Awoo.

SEGA's New Sonic Strategy

Mr.Isklue

But nobody can deny that it IS a pretty weird thing to point out how the new Riders installment is apparently for both fans and kids, because that seems to suggest that fans are more interested in Riders than they are in Colors. Which is just wrong, plain and simple.

And that's where the misconception lies. They never said certain fans will only be interested in this game, they said the game is aimed at a target demographic. They never said fans outside the demographic wouldn't be interested, just that the game would be made with a certain demographic in mind.

The fact that hayes literally said :

hayes saying colors is for kids. sonic 4 is for fans. free riders is for both. is a FACT.

and this is what made me post this. i don't think their is kind of conspiracy (I never said that), I am just saying Hayes is promoting a SEGA title Wrongly.

Saying Colors is for only kids, When it seems it appeals to both obviously with old badniks/Unleashed day time with more platforming.

Seems like Hayes is Saying Some thing That is not Related to the Developers direction (they want it for both audience and that is what they are doing, hayes says all sudden 'as for the fans, they can express their opinions'.

He didn't say it was "only for kids", Sonic Colors going the Mario Galaxy route, means that it's more than likely to be for everyone more so than just for kids. The only game that seemed like it truly was for kids in this modern Sonic age is Sonic Heroes, even then that game was pretty average.

But nobody can deny that it IS a pretty weird thing to point out how the new Riders installment is apparently for both fans and kids, because that seems to suggest that fans are more interested in Riders than they are in Colors. Which is just wrong, plain and simple.

This. that is what i am complaining about, the obvious fan service in the game and Yet Hayes says sonic colors is aimed at kids, but if the fans wants to play they can. techinically if they would throw 'sonic party' and comment on it with that statement, that would have been better. but this is sonic colors (unleashed without the werehog + more platforming + old badniks even the Yellow spring comes back) and iizuka saying it will be the best 3d sonic game.

He didn't say it was "only for kids", Sonic Colors going the Mario Galaxy route, means that it's more than likely to be for everyone more so than just for kids. The only game that seemed like it truly was for kids in this modern Sonic age is Sonic Heroes, even then that game was pretty average.

he said : on nintendo systems 'we need to make games for 8 to 12 years old, as for the core fans we will see what they have to say about sonic'.

So its not technically for the core fans admittedly by Mike hayes. Terrible statement if you ask me with all the fan service in sonic colors.

YA know what, who gives a Damn what they say, I'm tired of hearing, its for Kids, Its for kids, its for kids over, and over. We're still gonna buy the game regardless, so why are we making a big deal. Colors looks good, its fun to play, who cares if its for kids, I sure as hell don't so why should we?

the only thing i have to say, that mike hayes is promoting the game wrong.

its for kids and fans suppose and iizuka said its the best 3d sonic game. yet hayes says its for kids

Hayes is promoting the title Wrongly. Fans wants to buy the game, SEGA is open for lose sales by that bad statement. Sonic team wants it for both sites, i can feel it with all that fan service and iizuka's statement about fixing all the issues of the previous games.

that is all i have to say any ways.

Edited by speedduelist
  • Bad Quality Post 1

its for kids and fans suppose and iizuka said its the best 3d sonic game. yet hayes says its for kids

Hayes is promoting the title Wrongly. Fans wants to buy the game, SEGA is open for lose sales by that bad statement. Sonic team wants it for both sites, i can feel it with all that fan service and iizuka's statement about fixing all the issues of the previous games.

that is all i have to say any ways.

How? Obviously if we're willing to still buy Colors despite what they said, then you're wrong on all levels. They could say its for 2 year olds, and wouldn't give a damn.

If someone doesn't buy the game because SEGA said it's for kids, they're stupid.

Thank You.

Potential replies:

1: So what!?

2: No fucking shit it's for kids, it's always been for kids. It's written on the side of Sonic 1's box that it's for kids, they hired a company called For Kids. Sonic is for kids, but some kids are big kids.

3: So what, it can't be the best 3D sonic game ever and be for kids?

4: What are you talking about?

Seriously, what are you talking about? They'll lose sales if the game is shit, not if it's aimed at a younger audience.

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Will appeal to kids" and "only kids can play it" are two totally different things. Therefore, speedduelist, every post you've made in this thread is thrown out the window seeing as you have only made one point repeatedly and that one point isn't even accurate based on what was said.

he said : on nintendo systems 'we need to make games for 8 to 12 years old, as for the core fans we will see what they have to say about sonic'.

He did. He said they need to make games that 8 to 12 year olds can enjoy.

Now I want you to point out where he said "this game is not for the core fans".

He did. He said they need to make games that 8 to 12 year olds can enjoy.

Now I want you to point out where he said "this game is not for the core fans".

Edited by speedduelist

That didn't answer my question. No where does it say "this game is not for the core gamers".

Ugh, it barely even matters. I mean, who cares who the game is directed for, because unless it's a Sonic-Sesame Street or Sonic-Resident Evil crossover, it's for anyone. Mmkay?

Edited by Konata Izumi

I don't have a problem with it being for kids. I have a problem with them thinking that titles that are for kids have to be on the Wii. I'm sorry, but there is this franchise on the PS3 called Ratchet and Clank. It has been doing fine. I don't care what anybody says, but there is no reason why Sonic Colors could not be on any of the HD consoles. As Gnasher has stated, hardcore fanbase be damned, we like Sonic Colors. Where the hell does Sega get their graphs and surveys from? Youtube comments?

I also don't get hardcore label. All Sonic games save for Shadow the Hedgehog have been targeted for kids and played by kids. This isn't like Bully versus GTA.

I have no problems with Sonic games being geared towards kids, but I feel that Sega is going about it the wrong way. Sonic Color's reminds me of a Mario game more then a Sonic game. And the things that I have heard about how silly the games story is make me worry more. Sonic should be Sonic not trying to be Mario.

That didn't answer my question. No where does it say "this game is not for the core gamers".

the core games would play.

but it isn't made for Them, Clearly with all the fan services in the game.

Just look :

we need to make games for 8 to 12 years old, as for the core fans we will see what they have to say about sonic

We've got to make games that appeal to the 7-to-12-year-old which is exactly what Colours will do - and then we need to appeal to the core gamer, which is what Sonic 4 is doing.

Riders, funnily enough, is actually where the boundary is grey, and we like to say it will appeal to both. The feedback we're getting from retailers is that because it's branded is very popular both in America and Europe, it's an easier sale when they're talking about Kinect to consumers - "look you've got Sonic".

Calling free riders made for both fans and kids. calling colors that its made for kids.

calling sonic 4 for the core gamers.

Okay, So you are saying hayes is saying sonic colors is made for the core gamers? what with 'as for the core fans we will see what they have to say about sonic'

explain. with all the fan services in the game, i think its for both fans and kids. but hayes says it wasn't made for the core fans, but they can play if they want, that doesn't make sense because it looks to me that they are aiming to satisfy both audience...

Sega's not telling you "you're probably only going to like this if you're a kid." They're saying "we made this with kids in mind, but if you like it, that's fine too." They can market it how they want, but it doesn't change who they considered the most while developing it.

the core games would play.

but it isn't made for Them, Clearly with all the fan services in the game.

Yeah pretty much. Technically it was made with the young audience in mind. But no one said the game was not for the core gamers, just that they weren't the dominant audience the developers were focusing on when making the game.