Awoo.

Cutscene Reveal

Detective Shadzter

Love the comedy and the voices are awesome. Sonic's will take some getting used to, but I love it :D

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss

Voice acting is spot-on, and, well, it's pretty sweet in general. No complaints here.

• Thumbs Up 1

All those years of Jason voicing Sonic hit me HARD, because that was just unexpected. Definitely sounds a bit more aged that the previous VAs tho, but it actually has more flow to it, so I can definitely give it props.

But it's no big deal. After a few more cutscenes, I'll get use to it. B)

Tails' voice on the other hand sounds so natural that it doesn't evoke the same feeling. He sounds exactly how someone his age would.

Funny scene tho. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Fuck, that's absolutely fantastic. Sonic sounds NOTHING like he has done before, but it's damn fantastic. Tails sounds the way his 4Kids VA always tried to but never managed to sound. Excellent. Sonic's voice will take some getting used to but I really like it.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

I really like the voices, and the script was dead funny. Awesome all around. My only minor minor gripe is that the 4th wall breaking came across a little cheesy and patronising (sort of a *wink wink nudge nudge* aside that I don't really care for). But that aside, new voices = ♥!

• Thumbs Up 2

Tails is so adorable, a little more sounding like 12 than 8, but to me, Tails is 12 anyway.

Sonic sounds okay, better acting than his other voices for sure.

I'm okay with this. Specifically with Sonic not sounding like Ryan Drummond for once (and that encompasses Jason "trying too hard to sound like Drummond" Griffith).

Sonic sounds great, but I'll have to get used to it.

Tails is fantastic.

Oh my god, I love them <3

The cutscene was funny. I loved Tails ignoring Sonic trashing a giant robot and being surprised that there's shopping :lol:

Edited by MarcelloF

Very, very nice. There seems to be a lot more life in the voice actors around this time which really pleases me. =D

Though 4kids actors were decent in their own way, I'm kinda liking the new ones better.

And I thought Griffith made him sound older, he sounds like me. To go off topic with voices, this Cutscene is so awesomely animated, I thought Unleashed has awesome cutscenes.

Sonic's voice is Ok, not bad for a first time, Tails is perfect, and actually sounds like a boy, you can barely hear the Sakura in his voice.

Wow that was awesome cutscene RCS & Kate sound amazing RCS doesn't sound anything like Ryan or Jason which is a good thing that RCS gone with his own take of Sonic than trying to be like the previous actors =D, I loved it when Sonic did the moonwalk & the breaking the 4th wall corny that bit but sweet lol.

Done my own quick write up on the cutscene =D

http://platformerpad.com/?p=997 [/shameless plug]

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 1

It sounded weird at first, cause I've been so used to hearing Jason, but they still did a good job. I actually prefer Tails' new voice. :P

The only problem with this scene was some awkward lip-syncing and some awkward gestures.

Moonwalk was pretty cool though.

RCSs vocal quality is a little different to Griffith's and Drummond's.

Slightly raspier, but a whole lot more "teenager"

It'll take some getting used to though given that its such a HUGE departure from the previous voices.

In terms of emoting, Sonic is a massive improvement. it sounds much more realistic, as opposed to the over-the-top performances of late.

Tails actually sounds very similar to Palant, but with a deeper voice. The acting is a ton better as well.

All in all, perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh look at that, Tails doesn't sound like a girl anymore. And too bad for those salads. They probably could have used some undies.

• Thumbs Up 1

My opinion is basically what most others are saying: Sonic's voice will take a bit of getting used to, but Tails' voice is excellent!

Great scene, I love the new VA's though they'll take some getting used too. The main 'weird' thing for me was the music in the background at first, but no big deal.

What madness is this!? A voice actor for Tails who doesn't suck at voicing said character? This will really take some getting used to. Ever Since Corey Bringas way back when I've been instinctively cringing every time the fox communicates outside a text box. Now all of a sudden he's supposed to have decent, nay, GOOD voice acting? I need to sit down, this is too much to take in all at once.

I'm not used to the new Sonic yet. I need to hear him making fun of Eggman during a battle, Spiderman-style, to seal the deal for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, that sounded great. First time in years I could actually tolerate listening to Tails.

I'd really gotten used to Grifith though. Hearing Smith come out of Sonic's mouth sounded pretty weird. He sounds great though, I'll get used to it.