Awoo.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC VOICE CAST

Woun

That was fast, but I was glad to hear some of their clips here and there, not much though. On to find footage somewhere else.

Alright, I have to say, Jet sounds like more of a prick then before, but that's okay because he is a douche and a tool, and Shadow... I think I may learn to like this character now with that bad ass voice, everyone else sounds spectacul- That's... A lie, Amy sounds so... Squeaky, kind of odd, but I suppose you aren't supposed to like her, and just think of her as a annoying stalker, if that's what they're going for with the character, then great.

06 isn't canon. It said so itself; at the end.

And you're right. Besides, we heard him say 1 sentence, so lets not get hasty with the judgements.

What I hate is that for some characters (Knuckles ect..) they are trying to copy the 4KIDS voice actors like if the SA1-SA2 Voice actors did a bad job. When it was the other way around!! I don't want 4KIDS to be the standard! the 4Kids standard is garbage imo.

The SoA Directors of the voice actors are tools! seriously is like half the staff of SEGA is composed of chimps.

At least the voice actors this time are more professional, I wonder why Mike Pollock is still in the cast (He mustve bribed SEGA), I've heard better actors for Eggman than him, then again millions love his acting, Im not big on him at all.

What ever, I just want to listen to more lines.

Edited by Aries
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What I hate is that they are trying to copy the 4KIDS voice actors like the SA1-SA2 Voice actor did a bad job.

Ugh!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I wonder if some of them may sound different in future games. Like Sonic sounds more like Griffith here and quite different in Colors, as an example.

"Cmon ya big drip, where ya goin?"

"Lets show that creep the true power of Teamwork!"

Cause we're Sonic Heroes!"

"Aw Yea! This is Happenin!"

"Lets use the true power of Chaos Control!"

Honestly, the 4Kids and SA1-Sonic Heroes voices were all crap(At least the 4Kids voices were somewhat better in Black Knight and Unleashed though).

Edited by Aries
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I wonder if some of them may sound different in future games. Like Sonic sounds more like Griffith here and quite different in Colors, as an example.

I never played any riders games properly so cant comment on the exclusive voices for that game (jet etc.)

But honestly I prefer pretty much the whole old cast. I thought Griffith was a great Sonic. But Roger is also very good. I like consistency, stay with Roger for a whole sega pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Rouge is also a massive improvement.

But yes my only real gripes is Shadow and Amy. Shadow sounds like a vampire, and amys voice is just ridiculously high pitched.

SO GLAD WE HAVE MIKE FOR EGGY

Ok having listened to them a number of times over the last few hours, here are my thoughts:

Sonic: Same as my reaction to the Colours clip. I wish they'd got Ryan Drummond, but Roger is doing a very good job!

Tails: Again same as with the Colours clip, the best Tails voice since Corey Bringas! I am very happy.

Knuckles: I'm on the fence at the moment, need to hear more, though I'd prefer it to be deeper.

Amy: Again I'm on the fence and need to hear more but its definitely not as good Jennifer Douillards.

Shadow: On the fence again. Not too keen on what I've heard so far but If it moves more towards David Humphrey's I'll be happy.

Rouge: Thankfully they got her voice right! Definitely not as good as Lani’s but is sooooooooo much better than the 4kids VA.

Cream: Very good, possibly her best voice yet!

Vector: I’m on the fence, really need to here more to make a decision.

Omichao: Fine, not as good as Lani’s voice for him in Sonic Adventure 2, but then hes never sounded as good since.

Edited by Doctor Sοnic

Ok having listened to them a number of times over the last few hours, here are my thoughts:

Sonic: Same as my reaction to the Colours clip. I wish they'd got Ryan Drummond, but Roger is doing a very good job!

Tails: Again same as with the Colours clip, the best Tails voice since Corey Bringas! I am very happy.

Knuckles: I'm on the fence at the moment, need to hear more, though I'd prefer it to be deeper.

Amy: Again I'm on the fence and need to hear more but its definitely not as good Jennifer Douillards.

Shadow: On the fence again. Not too keen on what I've heard so far but If it moves more towards David Humphrey's I'll be happy.

Rouge: Thankfully they got her voice right! Definitely not as good as Lani’s but is sooooooooo much better than the 4kids VA.

Cream: Very good, possibly her best voice yet!

Vector: I’m on the fence, really need to here more to make a decision.

Omichao: Fine, not as good as Lani’s voice for him in Sonic Adventure 2, but then hes never sounded as good since.

Edited by Aries

We still don't know who voices who until SEGA or someone would actually reveal the new voice cast, as what all these forum posters say is pure speculation. God forbid, I hope no Kingdom Hearts series VAs or Disney VAs are voicing any of the Sonic characters. If that is the case, then I will be very disappointed (although I like Tails' new voice).

I still don't have Sonic Free Riders, nor do I have the Kinect, yet, so I can't really tell right now.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

May as well say my quick views on the voices:

Sonic - Yup, still good! I have no gripes with Rogers Sonic voice at all, sure makes me forget Jasons Sonic already.

Tails - Kate pretty much fixed what Palant was trying to accomplish for the voice, and she makes him sound much more boyish than girlish.

Knuckles - Will admit that he has a hint of Dan Green, only with improvements and better voice direction (I question those who detest his new voice but I won't go causing an argument over opinions lol)

Amy - Am I the only one who feels like Lisa Ortiz was a decent Amy? Though from what I remember, eh.. the new voice sounded okay.

Cream - Same old, same old... but bearable.

Vector - I don't know, err.. slightly better than before at the very least?

Shadow - Woah, Shadow sure sounds suave now, doesn't he? I'm almost not sure what to make of this, but he's certainly not terrible.

