Awoo.

Wii or DS for Sonic Colors?

Vulpine

Too right I do, it's a damn sight better than the shit what is Sonic Colours Wii (IMO). At least the music's actually catchy

It is the exact same damn music.

The DS version has the LOW QUALITY version, the Wii version has the HIGH QUALITY. It's the same music otherwise. That makes no sense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It is the exact same damn music.

The DS version has the LOW QUALITY version, the Wii version has the HIGH QUALITY. It's the same music otherwise. That makes no sense.

It makes no sense, because I was on about the music in Sonic 4...

It makes no sense, because I was on about the music in Sonic 4...

When you like the DS music, but say the Wii music isn't catchy, it makes no sense.

Compare Terminal Velocity for example.

DS

Wii

They're the same song. You keep giving the Wii version's music as a reason you don't like it, but it's not a reason to dislike the DS version?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Too right I do, it's a damn sight better than the shit what is Sonic Colours Wii (IMO). At least the music's actually catchy and the gameplay's actually fun : ) Sonic Colours Wii however, is the complete opposite, if I say so myself >.< Although the DS version is pretty good.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

When you like the DS music, but say the Wii music isn't catchy, it makes no sense.

DS

Wii

They're the same song. You keep giving the Wii version's music as a reason you don't like it, but it's not a reason to dislike the DS version?

Why Terminal Velocity?

What I'm trying to understand is how someone could prefer this bastardization over the original.

The DS version of Aquarium Park's OST was so terrible I had to lower the volume to about 50% to even tolerate it.

That was before I stepped into the water. I wasn't ready for that.

For anyone who hasn't played the DS version, like the Wii version, whenever you go underwater in Aquarium Park the music changes. In the Wii version, it gets quieter and slightly less distorted. In the DS version, they completely remove the percussion. It sounds terrible.

I agree with Chooch. The DS version felt like Rush but with less boost. I thought this would be great, but instead, since it removed the trick system and slowed down considerably, it ended up making the game feel boring. Hell, the level design wasn't even all that different either. In both Rush and the DS version, you spend most of your time running in a straight line. In Rush, you're completely booking it, going fast as hell and pulling off as many tricks as possible to keep your speed up. In Colors DS, you're just running. That's it.

I stopped at Planet Wisp; I just couldn't take any more.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't get what's so bad about AP on DS. Especially since that was the version I heard first, I absolutely love it. The Wii version is better though. PW is the stinker.

Hey guys. Stop being retarded for a sec and check this out.

"Too right I do, [sonic 4 is] a damn sight better than the shit what is Sonic Colours Wii (IMO). At least the music [in Sonic 4 is] actually catchy and the gameplay's actually fun : ) Sonic Colours Wii however, is the complete opposite, if I say so myself >.< Although the DS version is pretty good."

Where does he say he likes Colors DS's music more than Colors Wii's? Looks to me like he says he likes Colors DS more than Wii overall and doesn't touch upon the music. Additionally, and as a completely separate thought, he mentions that Sonic 4's music is better than Colors'.

"It makes no sense, because I was on about the music in Sonic 4..."

He then goes on to TELL YOU THIS EXPLICITLY, but I guess everyone's too busy calling him crazy for something he didn't say to actually read his post???

Make no mistake, the idea that S4 is better than Colors is stupid, but come ON. Stop trying to argue against something that he never actually said. It just makes you guys look like blithering retards.

Edited by Joshi
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

fdhksjadhsajd Why didn't they just make all the songs for the DS version like they did the Game Land tunes?

Game Land 7 is another mix of Terminal Velocity that doesn't use real instruments that sounds so much better. I mean fuck, just listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx0Vr0GcVpE

Why can't the DS sound like that?

DS

Wii

You've said the music in the DS version is good but the Wii version is shit. It's the same freakin music. So why give the music a reason to hate the Wii version but not the DS version?

I only liked about two or three songs in Sonic 4 that is catchy. Everything else is pretty forgettable and it doesn't even compare to the soundtrack in Colors (both versions) or the older games.

Uhh no, like I said if you read my post carefully and read the quote above it mentioning Sonic 4, I was saying how I find the music in Sonic 4 so much catchier, I never mentioned anything about liking any version of the Sonic Colours soundtrack...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Hey guys. Stop being retarded for a sec and check this out.

