Awoo.

Assassin's Creed 2

Patticus

With a cover like that I have to read it. I'm 99% sure I will be buying this game.

I still havn't finished the first game...in fact I hardly started it. I just got so bored of wandering around not really knowing where to go and what to do T__T

Soooo I probably won't bother with this. However, I'm sure others will really enjoy it if they liked the first game, I hope that it's not just more of the same though.

Edited by Mollfie

The first game was greatness for about 7 missions but then I really got bored of the grind knowing for definite that I had two missions left and that I’d have to do the same amount of side quests before I could get to kill my target. It was just too repetitive to be wonderful but all the same I had great fun with it.

If the new one is as good but addresses the originals flaws I’ll be a happy man. Knowing that Ezio can swim is already a great load off my mind as is the mention of new weapons. Crossbow anyone? Gliding sounds fun. I always though they’d make a great Batman game with the Assassins Creed engine…

25zqqut.jpg

That's a great cover, there. Awesome news about there now being a day/night system, flitting across rooftops at the dead of night will be great.

It's always the art work that sucks you in like a vacuum.

...no matter how cautious you are towards any game, you'd have to be fooling yourself if you think this is anything short of cool. :lol:

That's just the thing too, you say you're being cautious on a previous installment of the game, yet the artists for the game know exactly how to reverse that thinking a trick convince you to get a game.

Didn't like the last game, so you don't think you want this one?

Well, look at this guy...

Are you sure you don't want to get this game? ;)

I still need to see the trailers and images of how it'll play out before I lean towards getting the game or putting it off.

But with new features added to this one, it just might not be repetitive like the first one.

I have to agree, Eizo looks one bad-ass mofo right there. Just count his fingers though, are they all intact? I think they are... which is odd. I love the two guys at the sides who've obviously just felt the effects of the hidden blades.

Amazing! I'm loving the new screens. Wait only a few gliding areas? Ahhh I was hoping to just jump off a cliff and glide to the next building or to the ground just for the hell of it. Seems like I'll be making a trip to gamestop to find GI magazine. Uh D'harhan did you find a release date for the game yet? (yes and in please say in september)

First Screens

http://www.epicbattleaxe.com/favs/2009/4/1...d-2-images.html

Looks good, especially like the glider.

Enough with the pictures, I want action dammit! :angry:

I like having the ability to swim. Now he's able to sneak like a crocodile and strike at unknowing foes...I hope that only special enemies know how to swim tho. Wouldn't be too much of a good thing if they all could, unless they have a mechanic that gives you an edge even while being pursued underwater.

CSS, if the enemies are able to swim that would only make the game better. Running from a guy, then jumping of a cliff into water and swimming away while the AI chases you. Man I'm already loving this game. Now I wish the AI was a bit smarter. It was fairly to easy to get away in the first game and fighting AI (not major bosses) got real boring after the 3rd assassination.

CSS, if the enemies are able to swim that would only make the game better.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't. It's just something I think should be limited to certain enemies.

Like when you first start the game, you know how to swim, but other enemies don't. That gives you a sense of invincibility. But a little further into the game when the people start to acknowledge you presence in the city a lot more, the guards send in speciallized swimming troops as newer patrol units to face from that point on, taking away that sense of invinciblity and making you strategize a lot more as now you can't use the water as your instant getaway anymore. That's how the game evolves to keep you on your toes. Each ability you abuse to your advantage, the game takes notice of that and tries to negate it. Like fighting a dummy target before setting you against the real thing.

I just think that the player's free use of his starting abilities should be the first privilege before you start to slowly take it away and have him more in alert, rather than have the enemies swim after you at the start of the game. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I just think that the player's free use of his starting abilities should be the first privilege before you start to slowly take it away and have him more in alert, rather than have the enemies swim after you at the start of the game. That's all I'm saying.

:o Okay that makes since. I can agree with that.

Big Assassins Creed 2 Spoilers today!

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades

- You CAN swim

- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici

- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.

- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.

- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.

- Each weapon has a special move.

- 16 unique mission types.

- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.

- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.

- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.

- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.

- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.

- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.

- You can still climb towers and ride horses

- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.

- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.

- 240 people are working on this title.

