to everyone involved in the site, have a round on me ;D

I sent this picture to Dreadknux in a higher resolution already, but I thought, might aswell post it for everybody. Should´ve done that from the start actually, but making this picture took me a while and I didn´t really think things over very well by the time I did the last few touches. Anyway, here it is, hope you guys like it. :)

Who still wants it in a higher resolution: This takes ya straight to DevinatART

And with that, a rather late Happy Birthday TSS!! ;) To bad the cakes probably already gone! :angry:

TSS10thAnniversaryCongratsV2-800widhbyTobibrocki.jpg

Edited by Tobibrocki