Awoo.

Your Most Memorable Sonic Game

Guest -FourKaySix-

Probably Sonic Adventure 2. The moment I went down that hill for the first time in City Escape, I knew I had to have this game. Not only was it the first Sonic game I've ever beaten, but it was also the First 3D Sonic game I've ever owned. with that little promo on the back of the manual for Sonic Heroes, which was coming out at the time, I became a Sonic fan from that moment on.

I wouldn't be here without Sonic Adventure 2. Its the main reason why I became a Sonic fan in the first place.

btw, for Adventure 2, I was referring to the Gamecube version, as that was the one that reintroduced me into Sonic after the Dreamcast era. (I forgot to mention that in my last post)

The other memorable game I forgot to mention along with Adventure 2 Battle was Sonic Adventure DX. Although I did play this version at the store once, I never finished it, so when I found out it was coming out for Gamecube, I was thrilled (so many memorable memories from the Gamcube era, it would be impossible to name them all)

Anyway, I'm mentioning Addventure DX as well because it really was a memorable Sonic game in itself, and its impossible to mention one of the Adventures to me without the other as they both completed that memory for me as a, then, new Sonic fan. There was a great sense of exploration, atmosphere, and story, which was very refreshing and unique for its time. I enjoyed the game very much.

Honorable mention goes out to Sonic Advance 2, my other memorable Sonic game from that era, and is, in fact, The first haandheld Sonic game I ever played, and one I have came back to a few times over. Its the closest I have gotten to the Sonic 3 story at that time, since it copied the essence pretty well, and was quite challenging (the strategy guide was fun to read too. >.<).

I apologize if I went a little off page in my reply in regards to the topic, but I felt that these other Sonic games deserved an honorable mention on my part, as all of these combined helped form the memorable Sonic experience for that era. There are others, but the ones mentioned are the core, with Adventure 2 Battle being the catalyst.

In that regard I am partially grateful that Sega went third-party only because I probably wouldn't have become a Sonic fan otherwise. :)

Edit: lol, oh how could I forget the Sonic Mega/Gems Collection which was a perfect compilation of Sonic games all while treasuring an era where Sonic was still pretty awesome post-Dreamcast? :D

See? So many memories from that era. I'll wrap it up now, as I'm sure that's all of them. (Sonic Heroeees!!)

Edited by the blu blur

Darn the Robotnik-Eggman thing and all the confusion around it. In Japan, his name was always Eggman. Only outside of Japan was it ever Robotnik, until Sonic Adventure pretty much changed it back to Eggman forever with the silly excuse that it was a 'nickname that stuck'. Thankfully, the idea that the heroes teasingly renamed him Eggman quietly and rather abruptly died off in all following games.

Back to the OT...most memorable to me are all the classics, particularly Sonic 2(multiplayer woo!) and Sonic 3. Yay.

I tend to think of Sonic 2 in particular whenever I think of Sonic, since it was the first Sonic game (and one of the first video games period) that I ever played. I was playing two-player mode with the son of a friend of my mom's, as I recall. I was Tails, and I suuuuuuucked. I remember it as surreal, impossibly fast, and incredibly cool; it's probably that memory that brought me back to Sonic so many years later. It's kind of funny to think that at this point Sonic 2 probably wouldn't even make a top five of my favourite Sonic games... it does still hold a special place in my heart, though.

Unlocking Sonic 3 & Knuckles in Sonic Mega Collection was a very epic surprise. Before unlocking it, that whole time I was wondering why Sonic 3 is so short, yet the small amount of content was so awesome, but it was still really short, and in addition to that, I was wondering why there was another game released shortly after called Sonic & Knuckles that played exactly like Sonic 3, had the exact same sprites as Sonic 3, and even had the same boss music as Sonic 3. I had this strange feeling that Sonic & Knuckles was meant to be "Sonic 3 Part 2". Then I beat Sonic 3 alone, and shortly afterwords, I unlocked Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

First impression... an overcrowded titlescreen. Same old "Sonic 3" but now with "AND KNUCKLES LOL". Then I saw the save file selection screen...

Oh. My. God. I saw my save files from Sonic 3. But the one where I completed in Sonic 3 wasn't completed anymore... instead, I saw where I was used to seeing pictures of the Sonic 3 zones, a picture of freaking Mushroom Hill from Sonic & Knuckles in my Sonic 3 save file screen, and under it labeled, Zone 7. It all finally made sense! Sonic & Knuckles IS Sonic 3 Part 2! That's why lock-on exists! Mushroom Hill is not Zone 1, it's Zone 7 bitch! And this "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" is both parts combined, and it's even longer than Sonic 2!

And then, I realized that the full version of Sonic the Hedgehog 3, AKA Sonic 3 & Knuckles, is the best video game of all time.

I was a bit younger at the time, and so I was unaware of the Sonic 3 development process cause I didn't use the internet as much ;). I'm fully aware that Sonic 3 was meant to have the S&K zones all along. At Sonic Retro, there's a member by the name of Tiddles who has made a rom hack of S3&K to change the title screen to Sonic 3 alone, and some other stuff, and it resembles what was meant to be Sonic 3: An epic game with 14 zones ranging from Angel Island to the Doomsday.