Awoo.

Unused & Beta Sonic Colors Material

Agent York

The lack of a sound test and concept art was an intentional decision (the sound test was probably left out to encourage people to buy the soundtrack; the concept art could be anything from space issues to "meh, it's just a bonus, let's not bother with it this time"). The unused robots are most likely just cut content, stuff that was planned but never entirely finished (this stuff happens all the time), and the boss music is longer in case people take longer

How do you know all those stuff?

What i find thought that you find an Excuse to call 'your opinion is so terrible' which is bashing opinions = trolling, you could have responded nicer to be honest, just say 'i disagree because...etc' instead of 'No, Your opinion is so terrible, your opinion is non sense, End of the story'.

Edited by speedduelist
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Because it actually makes sense, and is common in video games.

Seriously Speedduelist, your claim is completely stupid and nobody believes it. Just stop while you're ahea-

Just stop before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

What i find thought that you find an Excuse to call 'your opinion is so terrible'.

... What?

• Thumbs Up 2

Because I have some knowledge of the process of making a game, I have a reasonable amount of common sense, I can rate the likelihood of one explanation over another, and I don't latch onto ridiculous and baseless theories and whine about bias when evidence and good sense imply that I'm wrong.
  • Thumbs Up 5

Because I have some knowledge of the process of making a game, I have a reasonable amount of common sense, I can rate the likelihood of one explanation over another, and I don't latch onto ridiculous and baseless theories and whine about bias when evidence and good sense imply that I'm wrong.

its not baseless. you Read my post correctly, their are a lot of un-used stuff, the Final boss Music is Longer than the actual boss fight, Their are Dark Egg pawns that were never used in Terminal Velocity, the Un-Used clips actually Reveals a possiable Sonic transformations, and Eggman does say 'Chaos emeralds' when they weren't in the story to begin with (or at least in the build we had).

also put a link to your sources, you are not a developer.

and we all know the iphone version of sonic 4 was an old build.

we all know that the E3 Demo of Sonic 06 before release was much better than the original Build.

and I have an opinion, you don't need to bash it, just disagree reasoning why instead of bashing me.

I am done posting about this subject.

Edited by speedduelist

Because, honestly, it's common sense.

What i find thought that you find an Excuse to call 'your opinion is so terrible' which is bashing opinions = trolling, you could have responded nicer to be honest, just say 'i disagree because...etc' instead of 'No, Your opinion is so terrible, your opinion is non sense, End of the story'.

You speak as if it isn't possible for opinions to be wrong. It very much is.

• Thumbs Up 2

its not baseless. you Read my post correctly, their are a lot of un-used stuff, the Final boss Music is Longer than the actual boss fight, Their are Dark Egg pawns that were never used in Terminal Velocity, the Un-Used clips actually Reveals a possiable Sonic transformations, and Eggman does say 'Chaos emeralds' when they werne't in the story to begin with (or at least in the build we had).

So by your logic, does that mean we were given an "old build" of Sonic 3, since it has levels that clearly don't exist in-game in the level select?

Sonic3LevelSelect.png

• Thumbs Up 5

and Eggman does say 'Chaos emeralds' when they werne't in the story to begin with (or at least in the build we had).

Oh my god. You don't really believe stories are actually rewritten with every new build of a game, right? Right?

There's no way you can actually believe the nonsense you're spouting. We're being trolled.

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 5

its not baseless. you Read my post correctly, their are a lot of un-used stuff, the Final boss Music is Longer than the actual boss fight, Their are Dark Egg pawns that were never used in Terminal Velocity, the Un-Used clips actually Reveals a possiable Sonic transformations, and Eggman does say 'Chaos emeralds' when they werne't in the story to begin with (or at least in the build we had).

1: Most games make the final boss music long. Examples could include Super Mario Galaxy 2, where it's possible to defeat Bowser in 0:30-1:00 when the track is about 2 minutes long before looping. Sonic Adventure, Perfect Chaos Phase 2 is another example. Live and Learn is longer than the Final Hazard boss. It's typical nature to make boss tracks longer than the average player hears of it. It means if you ARE struggling, you're not listening to a repetitive track and getting even more frustrated.

2: Well done, there's scrapped model data. This isn't the first time that's happened in a Sonic Game...

3: Unused clips? Dig in Sonic Adventure, they have a clip of turning into Super Sonic, Tidal Waves, and etc. VA's get paid to record more lines than what make it into the game in the end. And often they all end up on disk. There'll always be unused plot things lying around (My example is the Egg Carrier warning of a Tidal Wave).

Just because they exist doesn't mean a completely different old build... Final Products are normally just the old build with added things. It's rare for different game builds to be VERY different. Normally minor tweaks.

