Awoo.

Your Most Memorable Sonic Game

Guest -FourKaySix-

I appreciate all Sonic games (Yes, that includes Sonic 2006. No hating, please). But my most memorable games are:

Any of the 'classic' Sonic games (especially Sonic 2 and Sonic CD)

Sonic Adventure series

Sonic Advance series

Sonic Rush series (especially Sonic Rush Adventure)

Sonic Adventure 2.

I remember when I first saw it on the DC. I fell in love with it the instant I was handed the controller.

After my friend had moved away, I had gotten the game for Christmas on the Gamecube.

me and my pals would play it all the time, all day, and all night.

Then, after beating it 1,000x over, and mastering every level, including Green Hill, I discovered the Action Replay. xD

I loved putting Shadow in Sonic's levels, and doing all that other crazy stuff.

After I had moved out of my folks place, my GC had died on me, and I traded in all my games for cash at my local GameStop.

I'd do anything to play it, to hear the sounds, watch the story, and experience the whole game all over again.

it's my favorite Sonic game of all time.

Well for me, it's a toss up between my 2 fave Sonic games- Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure, but I think Sonic 2 does it for me. Why you ask? Because it's the game I remember playing most as a kid, heck, I even remember dreams I had of the zones from this game, which I dreamt when I was 6! So I guess that alone could explain why it's the most memorable for me.

The most memorable Sonic game for me would have to be Sonic 3 or Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic 3, because that was my very first Sonic game that I ever owned and it brings back a shit-ton of happy memories of my childhood. As does Sonic Adventure 2. The Chao Garden, I would spend hours apon hours taking care of an individual chao and play with them until they either died, or reicarnated. Oh... the memories. :')

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, OR, Sonic Adventure. I played them both a hell of a lot I have to admit. Still do in fact. I rarely touch SA2 or Sonic 1/2 myself :B

Edited by DarkOverord

Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I got mesmorized by the last final 6 Bosses and I literally screamed at my screen:"JUST FUCKING GIVE UP ALREADY AND GIVE ME THE MASTER EMERALD!!!"

After finishing this game, I gained inner peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most Memorable Sonic Game EVAH!! IS

SONIC UNLEASHED!! You know why, pally? I'ts my first legal sonic title i ever had.

cool.gif It showed my how nice next-gen Sonic can be.. Later I buyed all classis too..

In day stages that sense of speed is so cool and I liked even night stages i like warehog- form and i just can't get that why hes not so cool?

++ You have freehands to do thinks..

ohmy.gif PALLYS I PLAYED CLASSICS TOO I'M NOT A IDIOT i downloadet them to BitTorrent And later i buyed them..

You know what pallys; Sonic The Hedgehog safed my to becoming to some king of emo ^^ And now i'm like myself.. Thats true. IMMA NOT GRAZY!!!111

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm actually quite surprised at the number of people who have said Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2, considering the mixed opinions surrounding them nowadays. Anyway, I would have to choose those two games as well. In addition to being the first game I ever played, Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast had many visually stunning (at the time) moments that were downright amazing, such as the whale chase sequence in Emerald Coast or the area where Sonic runs down a building in Speed Highway. For Sonic Adventure 2, I have many fond memories associated with everything about it, really. Well...ALMOST everything. (Mad Space...)

Edited by T-Man

Sonic-shuffle.378497.jpg.png

COMBO BREAKER!

Yeah, this game is my most memorable becase it got me into sonic and the sonic adventure series.

Edited by R@qH1eL

It's odd but when I think of Sonic video games I always think of the Sonic's World portion of Sonic Jam. The 3D interactive museum part. Specifically the part in the center of the map where the floating platforms are and when you first drop into the level.

So i guess, in a way, that is my most memoral Sonic game.