O.k. I'm almost sold. Now if I see the gameplay trailer and it's anywhere as awesome as this sounds, Ubisoft gets me for a fourth time.

Edited by turbojet

GameInformer scans ahoy!

68zhxi.png

125mi4w.png

2r22o2s.png

6jegap.png

rkbf2q.png

13z1lr7.png

2ilzo2b.png

2mot8pv.png

zjf5dv.png

72abg2.png

That looks really lovely, true to the photos and yet in keeping with the era the game's set in - obviously old cities like Venice and Florence would not have looked exactly the same then as they do now. I can't wait to see more, and to hear what/where the third city - and indeed the new assassin's hideout - will be.

GameInformer scans ahoy!

6jegap.png

Dude thats one hell of a jump! And I'm still stuck on the glider pic. AMAZING!

GameInformer scans ahoy!

68zhxi.png

125mi4w.png

6jegap.png

rkbf2q.png

13z1lr7.png

Wow. :o These five shots of the game alone are starting to make me think otherwise about this game.

Even though we don't have a trailer showing the gameplay in action right now, the pictures are actually doing a great job at convincing me this will be a much better game than the last title. And the features described in the section are doing wonders as well.

Eizo's design is much more amazing than Altiar's (and even though I didn't like the first AC, Altiar was a pretty cool looking character too), he's a lot more resourceful than his predecessor (probably due to being 200 years ahead, since people learn more stuff as time goes on), and adds in a lot more of what an assassin would be capable of as a mere human than one who is superpowered by magic or super-advanced technology.

It's funny, because another reason I was so intrested in AC1 was because two people at my school who were talking about it told me it was better in play than Devil May Cry (and me being a fan of DMC style games, I got sold into it) so I was expecting a more human version of it doing some stylish, but not-so-flaring attacks to do onto the guards...better than DMC my ass. <_<

But after looking at these details and screens, I'm starting to actually believe that AC2 will be less repetitive and a much superb game than I originally thought it would be.

And I can freely jump off buildings and into the water without so much fear of hitting the ground.

One question:6jegap.png

What the heck did he jump off of? I wasn't able to do something like that as fluid as I thought I could in AC1.

And I hope he's able to do this after jump from chandeliers. Don't know why, but that pissed me off that Altiar wasn't able to swing and assassinate someone like that.

What the heck did he jump off of?

Most probably he was shimmying along the wall opposite the unaware soldier, targeted him, the player hit the Assassinate button and Ezio did the rest. They did say that assassinations will be far easier to perform this time.

I'm definitely psyched for this game now. Hell, I was sold from the minute I heard Assassin's Creed 2.

Most probably he was shimmying along the wall opposite the unaware soldier, targeted him, the player hit the Assassinate button and Ezio did the rest. They did say that assassinations will be far easier to perform this time.

I hope so. Assassinations were my only nag with the original game. It seemed like enemies had some sort of sense that you were diving at them in time to spin around and block you no matter what.

Hmm...so I guess having Eizo jump a bit further than Altiar is out of the question then.

Not saying I would want him to jump 15 to do an assassination, but I kinda would've like the idea of him using some part of the environment to boost his jump...

Maybe Da Vinci will make something to suit him like that...tho he hasn't exactly made anything to propel humans in their jump, has he?

I still want to assassinate by swinging of chandeliers tho.

After looking at that jumping assassination picture, it seems as if he jumped off the building on the left. Like I said, thats one hell of a jump for a kill. Talk about being noticed. If someone doesn't spot him doing that then well I don't know.

After looking at that jumping assassination picture, it seems as if he jumped off the building on the left. Like I said, thats one hell of a jump for a kill. Talk about being noticed. If someone doesn't spot him doing that then well I don't know.

Would you WANT to be an eyewitness to an assassination? If I see someone crazy enough to do something like that and see a flash of his blade used to kill the victim, I wouldn't be in that area for long.

He'll kill his target. If he sees you witness it...you're practically next to die so he can keep his actions a secret.:blink:

Then again with 3 people in that screen, it would be hard to silence all of them. But still, a flash of the blade and I'm out. I would've seen nothing.

Haha that makes 2 of us. Hell I'd be like "BATMAN? I thought you was fake" then run like a track star.