Awoo.

Where do you think Sonic should go from here?

Gamenerd

Am I the only one that does not get all the love that Sonic Colors is getting? It seems like a Super Mario Galaxy rip-off to me. Wasn't Sonic meant to not be like Mario?

I think that 3-D Sonic needs to be more like Sonic and less like a Mario rip-off.

One of the things that I really like about the Sonic series is how all the characters have personalities. So far for the last few games(I'm not counting multplayer games like Sonic Free Riders)Sonic has been the only playable character. I find Sonic kind of boring when he doesn't have Tails around.

In the long term people will want the other characters back.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why does the everybody want the Adventure style to come back, I mean I know they were fun and all, but Colors is set up so much better than all the Adventure games put together(SA1, Sa2, and 06). So what if its 2.5D, this can be remedied by balancing out the 2D/3D sections in the future games. We don't need to go back to a style that wasn't quite perfect over the course of three games, I mean they got this formula down after only 1 game.

Why does the everybody want the Adventure style to come back, I mean I know they were fun and all, but Colors is set up so much better than all the Adventure games put together(SA1, Sa2, and 06). So what if its 2.5D, this can be remedied by balancing out the 2D/3D sections in the future games. We don't need to go back to a style that wasn't quite perfect over the course of three games, I mean they got this formula down after only 1 game.

People want the Sonic Adventure style back because it expanded the Sonic universe. In Sonic Adventure 1 we learn more about the Echidna race. In Adventure 2, we got popular character's Shadow and Rouge, and we learn more about Eggman, and his family.

I personally don't care if we get a Sonic Adventure 3, but I don't want Sega to shove all that stuff under a rug. With Sonic Colors it feels like Sega is trying to tell us to forget that all that stuff happened.

I am for this option as well. I'd much prefer to see another Sonic Adventure type game, instead of getting nothing but Sonic Rush and Sonic Unleashed sequels. Even if Sonic Colors is as good as everyone says it is, I still think the style of the game is just plain inferior to SA1, 2, and 2006.

Well I wouldn't say Colors is inferior to O6' by any standard, but I see what your talking about. SA1 & 2 were classics and 2006 continued, in it's own way, the "trend" they had, though many agree hands down it was kind of a mess, but 06' is, don't get me wrong, worth playing on a rainy day . So yeah, I would be overjoyed if they made another Sonic game in that style again.

People want the Sonic Adventure style back because it expanded the Sonic universe. In Sonic Adventure 1 we learn more about the Echidna race. In Adventure 2, we got popular character's Shadow and Rouge, and we learn more about Eggman, and his family.

I personally don't care if we get a Sonic Adventure 3, but I don't want Sega to shove all that stuff under a rug. With Sonic Colors it feels like Sega is trying to tell us to forget that all that stuff happened.

I'm talking about gameplay not story.

I'm just gonna say one thing.

No Super Sonic final bosses, and no giant monsters. Give me giant Robotnik mechs. >C It's way more badass when Sonic beats things without the emeralds, IMO.

But the stories also tried /too/ hard to be dark, IMO. They feel too much like anime plots, particularly SA2. I mean, they have their good points, and I do like SA1 for not going 100% apocalyptic, but I don't think having EPIC STORIES!!! should be a priority. Save that for RPG games.

Oh, and you can have a solid story without being too complex. Sonic 3&Knuckles managed to tell its stories through sprite animations alone! And no ridiculous god monster blobs were needed.

Edited by Mega

But the stories also tried /too/ hard to be dark, IMO. They feel too much like anime plots, particularly SA2. I mean, they have their good points, and I do like SA1 for not going 100% apocalyptic, but I don't think having EPIC STORIES!!! should be a priority. Save that for RPG games.

Oh, and you can have a solid story without being too complex. Sonic 3&Knuckles managed to tell its stories through sprite animations alone! And no ridiculous god monster blobs were needed.

The plots weren't the problem, the problem was they were trying too hard, In SA2, it just flowed naturally. They can have an Epic story, but with the script similar to Colors.

But why does it need to be epic? The way I see it, every time a Sonic game does an epic plot, it involves monsters, the world ending, or something like that.

But why does it need to be epic? The way I see it, every time a Sonic game does an epic plot, it involves monsters, the world ending, or something like that.

And the problem is...? It worked well in SA2, so I don't see a problem.

Basically, I can see an epic story, but Sonic not taking it seriously at all.

So you don't think S3&K's story was epic? Maybe we don't have the same definition of that word, but everything from Lava Reef onwards seemed pretty epic to me, and there was no giant monster or world ending.

And "why does it need to be epic?" Because epic is awesome :P

So you don't think S3&K's story was epic? Maybe we don't have the same definition of that word, but everything from Lava Reef onwards seemed pretty epic to me, and there was no giant monster or world ending.

And "why does it need to be epic?" Because epic is awesome :P

They need to bring back all of those AWESOME gimmicks! I want see a game where you play as the Werehog with a sword in one hand, pistol in the other. On a motorcycle.

Actually no, I would purposely buy every copy I could find of that game just so I could chuck them in a fire. I think the best thing to do is to stick with this 2D/3D hybrid they've got going here, while being able to play as different characters. If Sega just keeps this up for a while, I might actually feel comfortable if they tried to experiment again. I've always wanted to see an open-world game with super speed, after all. Just no realism please.

Edited by Speederino

And "why does it need to be epic?" Because epic is awesome

That was epic without TRYING to be OMG EPIC!1111 by the current definition. And like I said, the story was strong without trying to over complicate things.

When I say no epic stories, I just mean no giant monsters, world ending due to some generic plot, etc. And as for the Death Egg... I don't count that as a monster since it was Robotnik's creation. I basically want more zany plots/antics from Robotnik instead of Adventure-esque stories.

And the problem is...? It worked well in SA2, so I don't see a problem.

Because it's overdone. Ever since Adventure.

* Adventure - Chaos

* SA2 - Biolizard

* Heroes - Metal Madness/Overlord (yes, it was technically Robotnik's creation, but it went rogue, AND... why the hell did Metal Sonic need to transform? I mean, come on.)

* Shadow the Hedgehog - Devil Doom

* Sonic 06 - Solaris

* Unleashed - Dark Gaia

* Riders - that genie thing, even if the game wasn't really serious in tone. Still worth noting.

* Secret Rings - that... Alf Layla whatever thing.

Point being, the last main console game to have a Robotnik final boss was...Sonic 3&K. Or 3D blast, if you count that as a main game.

And then

Colors, finally has a proper Robotnik final boss...except in the DS version. >>

Edited by Mega

That was epic without TRYING to be OMG EPIC!1111 by the current definition. And like I said, the story was strong without trying to over complicate things.

Oh no. It was definitely trying to be epic, and the music and Super Sonic alone can tell that much.

Only difference is that when they were going for epic, they knew how to do it and it WORKED.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I wish people would be open-minded instead of thinking that every non-Disney movie they see is flops/box office bombs/atrocities/whatever. Not every movie is like that, and there are plenty out there that are successful (such as today's anime shows and movies).

Uh...not to stray from the topic but, as an artist who plans to work in graphic design/fine arts, I'm seeing less anime related programs than there where back then. And sure not every movie not made by Disney deserves a low score, but I respect the franchise enough, one because I grew up with it, and two because many artists/actors from many schools go to work with them. There is anime that is still popular for example Dragonball Z, Pokemon, and Yugioh, but for others, their lifespan grows stale.