Awoo.

Sonic and the Black Knight Help Topic.

DarkDefeater

Yep. Before it just worked when I walked into them. Now, no matter how many rings I have, it forces me to do the QTE even when using a maxed-out Knight Style.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ovarloard

• -Mark-

• Unholy Sonic

• DarkDefeater

...Well good thing I already have 5 stars on everything and all the items.

Really I have no idea. Maybe try equipping an item that reduces your profiency and see if that turns it back on, like in Jurrasic Park.

Edited by Yong

I went back to one where it did work, and it didn't any more.

Although I just heard from someone that carrying certain items might stop it from working.

EDIT: Hmm, I just tried with no items equipped and it still didn't work. This is

odd. Maybe ti really is a bug in the game? D=

Maybe it has something to do with the number of followers you have. Do the people you try to interact with wave at you?

Anyone know what and where item number 190 is? It's the last one I need.

If anyone's got a spare they'd be willing to send me over Wi-Fi, that works too. D=

Soft Boiled Egg:

The Cauldron “Rampage: Defeat 12 Enemies”

Try equipping Rabbit's Tail to increase your chances of finding rare items.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

I think you might have gotten a "bad" title recently. If memory serves correctly, if the first title you have on that thing that shows how many followers you have is a bad title, then Crest of the Knight won't work.

Virgo: Thanks, I'll try that out in a bit.

Incidentally, the problem with the King's Crest thing seems to have mysteriously stopped for me, now. Now it works just when I run into townspeople again.

Edited by Mahzes

Does anyone know what the special moves of Gawain and Percival do? I know that Lancelot's Agility skill causes Chaos Spears to shoot forward after each sword swing, and Knight of Chaos (?) makes his Soul Burst move Chaos Blast.

Gawain's Knight of Stone is basically the same as his regular Soul Surge move only it now aims at the farthest enemy in a group rather than the closest. What results is a Soul Surge that can take out huge groups of enemies in nearly one swing. If your having trouble getting a 5 star on any Mastery stage, this move will come in great handy.

I don't exactly know what Knight of Flame or Crest of Heart for Percival does though.

Gawain's Knight of Stone is basically the same as his regular Soul Surge move only it now aims at the farthest enemy in a group rather than the closest. What results is a Soul Surge that can take out huge groups of enemies in nearly one swing. If your having trouble getting a 5 star on any Mastery stage, this move will come in great handy.

That's nice to know... normally, I avoid using anybody but Sonic for these stages, because he's got the best mobility, and I have to be able to evade enemies (so I don't waste sword slashes) while still moving foward.

I'm going to try Gawain now, though.

I don't exactly know what Knight of Flame or Crest of Heart for Percival does though.

Oh, I see. That's useful.

And I know that either Knight of Flame or Crest of Heart allows you to shoot a fireball out by pressing up + up + attack. Not sure about the other, but I'm gonna assume it increases the hit area of Percival's "Flames of Casion" attack.

Okay, it's the last thing I've got left to do in the game... how the hell do you unlock the Battle 100 mode in multiplayer? D=

Yep. Before it just worked when I walked into them. Now, no matter how many rings I have, it forces me to do the QTE even when using a maxed-out Knight Style.

What I've found is that if you use Sonic's Soul Surge and run into the townspeople that are going to give you items, they'll give it without the QTE. I haven't tried without using Soul Surge.

Also, whoever said it was impossible to get five stars on Lancelot Returns was wrong. Today, I managed to beat him again, and I was hit once, yet I still got a five star ranking.

Ok I have two questions:

1) Is there a quicker way to get followers than playing the same levels over and over again? Becuase for every mission I complete I only get about 50-60 followers and in total I have 3567 of them. Getting to max followers (which is like 25000 or something) will take forever unless there's a quicker way.

2) Are those crest's unlocked by getting max stars or do you find them?

Ok I have two questions:

1) Is there a quicker way to get followers than playing the same levels over and over again? Becuase for every mission I complete I only get about 50-60 followers and in total I have 3567 of them. Getting to max followers (which is like 25000 or something) will take forever unless there's a quicker way.

2) Are those crest's unlocked by getting max stars or do you find them?

