Awoo.

Sonic and the Black Knight Help Topic.

DarkDefeater

Has anyone managed to 5-star the last bosses King Arthur and The Dark Queen yet? Due to them following set patterns, it's actually quite easy if you just play over and over. Arthur just requires you to beat him swiftly and perfectly, and Dark Queen just needs you to slash constantly to break through the first dark barrier, and then strike her with the soul guage ASAP (after the first sword clash you have) and score nothing but perfect hits on her (which is easy, you just have to hit her in a perfect rhythm in which you wait half a second or so between each hit). It's very satisfying to do, as a 5-star rank involves beating Arthur in just 20 seconds or so, and the Dark Queen in about 1 minute.

I've only managed to beat Arthur with 5-stars (after many attempts in trying to beat him, that is). I was wondering why the second faze slashing was giving me troubles, though I later noticed a pattern, where certain slashes, I had to do instantly, before the remote icon appeared.

Still attempting the Black Queen, as I could get only 3-4 at the moment. And getting 5 stars on other missions is a chore in a sense.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ovarloard

• -Mark-

• Unholy Sonic

• DarkDefeater

Sheza... I think you're talking about King Arthur. If I'm right, then you should know you're not finished with the game yet. You're maybe two-thirds of the way there.

Anyways, I 5-starred King Arthur, but I can't seem to do so on Merlina.

And the rank isn't scored by time for the boss battles, apparently - it took me about a minute to beat Arthur without getting hit once. I was being safe and waiting for my soul gauge to have a full charge, so...

Once you memorize the sequence of sword swings, it's really easy.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

I need help finding the music medals, anyone know where I could find them?

Only seem to have Blaze's so far, and I'll need at least 6 more (if there is that many, and not counting Seven Rings in hand) for when I show off the Legacy stages in my playthrough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone know where to find Arthur's Legend 5?

It's the last book I need in order to unlock King Arthur in Battle mode...

Try Perfect Challenge in Knight's Passage, you can fail and still get it, in fact I think chances of finding it are higher if you fail.

I need help finding the music medals, anyone know where I could find them?

Only seem to have Blaze's so far, and I'll need at least 6 more (if there is that many, and not counting Seven Rings in hand) for when I show off the Legacy stages in my playthrough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The medals can be obtained in their cooresponding bosses for the knights of the round table (the more the followers you have, the higher the chances of finding it, stars may change your chances as well) and from what I've heard Sonic's can be found in Knight's Passage Legacy Stage but I haven't gotten that one.

Hoped this helped you two, but if anyone could help me, how do you get the last stage for battle mode (the one right next to the random selection on it's left side) and what is it? (I hope it's Avalon)

Has anyone managed to 5-star the last bosses King Arthur and The Dark Queen yet?

I have 5 stared every boss in the game (w/ the exception of Lancelot 2, gotta level up first). None of them are difficult when you have the perfect slash down pat.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I five-starred the Dark Queen. I think you need to do it within 1:20. What I did was wait for the soul gauge to fill only to about 50% capacity and then swing at her as much as possible in a rhythmic way to keep the soul gauge from depleting too fast. That's the only way really..... as well as not taking damage.

Also, I owned the mission on Faraway Avalon that involves getting a 350 ring chain. Five stars for that gets you Excalibur-Sonic concept art in the gallery! :3

Also, whoever said they were looking for a paralysis cure, you can get the strongest paralysis cure exclusively from Faraway Avalon missions from what i've discovered.

Dark Queen can be beaten in 0:53:63.

Black Knight (Faraway Avalon) can be beaten in less than 25 sec.

On cavalier style I did it in 19:78sec

Tho I got lucky cause its better off when he starts by using the sword move rather then the stunning electric.

On cavalier style I did it in 19:78sec

Tho I got lucky cause its better off when he starts by using the sword move rather then the stunning electric.

Well thats less than 25 sec :P.

On King Arthur 2nd battle. I do fine until he changes his sword slash attack the the cross slash type attack, I have no idea how to dodge it, and it really pisses me off.

Cheers ^^

How the hell do you get anything above one or two stars on the "Defeat as many enemies as possible" missions? D=

On King Arthur 2nd battle. I do fine until he changes his sword slash attack the the cross slash type attack, I have no idea how to dodge it, and it really pisses me off.

Cheers ^^

You mean when you're up on his horse having to swing the Wiimote at the right time? If so, just follow the onscreen prompts.

If you're talking about after you land a combo once and you have to run after him again, when Excalibur appears in front of you and start slashing in the cross/slash type attack, then just block it, then move to the side to dodge the following attack (he turns around and charges forward partially in the air).

