Awoo.

Wii or DS for Sonic Colors?

Vulpine

Not sure if this topic was discussed before, but if you are going to get Sonic Colors, which version would you prefer (or like better)? The Wii version or the DS version?

As far as I am concerned, I might be getting both versions, but that's just me being an optimistic Sonic fan who appreciates the series as a whole. Both versions are good games so take your pick if you want.

Too bad this game isn't coming to the Playstation 3, X-Box 360, PSP, and PC/Mac though (I'm also a Sony and Microsoft gamer, and appreciate all game consoles). However, SEGA might re-release it on those consoles if the Nintendo versions sell well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Getting both, I'm expecting to enjoy the Wii version more. Not to say I won't like the DS version a lot too, just saying.

Getting both versions, but most excited for the Wii version.

Makes a change to be able to look forward to a 3D Sonic game more than a 2D one!

I'll probably only get the Wii version. The DS version looks great and all, but to be honest it just doesn't interest me as much as the Wii version does. That, and I know for a fact that the Wii version will last longer for me.

I'll probably get both. I mostly want the Wii version since it's the "proper" version, and looks better in general... Plus I tend to prefer 3D Sonic games to 2D ones.

But the DS version is different enough to justify a purchase, and even if it's not as good, it still looks like a good game. Plus the story is different since there are extra characters; I remember Iizuka saying that the DS version will allow players to get a better understanding of the story... I guess I care about the story too much for my own good.

It's all worked out for the better for me. It's my birthday on the 20th, the Saturday of the week following Colours' release. So I've ordered the DS version and will be playing it from the day it comes out. But, as the DS version is quite clearly the lesser experience, I'm going to skip all the cutscenes and special stages until my birthday. My parents have ordered the Wii version for me. =P

I'll be getting both DS & Wii but I'll be getting the Wii version first and the DS version later on in the month because I'll won't have a DSi till the 24th of November =).

Edited by Shaddix

It's my birthday on the 21st so i'm getting the Wii version on the 12th. I'm going to give more priority to the Wii version of course because it's prettier and has more Wisps and looks more expansive but i'll soon get the DS version because I loved the demo.

I've preorderd them both and picking them up on launch day. I'll probably end up playing the Wii version more, though.

Edited by sonfan1984

Both. Since both games are mostly 2D and the gameplay is almost identical, well, lets just say the DS version is like extra DLC content, you either want the extra levels or you don't. I, since I have a good paying job now, do.

I'll get both. But I'll have to wait to play them, since I can't wear my contacts anymore and I have to wait for my glasses and I'm getting my eyes checked on the 15th D:

Edited by MarcelloF

I pre-ordered both versions online: DS from GameStop, Wii from Amazon.com. I will stream the Wii version on Justin.tv after I get my copy in the mail through Release Date Delivery.

angry.gif Where is that dam 3th cha... err version of this game..

If theres no coming xbox 360 version.. I gone mad! I angry.gifSHOW MY ULTIMATE ANGST TO WORLD!!angry.gif

"OMEGA'S VOICE; Mode change; resuming to sonic mode"

But C'MON i just need to chill out and enjoy my live.. Mayde those silly eggheads make someday Xbox version..

But if no... Some egghead gona regret this..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 4

angry.gif Where is that dam 3th cha... err version of this game..

If theres no coming xbox 360 version.. I gone mad! I angry.gifSHOW MY ULTIMATE ANGST TO WORLD!!angry.gif

"OMEGA'S VOICE; Mode change; resuming to sonic mode"

But C'MON i just need to chill out and enjoy my live.. Mayde those silly eggheads make someday Xbox version..

But if no... Some egghead gona regret this..

Wai- Duh erm, what?

Wai- Duh erm, what?

Oh pally "facepalm" ... I mean hopefully in some happy sunny day.. I get my COOL SONIC COLORS game for xbox 360.

Definitely Wii Version. Watching the DS demo on Youtube definitely killed my interest. It seem so... bland compared to the Rush Games. I'll still get it, but the level shown was bland as hell.

Also, Wii version out this Friday in UK! Can't wait. Haven't been this excited for a Sonic game since... well, uh, 2006. *weeps*

Edited by Ammish

Definitely Wii Version. Watching the DS demo on Youtube definitely killed my interest. It seem so... bland compared to the Rush Games. I'll still get it, but the level shown was bland as hell.

Also, Wii version out this Friday in UK! Can't wait. Haven't been this excited for a Sonic game since... well, uh, 2006. *weeps*

Actually, Sonic Colors DS has a lot more going on than Rush, in fact, if they took out the Wisps and Boost, Sonic Colors DS could be a Sonic 4. And good thing is that the game doesn't force the homing attack on you, barely any homing chains, which is great.

The DS version shouldn't even exist.

It's the Wii equivalent of Unleashed.

Yeah, it shouldn't exist. Much like the Wii version of Unleashed shouldn't have existed. If you don't have the right console then that's your problem and you should deal with it. And God forbid you ever want two completely different versions of the same game.

wait what

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Ill end up getting both, but I'll get DS first and wait a bit, to see if this rumour of an Xbox 360 version comes to fruition, then I'll get the better better version :D, if not, then Wii will just have to do :)

Though I still find it pointless to no release the sequal to Sonic Unleashed on Xbox or PS3....

Though I still find it pointless to no release the sequal to Sonic Unleashed on Xbox or PS3....

I'll be getting the Wii version, and my older bro will grab the DS version whenever he feels like it. Even if my bro weren't interested, I'd probably grab the DS version some other time, since I would like to play both versions anyway. Especially after testing the DS demo out, who could not want to try out that version? Its like what Sonic Rush should of been really.. though I'm not saying that the Rush series was bad or anything, but they sure were "boost-a-lot" games.

But thats besides the point... point is that I'm looking much more forward to the 3D game than the 2D.

Edited by Eth