1) Unfortunately, there is no "secret" way to get followers quickly. Just beat the levels a lot, and you'll eventually get all of them.

2) Sonic's Crests are gotten based on how many followers you have. I think it's... 10000 for Knight's Crest, 15000 for Crest of Wind, and 25000 (all of them) for Crest of Fire. Lancelot, Gawain, and Percival, though, have set abilities that come with the weapons you give them. Crests included. For example, even if you have ell of the followers, if Lancelot still has his default weapon, he doesn't get Agility nor Knight of Chaos.

I would stick with the Knight style, which is the mix of abilities. Cavalier, while speedy, is sometimes frustrating, and if you do somehow get dragged into combat (maybe with a homing dash), it's a little more frustrating. Paladin isn't as fun because it's not as fast, so the levels are a lot more boring in general. That's my opinion, at least.

Ok I have two questions:

Well, beating levels with a high rank tends to give more followers, but you'd still need to play the levels over and over.

You get one follower per 1000 points, so carry items that will maximize your score, especially in levels that don't use the honor bonus as a scoring factor (e.g Mastery Levels count sword strokes, give ring levels count Acts of Chivalry; add a string of pearls or similar to boost your actual point score). And as noted above, the better your ranking the more followers you get, since ranking is based at least partially on your final score. On some levels you can earn enough points to collect followers even if you fail, though, so keep those in mind before quitting the level.

..I feel really pathetic asking this but, I'm getting pissed.

How the hell do you do the Soul Serge in the air?

I always have trouble with the tutorials rather than the real game, oddly, since I beat at my friend's house when he was done with them. But now at my own house, I can't. >3>; Anyway, do you have to touch the sign doing Soul Serge in the air or something? I always do it during the level, I'm sure, but yet it still says I fail. Unless there's something more than jumping and initiating it that I'm missing. :c

Wow I feel like a total loser. xDD;

I always have trouble with the tutorials rather than the real game, oddly, since I beat at my friend's house when he was done with them. But now at my own house, I can't. >3>; Anyway, do you have to touch the sign doing Soul Serge in the air or something? I always do it during the level, I'm sure, but yet it still says I fail. Unless there's something more than jumping and initiating it that I'm missing. :c

Don't feel bad; the tutorials ARE confusing. They tell you to do something and don't explain how. :rolleyes: Anyway, what you have to do is press B while you're in the air, and then WAIT until the target-circle thingy closes in on the enemy. Don't swing as soon as you press B; swing when the target gets small and lights up for a split second.

You need to beat about ten or so enemies to beat the mission. Just Air Soul Surge every enemy in the mission and you should be fine.

Thanks you two, got past it in a jiffy and all the way to King Arthur in no time. <3

Anyway, what you have to do is press B while you're in the air, and then WAIT until the target-circle thingy closes in on the enemy. Don't swing as soon as you press B; swing when the target gets small and lights up for a split second.

It's best to swing when the target lights up, but it's not necessary.

If you do swing only when the target lights up, then it's a Perfect Hit, and you will be rewarded with some points for your Soul Gauge.

It's best to swing when the target lights up, but it's not necessary.

If you do swing only when the target lights up, then it's a Perfect Hit, and you will be rewarded with some points for your Soul Gauge.

Another way to figure it out is by watching your sword. When it glows, swing. Against certain bosses, you can time it by watching their swords, too. This helped me a lot during the second King Arthur battle.

During King Arthur, yes. But during Merlina's fight, it's hard to see the sword light up, and you must swing fast. So it seems like it's trial and error for that one, and once you discover how to time it to get the perfect hit, you just swing in a rhythm.

During King Arthur, yes. But during Merlina's fight, it's hard to see the sword light up, and you must swing fast. So it seems like it's trial and error for that one, and once you discover how to time it to get the perfect hit, you just swing in a rhythm.

True

The tempo needed to land perfect hits varies from boss to boss (excluding the vs. Knights). The last one is actually a quite brisk pace while the rest are just somewhat faster renditions of the norm.

The stroke is worth figuring out because it will allow you to post the times necessary for 5-star scores.

Question:

Anyone managed to unlock

Excalibur Sonic

yet? I know the answer is that he doesn’t exist, but he is so stacked with awesome that it is worth asking anyway….