Edited by DarkOverord
  • Thumbs Up 2

its not baseless. you Read my post correctly,
It is baseless, and I did read your post correctly.

their are a lot of un-used stuff,
Yes, just like thousands of other games. This is a link to a site listing unused stuff from hundreds of games, some of which have tons more unused stuff than Colors (check out Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, or Donkey Kong Country, for example). This does not mean there are secret "finished" versions of these games, or that the company accidentally published unfinished versions of them.

the Final boss Music is Longer than the actual boss fight,
This depends on how long you spend fighting it. If you're not very good at the fight (but good enough to not die), you may take longer than the length of the song to finish.

Their are Dark Egg pawns that were never used in Terminal Velocity,
Actually they are used, but only as background elements; if you go slow during the Motobug section in the first act you can spot them falling. But still, even if they had a purpose beyond that, that is not proof that this is an unfinished version; going back to that site I linked above, you'll see that there are plenty of games with unused enemies. This is merely something they planned on putting in, but didn't finish, or changed their minds about.

the Un-Used clips actually Reveals a possiable Sonic transformations, and Eggman does say 'Chaos emeralds' when they werne't in the story to begin with (or at least in the build we had).
And once again, there are plenty of games with unused dialogue, be it voiced or text.

also put a link to your sources, you are not a developer.
Neither are you, kid! And I shouldn't need sources, this stuff is either common sense or can be figured out with some basic thought.

and we all know the iphone version of sonic 4 was an old build.

we all know that the E3 Demo of Sonic 06 before release was much better than the original Build.

Yeah, that's great, but it's got nothing to do with any of this. Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook.

This argument is dumb, and there is no point. I understand where the aggravation comes from, but I think you guys need to recognize when it's a lost cause.....or we could be here for 100 pages of pointless bickering.

I won't issue any strikes because I realize sometimes people can be frustrating, but this is your official warning and anymore of these shenanigans and tomfoolery will not be tolerated.

Inferno and Blueblood: You're better then video and one word posts guys. Frustrating as it is try to just ignore it rather then being swept into it.

Speedduealist: Here is a little tip that can be useful in life. When you find that nearly everyone else is in agreement about something that goes what you're arguing for, you may want to not play the bias card and instead -*~*`Listen`*~*- to what they're saying (and no, just glazing over doesn't count as listening......comprehend, think critically).

Also fix your grammar. I don't really understand why your shift key that doesn't work at the beginning of sentences suddenly pops up around the middle.

• Thumbs Up 6

Regarding Terminal Velocity's thematic Egg Pawns - they actually did appear in-game. Aside from the map screen, they made several "cameos" as falling debris in Act 1. I don't think they were ever really intended to be actual enemies - you're running far too fast in that stage to combat them, and they certainly aren't capable of keeping up with Sonic at those speeds anyways (their Aero-Chaser inspired brothers had that duty). Not to mention that judging from their outfits, they appear to be nothing more than maintenance Pawns stationed at the space elevator.

If anything, I think that their final appearance of falling to their doom was a bit of a nod to the past games in which the Egg Pawns end up in horrible situations right before the final boss - such as their mass retreat from Metal Sonic's Overlord transformation in Heroes, and being stuck in an underground shelter being progressively submerged in lava in ShTH. Not to mention that being portrayed as pathetic is kind of their shtick.

So I don't think they were ever intended to be anything more than background decoration.

Edited by Hunter_the_Christmas_Fan

Not rediouclous. the lack of sound test or concept art and the existense of the Robots in Terminal velocity and the un-used voice clips and the final boss music being far less than the actual battle,

is a big reason for me to think that that might have been an old build.

Every game has unused elements left on the disc. It doesn't mean anything.

Also, The disc we got would have been extensively tested before release. Missing a glitch during this testing that therefore ends up in the final game? Yeah that's possible. But someone playing through the game for testing purposes and not noticing a whole portion of the final boss is missing does not happen.

EDIT: Oh crap, forgot I left this topic open for like 2 hours of AFK before replying, lol. Barely relevant anymore.

Edited by JezMM

The vs mode originally used regular wisp music. When two players would combine wisps, the music would change. This was the combined Green Hover music.

EDIT: TYPOS! TYPOS EVERYWHERE

Edited by Aquaslash

And this is its own topic why?...

I think this could've been in the colors music topic and been okay.

FNGs...seriously...

And this is its own topic why?...

I think this could've been in the colors music topic and been okay.

FNGs...seriously...

Sue me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The "Unused Wisp Theme" topic has been merged into this one. When content easily may fit into other topics like this one, we usually feel it does not warrant a separate topic. =)

Alrighty, carry on then! ^.^

I don't like that wisp music very much if I'm honest.

Anyway, that butterfly badnik was meant to be in Colours? You mean they haven't completely ignored Sonic CD?! Funny, Colours contains more CD references (barely) than Sonic 4 does!

Too bad it didn't make it, it might have been cool.

The voice clips are also interesting, it may have either indicated a scrapped Super phase, or much more likely it may have just been boss banter, especially as it's clear that Sonic games are relatively finished since 06 came round. I prefer it the way it is though, but the boss battle could have been a bit longer and more interesting as I would have loved to hear the orchestrated Reach for the Stars more than 1/3 of the way through before winning =/