Awoo.

Assassin's Creed 2

Patticus

Like I said before, Ubisoft is notorious for doing this. They always release a teaser trail without actual gameplay. They been doing it since Prince of Persia 3 and figured that deception is the best way to sell their games. Clever bastards...

Like I said before, Ubisoft is notorious for doing this. They always release a teaser trail without actual gameplay. They been doing it since Prince of Persia 3 and figured that deception is the best way to sell their games. Clever bastards...

I'm surprised that those who end up buying the games don't realize how notoriously repetitive they're starting to get. Prince of Persia 4 was so massively repetitive that it lacks any sense of fun right after the first boss you fight.

A gameplay trailer would ease a lot of doubts folks may have on AC2, but I don't see us getting that anytime soon.

It's funny how their deception is starting to work. Ezio is too cool-looking of a character for anyone not to be intrested in knowing more, and like I said earlier, it's always the art of the piece that suckers you into the getting the game until you realize the results of it, which could go either way.

I'm surprised that those who end up buying the games don't realize how notoriously repetitive they're starting to get. Prince of Persia 4 was so massively repetitive that it lacks any sense of fun right after the first boss you fight.

Hell I learned after Assassin's Creed. I rented and beaten Prince of Persia 4.

It's funny how their deception is starting to work. Ezio is too cool-looking of a character for anyone not to be intrested in knowing more, and like I said earlier, it's always the art of the piece that suckers you into the getting the game until you realize the results of it, which could go either way.

They always make some cool ass looking characters. When you first seee the new prince and Eleka, you think bad ass. When you saw Altair, you think bad ass. CSS,they mastered their craft so well it's like they expect you to overlook the actual gameplay.

Assasin's Creed 2 will be on all consoles INCLUDING the Wii and PC. Wii Motion Controls(M+ would be more awesome)+Weapons=AWESOMNESS!

Proof of this?

The fact that the Assassin's Creed 2 announcement PR said it'll be on every current gen format. Wii is current gen.

Also, the only difference on the Wii would be a small difference in graphics(See SSBB, S&TBK, and The Condult) and a big difference in gameplay. Besides, you can have a double layered disk.

I will be pretty amazed to see how they'll execute this well on the Wii. It's controls don't seem to be one that would work well for an AC game, unless they were planning on using the Classic or GC controller.

The fact that the Assassin's Creed 2 announcement PR said it'll be on every current gen format. Wii is current gen.

Guess I didn't read the article very well. <_< Ehh on the wii? Hmmm guess I'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Uh so I was at game stop yesterday getting sonic gems collection, and ask the guy something about AC2. He said they are taking reservations and the release date for AC 2 was November 22 (don't quote me on that). Only if I had more money to throw away at the moment...

You know, I was thinking about Ezio's potential targets the other day and I'd be greatly surprised if we don't get to assassinate Galeazzo Maria Sforza, who was duke of Milan, a city near Venice, from 1466 to his assassination in 1476. Especially considering his illegitimate daughter Caterina Sforza will supposedly be in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

GAME dates Assassin's Creed 2 for December

Link

Non-Scan Screenshots

VRYYAA9LG0_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197692375.png XMCZA910HB_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197708640.png 6LRCR3I76T_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197722093.png

B8O31I9TXG_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197741578.png K67DN5U984_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197756593.png IXDCIP8MGZ_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197771156.png

EZF75DZJSJ_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197801593.png LLXMAAOB61_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197815687.png JH2X8VZPKA_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197830578.png

GH9AZBC3ST_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197845593.png 0CDTKJLG3H_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197858218.png SBHJJV2KJ5_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197871140.png

J761QGGOSV_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197885921.png JV5LDL0LMO_Assassins_Creed_II_-_immagini_-_MondoXbox_1241197909140.png

Absolutely stunning, isn't it? Love the water effects. The Saboteur is very similar to this, and at the moment might be better, but I have more hope for this.

Ubisoft won't get a dime out of me unless they show me some decent quality gameplay.

Yes, some gameplay footage would be very nice instead of just images. I'm not going to let them get me a third time.

...That and the enemies better not be able to swim from the start.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Ubisoft won't get a dime out of me unless they show me some decent quality gameplay.

E3 is happening in literally one month, you don't think they'll want to blow us all away with their new pal Ezio?

E3 is happening in literally one month, you don't think they'll want to blow us all away with their new pal Ezio?

They didn't do that with Assassin's Creed so I'm guessing that they probably won't. They did it with Prince of Persia because it was announced months before the E3.

They didn't do that with Assassin's Creed so I'm guessing that they probably won't. They did it with Prince of Persia because it was announced months before the E3.

*Facepalm*

It'll be at E3. There's no way it won't be.

Brown + Bloom = Reality.

Worked for Epic/Guerrilla/Rockstar/countless other devs. ;)

The article said it'd be on every current gen format? For me that doesn't confirm a Wii version in the slightest. Many developers just push the Wii aside as "old gen" or "new gen" and consider the HD consoles only as current gen.

Infact I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft and Capcom had said stuff like that before (Capcom's not relevant, just using them as an example).

EDIT: Of course if there was a Wii version and it wasn't complete shit, my zero respect rating for Ubisoft would go up to 2 or 3.

Out of 100.

EDIT2: Holy crap Phos, finally someone else who sees the Brown D: I thought I was going crazy for a while there. You know what would make this game look fantastic? Colour... without colour it looks dull. Nice textures and polygon count are all well and good, but colour is insanely important to the feel of a game. Every single developer in the entire world seems to have forgotten that.

Edited by SuperLink

Every single developer in the entire world seems to have forgotten that.

Large swathes of the world are boring, colour-wise. It's one thing to say games should be vibrant and colourful, however if those games are based in the real world then that might be far easier said than done. Anyway, we haven't even seen the inter-city hub being used in the game - Tuscany (which it will be set in, according to info so far released) is a really gorgeous place.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy.

I was gonna say "except Nintendo" but that'd make me seem like a fanboy :lol: Also every developer has their share of amazing looking games. For me, an amazing looking game isn't just about polygons and textures, colour plays a very important part in making the game look exciting and fun.

colour plays a very important part in making the game look exciting and fun.

Venice and Florence aren't the most colourful of cities, the palette is always going to be somewhat limited there. Going by the screenshots, they seem to have done as well as any dev could have at making these places colourful without seeming unrealistic. Venice with bright cyan canals would not fit with the realistic tone of the game.

I don't see the point in using such large number of colors, or intensifying their vibrance, in a game based in real life.

Yes, they can be good eye candy, but that doesn't affect too much in the long run...

And AC2 seems to do well artwise anyway. This isn't anything you'd expect from Sonic, Mario, Ratchet and Clank, or any other cartoonish game.

And they all sucked.

Killzone 2, Gears 2 and GTA III/IV are all excellent examples of their genres.

I hate to break it to you, but not every game needs to have Mario sodding Galaxy's colour palette. While bright primary colours and vibrancy are of course welcome, they don't suit every situation and if you look around the real world you'll find that it's as often dull as it is bright.

Besides, AC2 isn't always going to be dull - hell, going by the info and shots thus far it's going to be absolutely spectacular! So what if the canals don't look like a cyan swimming pool? The quality of the lighting effects makes it look incredibly realistic, which, as that's what this game series is focusing on (the cities of the first game were modelled on plans and contemporary accounts of their real life counterparts, don'tcha know, the actual places would've looked very similar - the same is happening here), makes me very pleased with the direction of the game.