Sonic Advance hands-down since it was my first Sonic game. For some reason I felt compelled to buy it on impulse when I saw it on the shelf, even though I knew nothing about Sonic. Despite my parents insisting not to, I bought the game anyway and got hooked before I even beat Neo Green Hill Act 1. The fast gameplay and the variety of moves the fab four had kept me playing to the very end. I'm pretty sure it was one of the first games I 100% completed. What a coincidence that Sonic Advance happened to be a 2D game but with a modern twist. I don't think I could have picked a better Sonic game to start with! I still enjoy playing it to this day. My best friend coincidentally got into Sonic at around the same time because his cousin had SA2B and then I told him about how much fun I was having playing Sonic Advance, so we both got into Sonic together. :)

Sonic Heroes also gets an honorable mention for it coming out just a few days before my birthday. Easily one of the most epic birthday presents ever. I think I was looking forward to finding out how Shadow survived more than the gameplay itself. :lol:

Once I get Sonic Colours, I have a feeling it will be right up there with those two. The fact that it can be compared to Super Mario Galaxy is a great thing, whenever I play either Galaxy game there's this indescribable magical feeling that makes me feel like a kid again. If Sonic Colours does the same thing my mind will be blown. :D

Edited by Captain THPS4

Some of the most memorable games for me are SA1-Heroes, just renting them all the time from the video store, even though I was terrible at them as a child. :P

Though the most memorable of all is, without a doubt, Sonic 2. My first Sonic game, as well as my first console video game. My family didn't own the game, so I just remember constantly borrowing it from my uncle until I got a Gamecube and Mega Collection.

Probably Sonic Adventure 2. The moment I went down that hill for the first time in City Escape, I knew I had to have this game. Not only was it the first Sonic game I've ever beaten, but it was also the First 3D Sonic game I've ever owned. with that little promo on the back of the manual for Sonic Heroes, which was coming out at the time, I became a Sonic fan from that moment on.

I wouldn't be here without Sonic Adventure 2. Its the main reason why I became a Sonic fan in the first place.

The most memorable for me is definitely Sonic Adventure 2 for the Gamecube. It was one of the first Gamecube games I had (with Donkey Konga), I always wanted to play the game since I saw gameplay videos on random game sites and when I did finally play it, it was such an awesome experience. The controls, the graphics, THE MUSIC...it was all so very epic. <3 SA2 wasn't the first Sonic 3D game I played though, that err..honour goes to Sonic Heroes on the PS2. And even though that game has alot of nostalgia for me too, it won't beat SA2 in terms of epic-ness and memorable moments.

*sigh* I really should play that game again.

Sonic Adventure 2, no question. I was 7, and it was the first Sonic game I actually played until the buttons on the Dreamcast controller got all grimy and hard to press. I LOVED that game. Every single Sonic and Shadow level in that game I loved and played over and over again. But perhaps Metal Harbor and City Escape the most. When I would get really stuck on a level (Crazy Gadget, Mad Space, Meteor Herd), I would cry because I didn't get to see whatever would happen next in the story, or I thought I was a bad player and the character I played as was getting mad.

I didn't fully understand the story at first, but I really liked it, it was different than all other stories in Sonic games. I loved Shadow and Rouge, especially Rouge. I loved them so much, I cried when Shadow died, and wanted to be a treasure hunter when I grew up.

I really really liked to raise Chao, but when you're 7, you have a small attention span. I'd never work on just one. I had about 15 at a time, and all their stats sucked and they were a horrid mix of every animal possible.

I know all of you won't read this cause it's really long. But the short description of why I love SA2... I just have so many memories tied with this game. Anytime I fire it (or SA2:B...) up, I just go back to my younger self and relive everything. It's a real nostalgia trip for me.

Edited by Sapphire

Sonic Adventure.

My mother was a gamer, and worked at (and still works to this day at) Toys R Us. Through my childhood, my family had an NES, SNES, Genesis, and eventually, PS1 and N64. I watched her play Sonic 1 and 2 all the time, and gave them a try myself. I bought Sonic 3 when it came out, and rented Sonic and Knuckles multiple times.

But I wasn't a Sonic fan until Sonic Adventure. I remember my mother coming home from work and telling me about this new 3D Sonic game that they had at their store, open for demo. I played it for the first time soon after, in a secluded square of the store dedicated to four consoles playing games. One was an N64 playing Donkey Kong 64, another was a PS1 playing Bloody Roar 2, the third a Dreamcast playing Soul Caliber, and the fourth and final was another Dreamcast playing none other than Sonic Adventure.