"Too right I do, [sonic 4 is] a damn sight better than the shit what is Sonic Colours Wii (IMO). At least the music [in Sonic 4 is] actually catchy and the gameplay's actually fun : ) Sonic Colours Wii however, is the complete opposite, if I say so myself >.< Although the DS version is pretty good."

Where does he say he likes Colors DS's music more than Colors Wii's? Looks to me like he says he likes Colors DS more than Wii overall and doesn't touch upon the music. Additionally, and as a completely separate thought, he mentions that Sonic 4's music is better than Colors'.

"It makes no sense, because I was on about the music in Sonic 4..."

He then goes on to TELL YOU THIS EXPLICITLY, but I guess everyone's too busy calling him crazy for something he didn't say to actually read his post???

Make no mistake, the idea that S4 is better than Colors is stupid, but come ON. Stop trying to argue against something that he never actually said. It just makes you guys look like blithering retards.

Alright, but you can explained it without being rude and the insults. :)

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

Truth be told, I can put up with the music. Most of it's pretty good, Sweet Mountain in particular sounds great. Planet Wisp on the other hand is an abomination.

please Sega dont listen to him :(

nah, j/k, but is my favorite song of the OST

On the OST sure, but on the DS? That's what I'm talking about.

oh, you're talking about the DS version, didnt get that.

Yeah, the melody lead sound isnt very good, the bassline still sounds really good IMO, its probably the most downgraded song compared to the wii version, but I think it stills sounds good enough

Edited by Ferr

My main problem with Planet Wisp's music on DS was that it gets interrupted every 10 seconds by endless mandatory drilling sections.

• Thumbs Up 2

Planet Wisp on the DS was pretty much slaughtered. In fact, almost the entire soundtrack was (well, at least the music I care about anyway). It would have been better if they had used (downgraded) music straight from the Wii version, which several games do. As an example,

- mind you, this particular song is from a game rip, not the official OST, which of course presents the music from its original recordings. But it still sounds great, and you certainly can't call this bad quality sound for a DS game. Sega probably did this for the orchestral songs and vocal songs, didn't really pay attention to them.

Well it's the issue of space. They already had a handful of mp3 songs and FMVs on the cartridge, and a larger size cartridge means a more expensive cartridge for them I assume. Had to draw the line somewhere.

Prof. Layton has a lot of FMVs and voice acting, and Elite Beat Agents has a lot of mp3 music, but both these games have much simpler visuals and are generally less demanding of the console than Sonic games (I'm under the impression boss battles are pretty pricey... the DS was only really designed with displaying 3D on one screen at a time in mind).

Well whatever. People don't have to like Colours Wii. It cannot be called shit, because it isn't. However, its just above average, not spectacular.

Frankly though, neither version is particularly outstanding. Advanced 1 or Pocket Adventure are still way better.

@Sonic

I don't get that the Music is concern in the Wii version, but its not a concern in the DS version where its considerably worse.

That just confuses me.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

Where are people getting the idea that she admitted to liking the DS version's music, but not the Wii version's? Somebody please give me a direct quote, I've read her posts in this topic to date and can't find a single sentence that suggests this.

Moving on...

Why do the Dimps games get uglier and uglier? Advance 1 looked good, Advance 2 was also quite nice, Advance 3 did away with things like parallax, Rush then simplified the level tiles immensely, Rush Adventure really looked pretty offensive and then Colours DS looks like this:

sonic-colors-20100915071049158.jpg

Like... what's happening?

Edited by Blue Blood

Many video game companies improve with each successive game released. Dimps just goes "fuck that shit" instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Moving on...

Why do the Dimps games get uglier and uglier? Advance 1 looked good, Advance 2 was also quite nice, Advance 3 did away with things like parallax, Rush then simplified the level tiles immensely, Rush Adventure really looked pretty offensive and then Colours DS looks like this:

sonic-colors-20100915071049158.jpg

Like... what's happening?

The models themselves in the Rush games get worse also. Or it might be the animation. Rush had pretty good graphics, and then Rush Adevnture slaughtered them, and now Colors DS has Sonic waving his arms in the air when he runs. Seriously what.

The models themselves in the Rush games get worse also. Or it might be the animation. Rush had pretty good graphics, and then Rush Adevnture slaughtered them, and now Colors DS has Sonic waving his arms in the air when he runs. Seriously what.

Oh god, I laughed at that! I'm going to try and take a screenshot as an example, but in Colours you can't actually see his body when he's running.

All this, and the Wii version has some pretty wonderful visuals. Hahaha