Yeah I meant chasing him after the first combo. Thanks for the hint, I managed to beat him without knowing though :lol: just luck I guess.

How the hell do you get anything above one or two stars on the "Defeat as many enemies as possible" missions? D=

I've gotten five star rankings on those by using the special technique that slices through all the enemies automatically at once, I believe. I didn't figure it out until late on into the game though. If you don't know it already, you have to aerial attack and then while in the air flick the Wii remote and you'll dash through and attack all enemies currently in front of you at once.

I think I've also gotten five stars on those by using soul surge on all the enemies and having the item that gives you points for defeating enemies with Soul Surge equipped.

Hello everyone!

I have a question on the Legacy stages. Does anyone have any tips on how to 5-Star those stages? I managed to 4-star every one of those stages. No matter how quick I am with those stages, I've never 5-Star any of them. Tips anyone?

Thanks!

Edited by canderson

Cheers ^^

Quite simple yet you musn't rush anything, since hes only doing the sword cross slash, you can simply run under his hand since its the only part that isn't being touched by the sword but move slowly on the side where the hand is going.

Hello everyone!

I have a question on the Legacy stages. Does anyone have any tips on how to 5-Star those stages? I managed to 4-star every one of those stages. No matter how quick I am with those stages, I've never 5-Star any of them. Tips anyone?

Thanks!

To 5 star the Legacy stages, you must:

Finish as fast as possible

DESTROY ALL OF THE FLYING EGG PAWNS

Get nearly all the rings in your path, not all tho but the more you get the more points you'll have.

Chain Kills/Rings will give points too

So yeah, that requires alot of practice mostly in the shrouded forest.... where after the spring and eggpawn, right after you land you must Soul surge to keep the chain kills and soul surge again to keep the ring chain or else a 4 stars will be waiting for you.

Any advice on the 350 ring chain in avalon? No matter what I do, the giant one stops my chain.

Start by collecting almost every single ring in the huge batch at the start. Go for the left most line of rings then at the end walk backwards through the second, then fowards through the third, weaving your way across like that. There's something like 100 or so rings just here without any dangers to break your ring chain as long as you don't mess up the direction changing for each new line (it can be hard due to the SatSR mechanics unfortunately).

Doing this is time-wasting (prolly will deny you 5 star rank), but it basically reduces the mission to "get a 250 ring chain" instead. I don't remember encountering a giant one so maybe I got the chain I needed before encountering it when I played thanks to collecting so many rings at the start.

Any advice on the 350 ring chain in avalon? No matter what I do, the giant one stops my chain.

Like Jez said, collect every single rings in the beggining, then after the trail of single and 20 rings, there should be a wall of blocks with blue fairies in front of em....

DO NOT GO TOWARDS THEM, slow down a little and jump above it while not going too far, hidden blue faries should appear when you jump so take them.

They are the ones that will make you jump pass the giant while still taking rings in the sky and then you can continue normally to grab rings, tho after that you musn't run too fast cause there will be packs of 4 rings floating higher then the usual ones so you'll have to keep it steady and jump at the right time, oh and be careful of the block-spikes when trying to get the rings.

After that everything should be easy.

I used Jez's technique and by the end of the stage had well over 500 rings and a 5 star ranking to boot! Thanks for the tip ^^ Maybe it was just luck that got me the good ranking.

Does anyone have any tips for defeating Percevail (Blaze) the first time?

-Make her react.

For the beginning of the fight, Percival will only attack if you get close to her. Use this to your advantage. Approach her slowly so you can time it right and block her first attacks.

-Stay on the ground.

For the most part, your aerial attacks are useless (unless they are at the tail end of a combo). If you get too high on Percival, she’ll either hit you while you’re in your landing crouch, or clear the sky with her ring of fire move.

-Block often

Percival’s combos are fairly short and can be blocked all the way through. After you’ve seen each of them, you’ll notice that she leaves herself open for quite a while afterwards which is plenty of time to get a few easy slashes in.

-Don’t get greedy

If you’re not good at adjusting your strategy on the fly, then trying to cram as many attacks as possible onto Percival is a bad idea (especially if your aiming for high star marks). When she is open, take 3 or for hits and back off. Do not get greedy, Her Soul Surge and ring of Fire will make shot work of Sonic if you do

-Be patient

Don’t rush Percival. Approach her and fight back only when you see an opening. Take your time. As long as you don’t get hit, there is a good chance you’ll come away with 5 stars anyway.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

For all three of the knights (Lancelot, Gawain, and Percival), I basically just kept swinging the Wiimote. If I don't slow down, I never have to get into the sword-lock, so... it's pretty easy for me. A pretty easy 5-star ranking.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine