Awoo.

"I fell out of a 6th Story window as a kid...

DarkOverord

...right into the arms of a doctor, without a scratch, how insanely lucky was I? Non?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11673774

French media are describing as a "miracle" the unscathed survival of an 18-month-old infant who fell from a sixth-floor apartment.

The boy was left unattended by his parents when he somehow fell, then bounced off the awning of a cafe below.

He had a further stroke of luck when a passing doctor saw him fall and caught him before he hit the ground, witnesses were quoted as saying.

The doctor found no injuries but he was taken to hospital for a check-up.

Initial reports, picked up by the BBC, suggested the baby was a girl, but he was later established to be a boy.

His dramatic fall and rescue took place on the corner of the Cours de Vincennes and the Rue des Pyrenees, in the 20th arrondissement, late on Monday afternoon.

A man living in a building opposite the apartment told France Info he saw the baby playing by the window with a girl a few years older.

They were coming and going from the window, he said, and he had a feeling something bad might happen.

The man who caught the boy was walking by with his wife and son, who spotted the boy falling.

Another witness told Le Figaro that the doctor positioned himself by the awning and caught the boy in his arms after he bounced off it.

The witness, Francois, said the boy cried a bit at first but quickly calmed down.

The doctor, identified as Philippe Benseniot by France Info, said it was pure luck.

"I was there at the right time," he told France Info.

Correction 4 November 2010: Following French media, we initially reported that the baby was a girl, but have corrected the story to say he was a boy.

We don't get enough stories like this. I mean. This kid is INSANELY lucky. Not only did he fall out of the 6th Story window unharmed. He was caught by a doctor. So if he WAS injured, he landed in the arms of the perfect guy to help.

Bloody hell...

• Thumbs Up 3

That's like something you'd see on tv. Absolutely crazy. People are talking about how lucky the kid is, but the doctor's the more interesting part of the story I think. What a hero!

That's like something you'd see on tv. Absolutely crazy. People are talking about how lucky the kid is, but the doctor's the more interesting part of the story I think. What a hero!

Well doctor's do save lives. ;D

But yeah, heroic of him and a nice story even if they should close the window in a room where a baby can roam free. D< BABY-PROOF HOUSE PEOPLES.

That's one lucky kid. That doctor better get a huge raise.

Just give him France. It's worth about as much as his yearly salary right now.

(HURHURHURHURHUR)

That's pretty awesome. Babies die waaaayyy too often because they can be in one room, and then outside literally in the span of 40 seconds. Fuckin' things crawl EVERYWHERE.

However, now I'm mad that this kinda shit doesn't happen more often. Screw you, universe of dicks.

Holy crap!

Hopefully after this incident the parents will be too spooked to ever leave the kid alone where he has access to a sixth story exit.