Awoo.

Sonic 20th Anniversary Merchandise

Kjeldo

Title says it.

I found this on PBMExpress, a comany which delivers merchandise to very much stores here in the netherlands.

Link: http://www.pbmexpress.nl/epages/PBMExpress.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/PBMExpress/Products/TMBGAB014

It says the following:

Gachabox Capsule Sonic Buildable

TMBGAB014

Only available in the Netherlands.

Buildable Figures featuring Sonic in his many guises over the past 2 decades.

Joined by his friend and main character in the property Knuckles.

This collection will celebrate Sonic’s Anniversary and reach old and new fans alike.

Case Quantity: 18

TMBGAB014.jpg

Apparently, inside these balls are certain parts of the Jazwares mini figures. Pretty cool, eh?

I see Sonic, Werehog, Black Knight, Metal, Super Sonic, and Knuckles.

Most of these are unavailable over here, so, you bet I'm getting these!

They'll probably be inside slot machines and "Insert Coin" machines at mall.

build your own Metal Sonic?!

*turns head to look directly at you, yes you! The person reading this word.*

Wow!

BLUE.... SPHERES? AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

All jokes aside, that's nice.

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay, Metal Sonic, BLACK KNIGHT SONIC, a freaking YELLOW Sonic, WEREHOG, Knuckles, But no freaking Tails, Shadow, Amy, GYAAAH. Oh, and it's only available in one country in Europe. Maybe it's a good thing that it sucks, I'm less likely to want it.

And don't say 'But Shadow has nothing to do with the 20th anniversary!' neither does the Werehog, Metal, Sonic with a sword, or a yellow Sonic.

The lack of Tails or Robotnik is severely disappointing. Perhaps there will be a batch two? D: Still, it looks a little odd with all those Sonics and then random Knux.

• Thumbs Up 2

*starts to collect them all*

Wa-ooop, wa-ooop, wa-ooop, wa-ooop, wa-ooop, wa-ooop, wa-ooop...

*ends up with a Super Sonic sporting Knuckles' gloves*

Brrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Special Stage:

- Score: 0

- Rings: 0

- Perfect: 0

• Thumbs Up 2

And don't say 'But Shadow has nothing to do with the 20th anniversary!' neither does the Werehog, Metal, Sonic with a sword, or a yellow Sonic.

You don't know, perhaps they redesign Super Sonic an make the Werehog return! WITH A SWORD!!!!1!!one!!11!!

I'm not quite sure though wethrer or not you get it in parts... Maybe it was a typo or a midunderstanding situation, as the whole fig for just £1 insert would be pretty neat!

Nonetheless I'm gonna throw in all my money to get Knux & Metal friggin Sonic! (and Werehog, perhaps)

By the way, Jazwares never released a yellow 3" Sonic, right? A new Super Sonic fig or just the same cover error as on Jazwares' SuperPack ad box?

lol @ yellow sonic.

Seems pretty cool but its lacking the usual anniversary logo and with yellow sonic there I'm guess this is just a prototype boxshot.

It's missing:

• Tails
  • Shadow
  • Eggman
  • Blaze
  • Silver
  • Rouge
  • Big
  • Amy
  • Espio
  • Wisps
  • an ACTUAL Super Sonic

And that's about it so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's missing:

• Tails
  • Shadow
  • Eggman
  • Blaze
  • Silver
  • Rouge
  • Big
  • Amy
  • Espio
  • Wisps
  • an ACTUAL Super Sonic

Darn I'd DIE for all of those ( well, maybe not, as when I'm dead, i don't think I can look at 'em :-/ )

It's missing:

• Tails
  • Shadow
  • Eggman
  • Blaze
  • Silver
  • Rouge
  • Big
  • Amy
  • Espio
  • Wisps
  • an ACTUAL Super Sonic

Don't forget Vector and Charmy.

Don't think I've ever seen Gacha balls inside an arcade machine, i normally find them in game stores on the counter, usually £2-5 a ball. Will be interesting to see if they eventually make it over to the UK.

The lack of Tails or Robotnik is severely disappointing. Perhaps there will be a batch two? D: Still, it looks a little odd with all those Sonics and then random Knux.

Thats... a very good point... where is Tails? That looks very strange that he's not in, Robotnik, I can sorta understand, but Knuckles over tails? How very odd a decision.

What's weird is, they used Sonic four different times, I would be Ok if released an acutal Super Sonic, and not just a recolor of the original(I mean didn't they just release a 3 in. Super Sonic)

Why are they releasing toys for games they took off the market?

To make money? And better advertise the series?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I would be inclined to think that not including Shadow was part of Segas new grand "let's pretend the last decade of Sonic's history didn't happen"-strategy, but the presence of Dark Knight Sonic and the Werehog disproves that theory...

To make money? And better advertise the series?

Oh yea, because after playing Black Knight I totally want a Sonic toy with a sword and Unleashed just made me want a Werehog toy so bad.

Oh yea, because after playing Black Knight I totally want a Sonic toy with a sword and Unleashed just made me want a Werehog toy so bad.

Actually Unleashed did make me want a Werehog toy. (thought process: Werehog - Awesome, i want a cuddly one, Gameplay - oh, oh well)

For the UK Residents - Game often carries these little spheres with toys in them, they had the Mario Galaxy ones (last year was it?) anyone reckon they might be selling these?

LOL, these are for sale in my former home country? XD That's really strange~

I love seeing Knuxie there (obviously <3), but it is pretty darn strange how there's no Tails, or Eggman...and then a bunch of random Sonic's including a yellow one. O_o

That's nice. I never knew you felt like getting one. B)

I'm sure others would think the same as well if they're real big collectors of stuff from the series, as well as those who want to get into the series and find those kinds of things interesting.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I wish they were selling Sonic toys like those near where I live... in my local supermarket there are Mario Kart toys, Pokemon toys and more, but nothing Sonic. But then again, that's probably better for my wallet.

I agree that the choice of characters is strange. In particular, I don't see the point of having both regular Sonic and Sonic-with-Caliburn. On the other hand, I think it's nice that they are not forgetting about past games like Unleashed and Black Knight.