All four games were great, but Sonic Adventure constantly drew me in. The graphics were amazing for the time, the characters actually spoke, the music was unlike anything I'd ever heard in a video game before, and there were so many characters to play as. I'd spend hour upon hour in the store, during work hours, playing as far as I could with every character. I begged for a Dreamcast, just to play this one game, but my father was characteristically smart about the situation, and knew the Dreamcast would fail even then (as he had warned me when the Saturn was released).

Skip ahead to many years later. The Dreamcast had came and went. The PS2 had been released, and was in the household. The library of games didn't hold my interest though, as I was still too young to play most of the good stuff (such as the original Devil May Cry). So when the Gamecube was coming out, I was pretty excited. As per usual, a demo station was set up for the system. Demos available included Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and Bloody Roar: Primal Fury. As you can guess, I played the heck out of SA2, and my want of Gamecube grew. But it was a pricey console, and my mother suggested an alternative for my birthday: A Dreamcast that an employee was selling for $100, complete with 10 or so games.

I went for the Dreamcast, and picked up Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. Both games simply blew me away. Sonic Adventure was just as good as I'd remembered it, and I was finally able to appreciate all the details now. Especially the music. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are solely responsible for my interest in music, thanks to Jun Senoue's rocking compositions. I beat both games many times, and bought them again when I did get a Gamecube, for Christmas that same year.

Sonic Adventure was a life-defining momment for me. It made me a Sonic fan. It made me a fan of music. It made me a fan of reading, thanks to a fanfiction that I'd later come across on a bus ride (but that's a story for another day). To this day it still remains my favorite Sonic game of all time, followed by the original Sonic the Hedgehog for Genesis. Without Sonic Adventure, I would not be who I am today.

• 2 months later...

Sonic & Knuckles. I absolutely loved that game. It made me rage from time to time but still I enjoyed it all the way. The Death Egg design was AMAZING (IMHO) although those conveyor belts made me crazy as I would pretty much always fall onto those electric thingies in the bottom. The Kyodai Eggman Robo is my top favourite boss ever. When I was a kid and faced that thing for the first time, I felt real fear because it was so, so big I could barely see Sonic. Of course, when I grew up I realized it was just a mid size mecha compared to some other designs.

I'm also quite fond of Sonic R. My dad got it for me because he knew the game offered the chance to play as Dr. Robotnik (my all-time favourite evil fatman). When I first installed the game and saw his icon crossed out I became angry and yelled at my dad (yes, I was a child...). Thanks to that game I learned an important lesson about READING first, then complaining. Then I was grounded.

I also like SA2 but that's another story.

Yes, i realized the his real name was Robotnik and the good guys were just calling him Eggman to tick him of. But what i didn't understand was why they always referred to him as Eggman, even when he weren't there (hell, they even referred to him by that name when they were talking solely to themselves). Or, rather, i didn't understand why the makers of the game had decided that it should be like that. It just seemed kinda hard to swallow that this weird nickname for a main character that had (to my knowledge) never been used on the character before had seemingly somehow become so well known in-universe that nearly every character called him by that name at all times.

Like, imagine if in the next Mario game, all the characters inexplicably called Bowser "Spikebutt". Including characters that has little or no connection to the main bunch oh heroes. Can you seriously tell me that you wouldn't find that a little odd?

Nah, it would be more like if they had changed Princess Toadstool's name to something absurd, like "Princess Peach" or something like that.

OH NO WAIT--

In other news, Sonic 3K and Adventure 2 obviously stand out as the memorable Sonic games for me. Sonic 3 And Knuckles simply because out of the Megadrive games it had a certain flare the others lacked, so it stood above the rest in a sense. Hell, I'd go as far as calling it the best game on the Megadrive. After my Megadrive broke, I went into a long standing period of being a Sony and Nintendo person instead, until years later, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle reignited my passion for Sonic simply by being my first 3D Sonic experience, not to mention the first Sonic on a Nintendo platform.