Rouge - Funny enough, I do agree on the Faye Valentine influence, and it sure is a LOT better than the previous VA.

As for the Babylon Rogues (which I'm not all that worried about):

Jet - Again, least it isn't Jason struggling to find some other voice, sure suits his cocky and douchebag attitude to me.

Wave - Didn't have a problem with her before, and I still don't now, she's all good.

Storm - I don't remember much of Storm's previous voice much but again, its all right and fits him.

Overall, fairly happy with the new voice cast, I applaud their efforts!

Edited by Eth

Vector talks like his 4Kids Voice but sounds like the original one. hmm.

I wish I had this game :/

Edited by Aries

Hmm, time for my response!

Sonic: Not liking the Griffith-feel here (which luckily wasn't in Colors), Griffith's up-down tone was my biggest dislike about that voice.

Tails: Great! But in all honesty as far as women voices go... I still kinda like Lainie's voice from the OVA best, I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's because I'm used to the stuffed-nose sound of women doing young boys. :P

Knux: Dan Greenish, but I like it, it's nice knowing that this isn't someone I've heard 1000 times... including in Hentai. XD

Shadow: So much better than whispering Griffith, he got back his accent, awesome!

Amy: Yep, can't unhear the Minnie voice (only after reading that impression, I couldn't put my finger on where I've heard it before. :P), but it works, hey, Minnie is one damn popular girlfriend in the animation industry is she not? XD

Cream: Sounds just fine! Rebecca actually really improved in Winter Games, but no matter. :)

Vector: LOVE the new voice, especially when he says "DANG IT!". XD Dan Green also really nailed him in Winter Games, but also like Cream, no matter. :)

Rouge: YESH!!! No more hooker Rouge! She sounds just like she should, YES! :D

Omochao: I agree that Laura Bailey should've been Amy (and I can also tell it's her, she did Marta in TOS:DOTNW, Huepoe in Klonoa, etc). But he sounds better than he did with Palant doing the voice.

Jet: I too had grown on Griffith's voice (sounding very similar to Doug Parker's Terrorsaur from Beast Wars was awesome!), but now he kinda sounds like Spooky from Casper's Haunted Christmas, also by Mainframe (was Spooky done by Sam Vincent?). I like it.

Wave: Not too different than Bella's, it's good.

Storm: Much better actually, and if that is indeed Lex Lang, then AWESOME!!! Cortex FTW! :D

I think that's all of them so far. :)

Sonic: Gonna spend some time on this guy right here. I'll admit I actually like it better here than what I heard in the colors footage. (don't shoot me pweeze!) Maybe I'm just used to mediocrity, but I felt right at home hearing his Ryan-ish voice with Jason's tone and up-and-down inflections, and the fact that it was just a higher pitch, made it better to me. So yeah, I like it, even though I know this may not be what we'll be getting in Colors and beyond.

Tails: Great, really sounds natural, almost as if Bringas was on the starting end of puberty. No complaints.

Knuckles: Now, this one's pretty good, but the tone just sounds too similar to Green. Like I've said before, there's almost no real point in changing an actor if the follow-up sounds exactly the same; not unless it's intentional, such as something happening to the previous actor to prevent them from reprising their role. But, all-in-all, I like it, It's like Dan, but with better direction and sounds more natural. I was really hoping for that Sa2-Heroes sound, but this is still great.

Amy: At first I didn't like it but once she hit the "You owe meee~" I was sold. No real complaints, as shes supposed to be annoying, though I'd prefer she didn't stress things as much so she doesn't sound like Minnie. The tone's there though and I guess that's what counts.

Cream: Great. Just great. I used to watch the power puff girls (You KNOW you did too >3>) and think "Boy, Bubbles voice would make a great Cream..." And that's pretty much what we got. It's awesome.

Vector: Sounds good for the most part. Put a little less stress in the voice, and maybe throw in the Heroes accent, and we've got a deal.

Shadow: Sounds like Sa2 Shadow, which is good, as I really didn't think they'd even try to pull it off. My only gripe is how GOOD the actor is at making me piss myself with the 'sinister' edge he adds to the voice, it almost makes me wish Sega would make him evil again so the voice actually makes sense. But it really is Shadow's best voice so far in my opinion. Unlike the previous two, he can actually make his voice 'heard' above the background music.

Rouge: Someone threw the first two actors into the blender, and this was the result. Sounds similar to 4kids Rouge, but with Sa2-Heroes Rouge's tone. It also sounds natural as ever, very fitting.

Jet: I actually like it more than most. Again, maybe I'm used to mediocrity, but I was right at home with his "Sonic the Heedgehaaawg."

Wave: Sounds very similar to the last one, but better somehow. I would bring up the argument I brought up with Knux, but I, for some reason, just really like this Wave voice for some reason, no complaints.

Storm: I actually kinda liked Dan Green better in all honesty. Storm's missing the raspy-ness now. =(

From Jordan in the TSS comments:

THIS JUST IN. I just got a confirmation email from a va Cream is actually voiced by Michelle Ruff

Shadow and Rouge are made of sex.

Literally. They both sound like they're trying to seduce the very air around them. Not a bad thing, it's a nice turn for Shadow.

Rouge is pretty much still Rouge though.

Also Knuckles is more energetic than Sonic and it's great. He seems so pent up, like he's constantly being teas-

oh

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow's new voice.

Seriously, it sounds so very good. Sure it sounds a little older, but its kinda how I imagined the voice to sound anyway.

Besides, despite its deep vampirishness, you can actually hear some sophisticated arrogance, which is perfect in my opinion.

I finally got to hear the Rouges but I have one thing to say...

Jet sounds like he came from a Looney Tunes cartoon

That is all

Edited by Crow the BOOLET